Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You So Much For Your Wisdom!
dolores 07:01 AM 07-17-2020
A BIG THANK YOU for sharing how you have been operating your business during the pandemic. You have been so helpful and a huge resource in these scary times!
We closed in March and finally reopened last Monday. So far so good. Kids are happy to be back and playing together, overwhelmed parents are relieved for the break from their kids, and my assistant and I are less anxious than initially. Fingers crossed things continue to go well.
Parents stay on porch, we do daily screening which includes temp checks, and my assistant and I wear masks all day, kids don't- DOH requirements. We removed hard-to-clean toys and materials, cleaning/sanitizing/disinfecting have increased throughout the day and we use a fogger to disinfect entire classroom after closing.
Thank you so much for helping me in taking this step. You rock !
Reply
Michael 01:13 PM 07-17-2020
I’m gathering you are speaking to the daily members of this forum. I’ll thank you for your kind words. This forum has been maintained since 2009 and while Google doesn’t rank us as high as they use to (not smartphone ready), we are still making waves. Just today we had a post from 2012 get a response.

I’ve tried several times to upgrade the program to look more 2.0 but the database is so large, with great information, the new program won’t handle it. At least the forum works as well as when I first installed it. I am member #1 and there are over 10,000 members that have signed up over the years. BlackCat is our “greatest” member but there are a few others that have been here for years that are just as important to our Daycare.com family. I thank them.
Reply
e.j. 01:46 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
and we use a fogger to disinfect entire classroom after closing.
Hi Dolores, would you mind telling me more about the fogger? I'm curious to know what brand you use, what you like about it, what you don't like about it, how easy it is to use and if it leaves any kind of residue on the floor/carpets or toys? I'll be reopening in 2 weeks and am a little nervous about it. Just wondering if a fogger would be worth investing in.
Reply
PB&J 06:23 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
Iím gathering you are speaking to the daily members of this forum. Iíll thank you for your kind words. This forum has been maintained since 2009 and while Google doesnít rank us as high as they use to (not smartphone ready), we are still making waves. Just today we had a post from 2012 get a response.

Iíve tried several times to upgrade the program to look more 2.0 but the database is so large with great information, the new program wonít handle it. At least the forum works as well as when I first installed it. I am member #1 and there are over 10,000 members that have signed up over the years. BlackCat is our ďgreatestĒ member but there are a few others that have been here for years that are just as important to our Daycare.com family. I thank them.
OMG thank you so much Michael and Blackcat and catherder and meeko and laundrymom and marinavanessa and and and...Actually everyone who has taken the time to chime in and share their experiences. This site has expanded my views on daycare so much itís crazy!! Thank You for being the voice of reason and contrary opinion that made me see events from another perspective.
Reply
dolores 12:58 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
Iím gathering you are speaking to the daily members of this forum. Iíll thank you for your kind words. This forum has been maintained since 2009 and while Google doesnít rank us as high as they use to (not smartphone ready), we are still making waves. Just today we had a post from 2012 get a response.

Iíve tried several times to upgrade the program to look more 2.0 but the database is so large, with great information, the new program wonít handle it. At least the forum works as well as when I first installed it. I am member #1 and there are over 10,000 members that have signed up over the years. BlackCat is our ďgreatestĒ member but there are a few others that have been here for years that are just as important to our Daycare.com family. I thank them.
Yes Michael- specifically the daily members of this forum like you, BlackCat, Cat Herder and everyone really. The information shared here is relatable, relevant, resourceful and supportive to our profession.
A 2.0 version with a smartphone app would be cool if you can pull it off but the content, as it is, is priceless and like you said, it works !
Reply
dolores 01:31 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Hi Dolores, would you mind telling me more about the fogger? I'm curious to know what brand you use, what you like about it, what you don't like about it, how easy it is to use and if it leaves any kind of residue on the floor/carpets or toys? I'll be reopening in 2 weeks and am a little nervous about it. Just wondering if a fogger would be worth investing in.
Fogger machines are hard to come by and costly now because of demand. We found an affordable one on Amazon-link is below. Very easy to use and provides thorough application in a short space of time. Just pour in disinfectant, turn on and liquid is converted into a fine mist that lands on everything in the room. We use Vital Oxide which is daycare/preschool safe (toys, furniture, carpet, cots, tables/chairs...everything), does not need to be rinsed off, and no residue. I guess that depends on the solution used. Good luck with your reopening!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply
e.j. 04:58 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
Fogger machines are hard to come by and costly now because of demand. We found an affordable one on Amazon-link is below. Very easy to use and provides thorough application in a short space of time. Just pour in disinfectant, turn on and liquid is converted into a fine mist that lands on everything in the room. We use Vital Oxide which is daycare/preschool safe (toys, furniture, carpet, cots, tables/chairs...everything), does not need to be rinsed off, and no residue. I guess that depends on the solution used. Good luck with your reopening!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you!
Reply
Cat Herder 05:41 AM 07-20-2020
I ordered a fogger from amazon as well. It was under $100 but I am still waiting on it. Fingers crossed. I like the idea of getting rid of aerosol sprays and not having to wear my hands out using a mister in the future.

It is really nice to feel appreciated. Thank you! The truth is I get much more from this forum than I get. Thank you, all....
Reply
Tags:covid-19 and daycare, sanitizing, sanitizing fogger
Reply Up