Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Angry at DCP
Little Star75 04:52 PM 04-26-2013
So I called and texted DCP at 3:30 that dcb had a runny nose with green mucus and that dcb needed to be picked up. So...DCP finally calls at 4:15 that he was on his way to pick them up, it is now 4:45 and still not here.
I really would like to right something on my policy stating kids need to be picked up within an hour or I will charge a late fee... Does this sound reasonable? Or what should I do? What would be a good consequence for the parent?

I'm angry and not know what to do!!!!
Cradle2crayons 04:54 PM 04-26-2013
Absolutely reasonable!!! I have that in my policy... Works wonders!!!! Unfortunately if its not in your policy currently, you can't charge them for today. But absolutely. I require them to be here within the hour because all of my parents work so far away. But yes, if they aren't here in one hour, I charge a late fee.
Little Star75 05:05 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Absolutely reasonable!!! I have that in my policy... Works wonders!!!! Unfortunately if its not in your policy currently, you can't charge them for today. But absolutely. I require them to be here within the hour because all of my parents work so far away. But yes, if they aren't here in one hour, I charge a late fee.
Ahhhh I feel better now lol. Yes definitely I will put it in my policy. I think I'm doing 30 min since they live and work near by. Does that sound reasonable or should I do 45 min?
Cradle2crayons 05:34 PM 04-26-2013
Hmmm 45 minutes I think is reasonable.... Unless you are sure they can make it in 30 minutes?
JoseyJo 06:19 PM 04-26-2013
We have 45 minutes in our policy, but we don't specify what happens if they don't come in that time! Adding that right now
Little Star75 06:41 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
We have 45 minutes in our policy, but we don't specify what happens if they don't come in that time! Adding that right now

I'm in the process of updating my policies too so I think it's great to all these new rules I have come up with.
mema 06:45 PM 04-26-2013
When I just redid my handbook, I put in 1 hour. After that, it's $1 per minute. I put 1 hour because even tho most work close by, they have to park across town and shuttle to work.
Cradle2crayons 06:49 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
When I just redid my handbook, I put in 1 hour. After that, it's $1 per minute. I put 1 hour because even tho most work close by, they have to park across town and shuttle to work.
Sounds fair to me!!!
Tags:calls
Reply Up