Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Wash a Stroller
Oneluckymom 10:57 AM 09-27-2012
Has anyone ever washed a stroller. My double stroller is about a year old and looks pretty bad do to past spills and leaking bottles etc.

Have any of you tried washing one or taking the fabric part off to wash it. I don't even know if it's possible to do that.

By the way, how come nobody designs a stroller with this in mind?? Can you just hose it down?
dave4him 11:00 AM 09-27-2012
We took ours to the car wash and set the sprayer on it just like we would wash the mats of the car, worked great
sharlan 11:22 AM 09-27-2012
I spray mine with 409 or something like that, then take the garden hose with a high pressure sprayer to it.
Luna 11:28 AM 09-27-2012
Every stroller I have had has come apart so I can put the fabric in the washing machine but some of them have been a bear to put back together. I would take a picture before taking it apart, it might help when reassembling.
Willow 11:55 AM 09-27-2012
I heard once that Fels-Naptha soap was great for removing some pretty heavy duty stains so I bought a bar for the purpose of cleaning up my pnp's and stroller.

I sprayed them all down with the garden hose outside, scrubbed the fabric directly with the bar itself and then rinsed it all off. Every stain came right out. Magic Erasers work great for the plastic/metal too

My nice graco stroller was from 2003 when my daughter was born and after two kids, a bunch of foster babies and a pile of daycare kids using it it came out looking almost brand new!
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 09-27-2012
I use carpet cleaner product on it. I usually buy the stuff made for furniture too.

I then use my hand held attachment that came with my carpet shampooer and clean the stroller that way.

Same as I would my sofa or upholstered chairs.

Otherwise, I guess I would simply hose it off and leave it in the sunshine to dry.
renodeb 07:17 AM 09-28-2012
Thats the way I do it. I just treat it like Im washing a car, my triple stroller needs a wash badly, just havent made my self do it. I think there are parts you can unsnap but for the most part I just use the hose and a soapy bucket of water. Where I live we have a dry climate so it dries pretty fast.
Debbie
Oneluckymom 07:48 AM 09-28-2012
Thanks everyone. This is my weekend project to get this done!
Tags:cleaning, cleaning - stroller, stroller
Reply Up