Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Resumes
tenderhearts 10:23 AM 01-05-2021
I am really searching for a in home daycare provider that has done a resume transitioning from doing childcare to a job in a different field. I am really struggling to find anything. Everything I find is creating one finding a job in the same field. I would like to start creating one. Thank you
Michael 11:03 AM 01-05-2021
Maybe one of these previous Resume threads will be of help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=resume
dolores 10:02 AM 01-06-2021
Using the right resume format will help if you are pivoting to a different career/industry. Maybe one that highlights your entrepreneurial skills (assuming you ran your own inhome daycare?) which covers a range of business skills that are transferable to many jobs.

The Business & Career Center at my local library offers one-on-one resume building and career assistance by Zoom and email. Check if yours does. They also have free classes you can sign up for that may look good on your resume too. Good luck to you!
tenderhearts 12:40 PM 01-06-2021
I guess I feel like I don't really know where to start. I have one from many years go before I ever even did daycare more than 20 years ago, do I even put those on a new resume? that's where I get really confused.
Cat Herder 05:15 PM 01-06-2021
My understanding is that most employers want the last 10 years.
Snowmom 09:45 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I guess I feel like I don't really know where to start. I have one from many years go before I ever even did daycare more than 20 years ago, do I even put those on a new resume? that's where I get really confused.
If they are relevant to the job you are seeking- yes. But you don't necessarily have to put a timeframe or even the standard resume format. You could put a general synopsis of related work experience and concentrate of the business ownership of this last 20 years in your main overview.

Just throwing out ideas.

Here are some good ideas on styling your resume: https://mashable.com/2013/03/02/resume-design/
As far as daycare experience:
What makes your program unique?
Do you have a website?
Accounting and Accounts Payable?
Design your own curriculum?
Associations and affiliations?
How do you advertise? Do you design your own materials?
tenderhearts 09:28 AM 01-15-2021
Thank you for this. It would just be really helpful if I had an example of a providers resume who changed careers. I'm having a hard time finding the appropriate template for this and I'm not great with wording on things like that. I feel like I do not even know where to begin.
Tags:employment resume, resume
Reply Up