Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Ever Had A Little Girl Do This While In Your Care?
Binkybobo 05:07 AM 12-11-2012
Yesterday the cutest little girl came back to daycare with a mullet! I figured her grandma probably cut her hair since the grandma's hair is cut similarly. I asked her who cut it and she said mommy. I couldn't see her mommy allowing this since the mom is kinda young and trendy. The little girl always had the prettiest shoulder length hair with bangs. She also has thick hair, so I figured they were trying to thin it out..maybe? I didn't mention the haircut when mom picked her up. Mom just said,"Did you notice that she cut her wn hair?" I immediately let go and started laughing hysterically. One of my biggest nightmares is that one of the little girls will cut their own hair at my house. Besides the normal reasons that we should keep a very close eye on the kiddos with scissors, I am always afraid that someone will give themselves a haircut. Just imagine what the same mom would have said had I sent this child home with a mullet! SometimesI wonder about these things. These children show up to daycare with the baddest scrapes, bruises, and haircuts. What the parents do if I sent a child home with pushed back teeth(as previously mentioned) or a mullet! Has anyone ever had a little girl cut their hair at daycare?
SilverSabre25 05:09 AM 12-11-2012
yep.........my own
countrymom 05:24 AM 12-11-2012
yup my own too when she got silly putty stuck in it.
e.j. 05:32 AM 12-11-2012
Yes but it was my niece and I stopped her before she did any real dammage. She had cut just a few thin strands - nothing that showed, thank God!
SquirrellyMama 05:46 AM 12-11-2012
No, but I did have a little boy try to cut a, um, sensitive area I had turned around to get something for them from the kitchen and I heard him say ouch. I have no idea what would have possessed him to try that. Luckily, it was through his pants. There was no damage

K
cheerfuldom 05:52 AM 12-11-2012
My daughters have cut their hair as well. but nothing as bad as what this one did it seems.
Binkybobo 06:10 AM 12-11-2012
When I was a teenager my neighbor's 3 year old hacked off all of her hair which gave me this lifelong paranoia of girls chopping their hair off. My girls have very curly hair, so if they cut it they would like like orphan Annie. i've always watched them very closely and kept the scissors high because of this! What a nightmare!
Binkybobo 06:10 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
No, but I did have a little boy try to cut a, um, sensitive area I had turned around to get something for them from the kitchen and I heard him say ouch. I have no idea what would have possessed him to try that. Luckily, it was through his pants. There was no damage

K
Oh, wow! Glad that didn't go the wrong way!
SquirrellyMama 06:20 AM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by Binkybobo:
Oh, wow! Glad that didn't go the wrong way!
Yes, lesson learned. My oldest was the same age as the little boy but she was a girl who didn't do things like that. I was not prepared for that type of child. I have since had 2 more children of my own and I am now not shocked by much

K
MarinaVanessa 08:17 AM 12-11-2012
My DD has cut her hair 3 times in her life. She's 8 now. She gave herself bangs in preschool, cut 3 inches off of the ends on one side in Kinder (we had to give her a dora cut) and then 2 months ago she cut two chunks of hair in the back of her head ONE INCH FROM HER SCALP!!!!

There was no way to fix that one. It's growing out but now it sticks straight out of her head on the back. Sometimes now I can put it in a half ponytail at least so that you can't see it but unfortunately my DD hates having her hair put up.
itlw8 10:30 AM 12-11-2012
dgd 5 cut hers this summer dgscut the dogs Saturday a lab on the top of the head right down to the skin and the dog just sat and let him do it.
Binkybobo 10:52 AM 12-11-2012
The things we see.... Unimaginable things that no one else would ever encounter on a daily basis unless they were baby monkey trainers. A sweet girl with a mullet sitting at circle time each day. A poor dog getting a buzz cut. Sometimes I feel like I am in a circus, but I try to laugh through it al. Working with adults is a lot worse!
Sunshine74 09:24 PM 12-11-2012
Not under my care, but as our center has been open for almost 30 years, I'm sure it's happened. My friend's daughter cut her own hair several times; she did it once or twice when she was at school (in kindergarten).

I teach religious ed at my church to kindergartners, and I had a boy pinch his ear with a pair of safety scissors. I was helping another child, and had just told him to cut his paper, not the air. Luckily it didn't break the skin or anything- just made it a little red.
youretooloud 09:37 PM 12-11-2012
My own did it. It was bad. But, I think it's part of parenting.

I have had about half my daycare girls cut their own hair at least once at home. Not here.

But, one girl with long beautiful thick black hair got it caught in a battery operated truck here, and I had to cut it to get the truck off her head.

Another boy (this was awful) I washed his hair before he left for school because he had sand ground into his scalp. While I left him in the bathroom to go find some detangler, he wound the comb into his hair. His mom was going to be here any minute...as I was coming down the hall, I could hear him crying in frustration, and when I walked in he was YANKING it out of his hair... he pulled most of the top of his hair out of his head. I pushed on his hand to make him stop, and the comb dropped with his hand, all full of hair. I was horrified. He had a visible bald spot. For months.
LK5kids 07:05 AM 12-12-2012
Yes, it's ALWAYS good it happened at home. I had a little boy about 3 when I did child care before take his dad's disposable razor and shave a huge huge hunk of hair to the left side of his forhead but still in the front. He looked pretty silly and I was glad he hadn't taken scissors to his hair here. When his mom asked what happened he said the lady who owned the salon in town had done it
LK5kids 07:07 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by Binkybobo:
The things we see.... Unimaginable things that no one else would ever encounter on a daily basis unless they were baby monkey trainers. A sweet girl with a mullet sitting at circle time each day. A poor dog getting a buzz cut. Sometimes I feel like I am in a circus, but I try to laugh through it al. Working with adults is a lot worse!
Yes, shhhh we are quite like baby monkey trainers
Reply Up