Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>B/A School Boy Just Arrived on the Bus!
jen2651 11:36 AM 03-23-2012
I am so frustrated! Visited with mom last week about the fact that today is a half day. She said she would visit with the grandparents and see what they were up to. I NEVER heard another word and since I feel like this is COMPLETELY NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY I left all the plan making up to her.

What happens?! Boy just gets off school bus here. She should thank her lucky stars cause if my dd had snoozed for even a little bit this am we would have taken the other 2 kids to McDonalds to play (been raining here for a week). No one would have been home, and since he knows no one in the area, would have what? just come in? walked back to school? I am so relieved that we didn't leave but am also extremely frustrated with this.

Ok, vent over. I did send here a text that said if someone was supposed to pick *** up, he was at my house. I haven't heard a response yet. Seriously, he could just be wandering...and who would be responsible then? me? So, how much to charge? They have always made other arrangements for half days and days off.... so I have never had to figure out the $ part...
Mary Poppins 11:45 AM 03-23-2012
Oh no!! How stressful with the "what if" factor. Thank GOD you were home!!

Dcm would definitely get an earful from me for sure!
itlw8 11:56 AM 03-23-2012
Do you have a late fee or an after hour fee ??? I would make it very high. Do you want them to come get him now???? then tell them it is $1 a minute they had better hurry.

If you would keep him but do not want to tell them it is $10 an hour on to of the regular after school rate.

I would text her the fees and say wow were getting ready to leave when a bus pulled up. You could have been charged with neglect for not making arrangements. He is luckily safe. Bring the cash with you when you pick him up.
jen2651 12:03 PM 03-23-2012
They don't need to come pick him up but I just want them to be as shaken as I am... I feel like texting them and telling them someone came and picked him up....it looked like grandma so....maybe their panic button would kick in! Their after school rate is already paid for, they pay monthly so I am just trying to decide if I charge them $10 for the afternoon (3 hours more than normal) or $15.
itlw8 12:18 PM 03-23-2012
personally I would make it higher than that

The 15 would be fine if they arranged for it $5 an hour put this was not. I think you need to charge closer to $10 an hour to make a point it will NEVER happen again.

and we all know you would not really scare them like that.
Unregistered 12:25 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by jen2651:
They don't need to come pick him up but I just want them to be as shaken as I am... I feel like texting them and telling them someone came and picked him up....it looked like grandma so....maybe their panic button would kick in! Their after school rate is already paid for, they pay monthly so I am just trying to decide if I charge them $10 for the afternoon (3 hours more than normal) or $15.
Of course I would never say that (this is jen2651) but I want to! She texted back. She thought she had told me. I said the last I heard is she would be talking to gparents...

TGIF! Maybe I'm just ready for a cocktail and just my own kids!
Reply Up