Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Name Question?
KidGrind 11:12 AM 10-15-2014
How did you all come up with your business names and screen names?

I am curious. My favorite screen names are CrazyDaycareLady, Dilley Beans & Monkey Toes?

When I first came to this site I just knew NannyDe’s first name was Deanne or Denise. I figured she was or use to be a nanny. A year later I learned her name is not Deanne or Denise...
Reply
LysesKids 11:39 AM 10-15-2014
I've been using my business name for over 10 years now; My childcare home is called Tir na nÓg. It means Land of the Young in Gaelic and it fits because I work with littles ( There is an Irish Farie Myth about it). My screen names is easy too.... LysesKids, me & my littles.
Reply
melilley 11:42 AM 10-15-2014
One of my best friends in high school used to call me Melilley (pronounced like Muh-lily) as my nickname and it just stuck. I use it for many things.

The name of my daycare is just M's Family Daycare, after my real name, boring I know..lol I chose that because I was so excited to get business cards when I opened, that I didn't take the time to check out what I had to do to have a legal name so I just stuck with that.
Reply
Annalee 11:43 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
How did you all come up with your business names and screen names?

I am curious. My favorite screen names are CrazyDaycareLady, Dilley Beans & Monkey Toes?

When I first came to this site I just knew NannyDe’s first name was Deanne or Denise. I figured she was or use to be a nanny. A year later I learned her name is not Deanne or Denise...
My screen name is what I chose to name a girl if I had one, but instead had 2 sons.. as for my business, I chose the name kids always called me Ms. xxx's childcare and preschool!
Reply
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 10-15-2014
My screen name is because of birthdate. (Halloween ~ 10/31)

I have also always had a black cat.


As for my business name.... it's changed on and off over the years.

Now it's just "(my name)'s Kids. It was accidental....

Many of my families were/are friends outside of care and during social settings when asked where their kids go, the answer was always "Oh mine are MYNAME's kids" so it just kind of stuck.
Reply
sahm1225 11:56 AM 10-15-2014
I chose mine because I really wanted to be a stay at home mom!
My daycare is just my name so in boring too ha ha!
Reply
KidGrind 12:01 PM 10-15-2014
My screen name happen within 30 seconds. I don’t use my government name on the internet.

Kids are my work. I refer to work as the grind. So I am KidGrind.

Annalee would you believe I was going to name my son Panther Amadeus?
Reply
Annalee 12:03 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
My screen name happen within 30 seconds. I don’t use my government name on the internet.

Kids are my work. I refer to work as the grind. So I am Kidgrind.

Annalee would you believe I was going to name my son Panther Amadeus?

Reply
melilley 12:03 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
My screen name happen within 30 seconds. I don’t use my government name on the internet.

Kids are my work. I refer to work as the grind. So I am Kidgrind.

Annalee would you believe I was going to name my son Panther Amadeus?
When my sister and I were younger, she wanted to name her first son (if she had one) Pony Boy (from the movie The Outsiders). Needless to say, that's not her sons name.
Reply
MOM OF 4 12:08 PM 10-15-2014
My business name was Just Like Home Family Child Care because I did at home care, nothing really special.

My screen name is mom of 4 because I have 4 kids that I raise. lol So again, nothing special.
Reply
KidGrind 12:09 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
When my sister and I were younger, she wanted to name her first son (if she had one) Pony Boy (from the movie The Outsiders). Needless to say, that's not her sons name.
You just made me scream out loud in laughter during nap time!

I have a son. His name is not Panther Amadeus. My husband, family, friends and strangers gave Panther Amadeus the.
Reply
KidGrind 12:10 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by MOM OF 4:
My business name was Just Like Home Family Child Care because I did at home care, nothing really special.

My screen name is mom of 4 because I have 4 kids that I raise. lol So again, nothing special.
Reads special to me.
Reply
Blackcat31 12:11 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
How did you all come up with your business names and screen names?

I am curious. My favorite screen names are CrazyDaycareLady, Dilley Beans & Monkey Toes?

When I first came to this site I just knew NannyDe’s first name was Deanne or Denise. I figured she was or use to be a nanny. A year later I learned her name is not Deanne or Denise...
We should have done a "guess why I chose this screen name" thread....

Would've given some funny/scary insight as to what others think when they read our screen names without knowing the why behind them.
Reply
Annalee 12:12 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You just made me scream out loud in laughter during nap time!

I have a son. His name is not Panther Amadeus. My husband, family, friends and strangers gave Panther Amadeus the.
I have a dcb named oliver eliax (first and middle name)....kind of odd at first but it grows on you and he is a sweetie!
Reply
KidGrind 12:13 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We should have done a "guess why I chose this screen name" thread....

Would've given some funny/scary insight as to what others think when they read our screen names without knowing the why behind them.
Never too late!

Monkey Toes = She can write calligraphy with her toes and her favorite fruit is bananas.
Reply
melilley 12:14 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You just made me scream out loud in laughter during nap time!

I have a son. His name is not Panther Amadeus. My husband, family, friends and strangers gave Panther Amadeus the.
Panther isn't that bad.
I once had a co-worker that named her child Taleek Neuco Cornell Jones Jr.! I'm not even sure if I spelled it right. It's not out of the ordinary, but could you imagine spelling that out all the time?
Reply
sahm1225 12:17 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
Never too late!

Monkey Toes = She can write calligraphy with her toes and her favorite fruit is bananas.
Or she has amazingly long toes and can pick things up with it?
Reply
SignMeUp 12:19 PM 10-15-2014
My business name is just Xxxxxxx's House. Because that's what my kids have always said when they're coming here - they're going to Xxxxxxx's House!

My sign-in name? Um, I wanted to sign up here

One of my former families wanted to let their oldest daughter name the new baby. She chose Cinderella They named her Elsa instead

And one of my daycare boys is named Benjamin, but the parents called him Benji. One of my other kids must have been watching old movies at home, because she whispered to me, "But ... that's a DOG!"
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 01:03 PM 10-15-2014
My screen name is Grateful Dead related (aging hippie). I was going to list my location as "down by the river", but thought it would be confused with the Chris Farley skit and be considered "in a van, down by the river"

Our business name is from our location.
Reply
AuntTami 01:27 PM 10-15-2014
My screen nAme I chose because that's who I am "aunt Tami" lol. My DBA name is "little sprouts childcare" I wanted something to incorporate the fact that we grow a lot of the food we eat here so it made sense! Sprouts=vegetables/gardening. I considered "tiny humans daycare" but my BF didn't like that. I thought it was funny.
Reply
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
My screen nAme I chose because that's who I am "aunt Tami" lol. My DBA name is "little sprouts childcare" I wanted something to incorporate the fact that we grow a lot of the food we eat here so it made sense! Sprouts=vegetables/gardening. I considered "tiny humans daycare" but my BF didn't like that. I thought it was funny.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the suggested daycare name much more than the actual one. (My humor tends to lean toward the obviousness of life )

If you google Little Sprouts or any version of it, you'll be amazed at how many other daycares/centers show up so it's apparently pretty common.
Reply
AuntTami 02:20 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the suggested daycare name much more than the actual one. (My humor tends to lean toward the obviousness of life )

If you google Little Sprouts or any version of it, you'll be amazed at how many other daycares/centers show up so it's apparently pretty common.
I know- that was my major concern and why I ended up with "childcare" instead of "daycare". There's a "little sprouts discovery center" in wisconsin too. Ugh. I wanted something original and off the wall but BF wasn't thrilled with "tiny humans" and neither was anyone else I asked.i also considered "itty bitty Einsteins" and "teetee's daycare"(teetee is what the kiddos call me. Tami is hard)... They have no sense of humor cuz I thought it was HILARIOUS. I still refer to my DCK's as "the tiny humans" lol.
Reply
AmyKidsCo 02:27 PM 10-15-2014
My first child care name was Amy's A+ Child Care because the first children I had enrolled were Andy, Amalia, Autumn, A.J. April, and Katie (she was the "plus").

When we moved to Appleton I had a list of names to choose from and DH said "Amy & Kids Co." I liked it because it started with A (alphabetical advantage) and described what I'm about - me and the kids.

Since then I've learned that "kids" is a naughty 4-letter word in early childhood (they're children, not baby goats, dontcha know ) It's too late to change it, but I personally don't freak out about kids/children unless I'm trying to be ultra-professional.
Reply
MyAngels 03:06 PM 10-15-2014
I use MyAngels here because that's what I've always called my daycare kids.

When I first started my daycare no one used a business name really, so I didn't either. Now I'm too lazy to think one up so I still don't have one
Reply
KidGrind 03:06 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
My screen nAme I chose because that's who I am "aunt Tami" lol. My DBA name is "little sprouts childcare" I wanted something to incorporate the fact that we grow a lot of the food we eat here so it made sense! Sprouts=vegetables/gardening. I considered "tiny humans daycare" but my BF didn't like that. I thought it was funny.
I wanted to name my business Snot ‘R’ Us. Everyone the idea. I really like Tiny Humans Daycare.
Reply
daycarediva 04:46 PM 10-15-2014
I LOVE tiny humans! That would be a cute name! Weirdly enough, I got calls looking for adult daycare when I had MYNAME daycare.

My new business name is common enough, but not in my area (no variation within a 60 mile radius. )

My screen name is a running joke with Dh. I am very much a jeans and tshirt, plain jane, tomboy girl, except when it comes to kids/daycare. I want top of the line, best of the best, and I'm persnickety about parents following my handbook and being 'the best' I can possibly be. Dh started calling me daycare diva, and it stuck.
Reply
AuntTami 05:03 PM 10-15-2014
[quote=daycarediva;502021]I LOVE tiny humans! That would be a cute name! Weirdly enough, I got calls looking for adult daycare when I had MYNAME daycare. [quote]

DANG IT PEOPLE! I was hoping everyone would hate tiny humans and then I wouldn't feel bad about not naming my daycare that! Now that everyone likes it, now I wish I had stuck with it and named my daycare that! DARN IT! Can I change my name? I'm not licensed yet lol.
Reply
hope 05:25 PM 10-15-2014
Business name is my name home daycare bc that's how people started referring to my business. I wanted something cute but I do rely on word of mouth so never changed it.

I didn't put much thought into my screen name. I am a big believer in hope. Want the best, strive for it and believe in it. Must have been having an emotional day when I signed up. Lol.
Reply
Dilley Beans 05:28 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
How did you all come up with your business names and screen names?

I am curious. My favorite screen names are CrazyDaycareLady, Dilley Beans & Monkey Toes?

When I first came to this site I just knew NannyDe’s first name was Deanne or Denise. I figured she was or use to be a nanny. A year later I learned her name is not Deanne or Denise...
I feel so famous, and after being here only a few month

I live in a tiny town called Dilley, it's a farming off-shoot of Forest Grove, OR, no one had it anywhere I could find, so I am naming my daycare Dilley Beans Daycare My name is Natalie in real life
Reply
jenboo 05:47 PM 10-15-2014
Screen name is what DH called me before we were dating but when he liked me (Jr year of highschool).
Daycare name is kaleidoscope kids home learning center. I didn't want cutesy. I picked home learning center because that is what I am. I run my daycare like a center but from my home.
We call it kkids for short and my Facebook URL is Facebook.com/kkidslearning
Reply
jenboo 05:51 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
My screen nAme I chose because that's who I am "aunt Tami" lol. My DBA name is "little sprouts childcare" I wanted something to incorporate the fact that we grow a lot of the food we eat here so it made sense! Sprouts=vegetables/gardening. I considered "tiny humans daycare" but my BF didn't like that. I thought it was funny.
Are you the little sprouts I like on fb??? Who ever is little sprouts on fb I freaking love your set up and activities!!!
Reply
Cradle2crayons 05:51 PM 10-15-2014
Gee I'm feeling original... NOT lol

Hmmm well obviously my screen name is my business name.

I chose it because I generally get them very young and keep them through preschool... Hence cradle to crayons hah
Reply
AuntTami 06:39 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Are you the little sprouts I like on fb??? Who ever is little sprouts on fb I freaking love your set up and activities!!!
If i say yes does that mean I'm part of the "cool crowd"? lol. In reality, I am not that daycare as I don't have a FB page for my daycare.

Cradle2crayons- I personally love your name, I think it's really clever.
Reply
NightOwl 06:54 PM 10-15-2014
I'm not sure why I chose Wednesday. I like names that are unique, like a day of the week or a month of the year. I know someone named August and someone else named Tuesdy. There is no "a" in Tuesdy on purpose.

My business name is Owl's Nest Nursery & Preschool. The Owl is a memorial for a baby who passed away of SIDS. He was Native American and mom told me that owls are the protectors of spirits. I liked Nest because it signified a nurturing, safe environment that children will eventually leave when they outgrow it. I used Nursery & Preschool to indicate that i only take children under school age. I never get calls for school age kids.
Reply
Cradle2crayons 07:00 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
If i say yes does that mean I'm part of the "cool crowd"? lol. In reality, I am not that daycare as I don't have a FB page for my daycare.

Cradle2crayons- I personally love your name, I think it's really clever.
Well THANKS!!!
Reply
Unregistered 07:01 PM 10-15-2014
I am Mother's Choice Preschool
I am very particular about cleanliness, organic cooking,individual attention, education, fun activities and such so if I were to pick a daycare it would be like mine so that's how I came up with my business name
I think I remember another thread about this
Reply
Butter Biskets 07:15 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
How did you all come up with your business names and screen names?

I am curious. My favorite screen names are CrazyDaycareLady, Dilley Beans & Monkey Toes?

When I first came to this site I just knew NannyDe’s first name was Deanne or Denise. I figured she was or use to be a nanny. A year later I learned her name is not Deanne or Denise...
My daycare is just called *****'s Dayhome, but whenever I am talking to my kids I always say "Let's go Monkey Toes!" I want to change my dayhome name to Monkey Toes Dayhome, but I have already had window signs made with the other name. lol. So that will have to wait.

Thank you btw for liking my screen name!! I just had it changed to that last week.
Reply
Controlled Chaos 07:35 PM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
My first child care name was Amy's A+ Child Care because the first children I had enrolled were Andy, Amalia, Autumn, A.J. April, and Katie (she was the "plus").

When we moved to Appleton I had a list of names to choose from and DH said "Amy & Kids Co." I liked it because it started with A (alphabetical advantage) and described what I'm about - me and the kids.

Since then I've learned that "kids" is a naughty 4-letter word in early childhood (they're children, not baby goats, dontcha know ) It's too late to change it, but I personally don't freak out about kids/children unless I'm trying to be ultra-professional.
I like your name. I think it sounds professional
Reply
DaveA 05:29 AM 10-16-2014
Guess I'm unimaginative. Mine's just my name & my dba is just my last name + Family Child Care. I originally wanted to do "Dave's Daycare" but the person from the local R&R talked me out of it- said it would be a problem with marketing my business.

Love all the backstories to these names!
Reply
coolconfidentme 06:30 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I wanted to name my business Snot ‘R’ Us.
I LOVE THIS!!!

My screen name is what people say about me...., I'm confident. My g'son says I'm the coolest mimi out there. Ive got him fooled!

On a side note, my friends all call me sly. I think I did something shady when I was 12 & it stuck.
Reply
KidGrind 06:34 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I LOVE THIS!!!

My screen name is what people say about me...., I'm confident. My g'son says I'm the coolest mimi out there. Ive got him fooled!

On a side note, my friends all call me sly. I think I did something shady when I was 12 & it stuck.
You and I seem to be the only ones. I thought it was a humorous spin.

I like Sly. I am wondering what you did!
Reply
coolconfidentme 07:31 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You and I seem to be the only ones. I thought it was a humorous spin.

I like Sly. I am wondering what you did!
Only friends know for sure, lol. It's even on my FB. My daycare life is much different than my real life. Mary Poppins doesn't live here.
Reply
Controlled Chaos 08:41 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I'm not sure why I chose Wednesday. I like names that are unique, like a day of the week or a month of the year. I know someone named August and someone else named Tuesdy. There is no "a" in Tuesdy on purpose.

My business name is Owl's Nest Nursery & Preschool. The Owl is a memorial for a baby who passed away of SIDS. He was Native American and mom told me that owls are the protectors of spirits. I liked Nest because it signified a nurturing, safe environment that children will eventually leave when they outgrow it. I used Nursery & Preschool to indicate that i only take children under school age. I never get calls for school age kids.
I think your day care name is lovely.

And your screen name always makes me think of the Adam's family
Reply
Controlled Chaos 08:48 AM 10-16-2014
My screen name is sort of the story of my life

My daycare name is what I have always called the children I care for "little friends"
Reply
NightOwl 10:09 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I think your day care name is lovely.

And your screen name always makes me think of the Adam's family
Thank you! And it makes me think of their Wednesday too. I had a jet black cocker spaniel named Wednesday also.

I love your screen name. It reminds me of my own life story.
Reply
Country Kids 11:09 AM 10-16-2014
My screen name-I love the Country and seeing kids out in it! Dirt, nature, fields, forests, hiking, you get the picture.

I love the Amish and but live close to an earthy town and love that lifestyle also. My niece always called me an Amish Hippie. Should have used that!

Three of my children have Star Trek Caracters as their names. One a first name, one a middle name (first name is after a famous person that is unique) and the third ones full name. Our oldest I always say was during our western motife era, my husband finally fessed up-it was a character on Bay Watch-

My fourth child we did have Maximus Meridius (SP) picked out but I thought what a mouthful. He know thinks it would have been cool-hind sight is 20/20.

I have changed my childcares name once from the original to what it was originally. When I was trying to pick my name out the first time my oldest who was three at the time suggested Snake Daycare, my husband suggested Klingon Daycare. Neither one won the vote-
Reply
melilley 11:24 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Only friends know for sure, lol. It's even on my FB. My daycare life is much different than my real life. Mary Poppins doesn't live here.
Lol, it's funny that you say this. I always tell people that my daycare life is not the same as my after daycare life. A few weeks ago, I met my neighbor's gf and found out she has a daycare too. We were hanging out down there and we were talking about how people may perceive us, and that we are like that during dc, but after, we're not so goody goody. I'm not saying I go all out crazy after hours because I do have kids, but I'm not as you say "Mary Poppins" either.
Reply
coolconfidentme 02:49 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Lol, it's funny that you say this. I always tell people that my daycare life is not the same as my after daycare life. A few weeks ago, I met my neighbor's gf and found out she has a daycare too. We were hanging out down there and we were talking about how people may perceive us, and that we are like that during dc, but after, we're not so goody goody. I'm not saying I go all out crazy after hours because I do have kids, but I'm not as you say "Mary Poppins" either.
A DCM asked me what I do away from DC, I told her on the weekends we hang out with our friends the Millers. I never mentioned it was Miller Lite!
Reply
MotherNature 03:02 PM 10-17-2014
Name & business name are the same b/c I cater more to crunchy type parents...
Reply
KidGrind 06:17 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Name & business name are the same b/c I cater more to crunchy type parents...
I do not cater to crunchy type parents. Even so they always find me and enroll. I think it’s a conspiracy to convert me.
Reply
Tags:business name, names, screen name
Reply Up