Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Car Chase Update!!!!!
Meeko 05:33 AM 11-11-2011
OK....so the ex arrived to pick up his baby last night and told me what happened.

The naughty mom works at a convenience store very close by. He caught up with her in the parking lot and told her she needed to get back to the day care and that I had to have the forms. Evidently they argued for a while and she kept telling him she was late for work, would get in trouble with her boss...blah, blah,blah.

So he told her if she didn't do it , he was going to get the kids (3 are his and he has pick up clearance for the others) and bring them all to her work and dump them there for her to deal with!

She was ultra chatty and making nice when she picked up last night. Hopefully she learned her lesson!

On another note.....some of you may remember me talking about the oldest 12 year old girl and how she has such a hard time. (The "ex" is not her dad) She started junior high this fall. She had been forced to carry a Tinkerbell backpack to school because her parents "haven't had time" (mom only works 30 hours a week) to get her anything else. The poor kid had been carrying it with the Tinkerbell logo up against her to try and hide it. What were they thinking????? What junior high student wants to look like a 5 year old????

I told my daughters, and my 17 year old found a cool messenger bag she doesn't use much and gave it to her a few weeks back. You would think we'd given her the world.

When they left last night, the girl gave me a quick hug and rushed out the door. I thought it was a bit weird. When I went to my desk later, there was a piece of paper there with a blue heart colored in crayon. On it was written:

"Thank you for all you do for me. I love you. I love coming to your house. I wish I could be here all the time. Love, *****

After a quick cry, it re-affirmed why I put up with the mom.
Heidi 05:44 AM 11-11-2011
You are awesome, and that is an awesome girl! I hope the teenage years don't hit her too hard and she comes out the other end just as sweet!
KEG123 05:53 AM 11-11-2011
awwww. Too sweet.
boysx5 06:33 AM 11-11-2011
that is great makes the job we do all worth it
momofsix 06:35 AM 11-11-2011
Aww, that brought tears to my eyes. Things like that make it all worth while. The influence you and your family are having on this girls life will last forever. Good for you!
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 11-11-2011
That was very sweet of you! I am sure she appreciated it alot.

Weird how different the trends can be across the country.....right now the lastest craze for middle and high schoolers is Tinkerbell (and the Disney princess) stuff! They all have T-shirt's, sweatshirts and backpacks with those characters on it. The stores can't keep them stocked. My 17 year old assistant has a Tinkerbell cell phone cover....come to think of it, so does my sister and she is 35. LOL!!
Meeko 07:09 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That was very sweet of you! I am sure she appreciated it alot.

Weird how different the trends can be across the country.....right now the lastest craze for middle and high schoolers is Tinkerbell (and the Disney princess) stuff! They all have T-shirt's, sweatshirts and backpacks with those characters on it. The stores can't keep them stocked. My 17 year old assistant has a Tinkerbell cell phone cover....come to think of it, so does my sister and she is 35. LOL!!
I need to send her to your neck of the woods! LOL!
wdmmom 07:13 AM 11-11-2011
That's AWESOME! We may never get noticed or thanked enough for what we do by the parents but the kids sure see it!
cheerfuldom 07:40 AM 11-11-2011
that is so sweet. bless you for being so great for this little girl. every child needs a safe and loving place to go, its a shame she doesn't feel that at home.
laundrymom 08:03 AM 11-11-2011
Awesome!!!! I'm crying too
daycare 08:10 AM 11-11-2011
Omg girl you rock. Mad me cry.. I'm super emo today
Hunni Bee 09:32 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
OK....so the ex arrived to pick up his baby last night and told me what happened.

The naughty mom works at a convenience store very close by. He caught up with her in the parking lot and told her she needed to get back to the day care and that I had to have the forms. Evidently they argued for a while and she kept telling him she was late for work, would get in trouble with her boss...blah, blah,blah.

So he told her if she didn't do it , he was going to get the kids (3 are his and he has pick up clearance for the others) and bring them all to her work and dump them there for her to deal with!

She was ultra chatty and making nice when she picked up last night. Hopefully she learned her lesson!

On another note.....some of you may remember me talking about the oldest 12 year old girl and how she has such a hard time. (The "ex" is not her dad) She started junior high this fall. She had been forced to carry a Tinkerbell backpack to school because her parents "haven't had time" (mom only works 30 hours a week) to get her anything else. The poor kid had been carrying it with the Tinkerbell logo up against her to try and hide it. What were they thinking????? What junior high student wants to look like a 5 year old????

I told my daughters, and my 17 year old found a cool messenger bag she doesn't use much and gave it to her a few weeks back. You would think we'd given her the world.

When they left last night, the girl gave me a quick hug and rushed out the door. I thought it was a bit weird. When I went to my desk later, there was a piece of paper there with a blue heart colored in crayon. On it was written:

"Thank you for all you do for me. I love you. I love coming to your house. I wish I could be here all the time. Love, *****

I'm glad she, even as a child, understands how wonderful it is to have someone who cares. Adults don't get that much anymore...

...We had a dress up party this week, which is our answer to Halloween. One of our CCR&R's donated a huge trash bag of little girl's tutus...but the kind that they could wear as regular clothes. They were all different and adorable. They were all size 2T, but they magically fit every girl in our center 5 and under . They were so happy and so was I. So at the end of the party, every little girl got one.

The next morning, one of the moms comes and hands the tutu back...saying the little girls dad "just didn't like it". . Rudeness, I tell you. They could've given it to any other little girl. Kind of hurt our feelings.
Ariana 09:36 AM 11-11-2011
This made me tear up!!! It's so wonderful that you're making such a difference in her life
MichellesKiddos 10:45 AM 11-11-2011
Apparently I must be emotional today because that made me cry..even before I got to the end!

Isn't it amazing that something so trivial to us can totally make a huge impact on someone else?! This is exactly why I absolutely LOVE having my kids pick out mittens off of the giving tree. I just wish that I could see those kids' faces on Christmas morning when they wake up and have presents for them under the tree!
e.j. 10:56 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:

My eyes are still stinging! You must feel so good to know what a difference you've made for her.

And that dad....you've gotta love him!
WImom 11:09 AM 11-11-2011
That is so sweet. It's great she has you in her life.
Christian Mother 11:33 AM 11-11-2011
Totally misty eyed over here!! Your a Wonderful Provider and bless that teen that she recognized it and felt compelled to let you know "YOU ROCK"!! We need to hear that from time to time.
Meeko 01:57 PM 11-11-2011
I keep telling myself "It's all about the kids!"

If I could only get paid without the parents.......
Cat Herder 02:47 PM 11-11-2011
Love it
misspollywog 03:02 PM 11-11-2011
Yep, I teared up too. That was awesome, thanks for sharing.
Tags:irresponsible parents
Reply Up