Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Runabout Stroller
jen2651 08:18 PM 05-21-2012
I am looking at some different options in getting my kids to different places. There is a Runabout stroller for sale (holds 6 kids) on CL and I was wondering if those of you who owned one were happy with it.

Some background...I live on a gravel road (very well maintained - almost tar like as it is compressed well) about 1 mile from town. I was hoping to bring my kids to the pool and library this summer but feel the 1.4 miles to the pool is too far for my (newly) 3 year olds and my almost 4 year old to walk. I know in the olden days we all walked up hill both ways but I also don't want to spend 3 hours gathering rocks along the way!

So, for those who own one...is this viable? Should I just purchase a people hauler van? I can make it with my Joovy Caboose (2 seats and a sit or stand spot - kiddo sits) in less than a half an hour and as much as I love the ability to carry 3 (I had a small group this am) I almost always have more than 3. Also, the Joovy isn't very friendly in not level settings - it is difficult to steer and has incredibly small wheels. My jeep stroller with larger wheels is SO much easier. Again, I love the Joovy but I think my love for it is due to the fact it carries more kids!

Ok, so there is my question which is not really a question, just asking for some advice. The price tag on the Runabout is rather high and I certainly don't want to purchase something that won't meet my needs...so, any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
AnneCordelia 06:18 AM 05-22-2012
I have a five seat runabout that I love!! We do four miles a day with it (school is one mile away...we do the run twice a day. It got me through our Canadian winters doing those four miles a day too.

I totally recommend the runabout...its a fantastic stroller.
Tags:stroller, stroller - 6 seat
Reply Up