Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting Licensed Degree
Sandrager 02:00 PM 04-09-2019
Hi All ,
New member. My wife and I are looking to open a home day care just starting in Washington. We are looking at the big obstacles. The biggest we identified is she got her Bachelor's in Guatemala in early learning. The college has closed. We have a copy of her degree but not the transcripts. She thinks she can get a copy in person but that is extreme and so is waiting 9 months while she takes schooling here. The licenser told her to contact Merit. My wife emailed them. She has been teaching for 17 years, part of which has been 5years here in the states.
Another thought she has her 10yr green card will that be a problem ? I do not believe so but have not looked into it yet. Was mainly focusing on the house what needs to change etc licesing etc.

A thought only need highschool maybe her highschool is open I'll ask her.

Appreciate any of your ideas or help and thansk in advance.

Sand
Michael 02:11 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome to the forum. Here are your state standards for family childcare: https://www.daycare.com/washington/w...uirements.html
Mom2Two 02:11 PM 04-09-2019
Have you called your state Department of Child Care licensing? They can tell you the requirements of running a daycare, including education. I don't know the requirements for your state, but if you Google it, you will find a link easily. I think there's a link on this website as well.
Mom2Two 02:12 PM 04-09-2019
Ha, ha, Michael posted while I was typing.
mrma 01:01 PM 06-06-2019
I recently became licensed in Washington. Having a green card is no problem, you will need a high school diploma or GED to be the licensee.
Tags:washington member, washington regulations
Reply Up