Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Girl Power? OR Girl, Go Home!?
NightOwl 06:35 AM 06-27-2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-PREGNANT.html
NightOwl 06:38 AM 06-27-2014
Sorry, it won't link directly. You'll have to copy and paste.
Basically, a 28yo former Olympian ran an 800m race while 34 weeks pregnant. Omg, it looks so painful...
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Sorry, it won't link directly. You'll have to copy and paste.
Basically, a 28yo former Olympian ran an 800m race while 34 weeks pregnant. Omg, it looks so painful...
I fixed it. No worries
daycarediva 06:57 AM 06-27-2014
My dr advised me not to run while that pregnant, same with a dcm I have that does triathalons. It was a short race though, so I'm sure that played a part.

She looks great though!!!
spud912 07:11 AM 06-27-2014
Yeah . . . that just looks painful .
Shell 07:24 AM 06-27-2014
Oh, I don't know- this topic in general is a hot one. Both my kids were over 9 lbs and I went from being a skinny little thing to a house in about 5 months time. I was never the excessive work out type, would occasionally run, but nothing major. Since I've been trying to lose the baby fat, I see all sizes of regnant ladies working out, and I wonder how safe it is. But, I guess it boils down to if you were physically active, an athlete, even a marathon runner etc before pregnancy, you can still do it during?! There was a FB thing with a pregnant woman at cross fit, and people were nasty in the comments, saying women shouldn't use pregnancy as an excuse to get fat and all that. One ob gyn said it wasn't safe, one said it was- crazy.
AmyKidsCo 09:33 AM 06-27-2014
I had a DCM who was a runner - not Olympic - before she got pregnant and she continued to run until the last month of her pregnancy. AFAIK most OBs say it's generally OK to continue with your usual physical activity when you're pregnant. Obviously you'll want to consult your own OB because everyone is different.

Personally, I don't run even when I'm not pregnant.
craftymissbeth 10:01 AM 06-27-2014
I think it's great. This is coming from a gigantic couch potato sitting at her laptop eating a quesadilla
midaycare 10:25 AM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:

Personally, I don't run even when I'm not pregnant.
If I'm running, you better run too, because something is really, really wrong.

I like to walk and hike, though.
e.j. 03:39 PM 06-27-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
If I'm running, you better run too, because something is really, really wrong.

I didn't read the article but did see the story on the news earlier. It was reported that she had her doctor's okay to run. I feel like it's between her and her dr. I just wish I had that kind of energy and motivation!
daycare 03:47 PM 06-27-2014
I ran, lifted weights and biked through both of mine, but I did this before I got PG so nothing was said to me.

It was pretty uncomfortable after my 6th month to do much running or biking, I did just tone down the work outs.

But wow that is pretty amazing, I bet after that baby was born he/she wanted to be bounces all the time. lol this is speaking from experience, both of mine wanted to me bounced non-stop or they would scream. I think it was because i was so overly active during my PG that this what they were used to....

but that is simply amazing
Reply Up