Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Detail/Spring cleaning- How to?
jojosmommy 11:25 AM 04-03-2013
I am feeling like a crazy person lately with my cleaning rotations and was wondering if this is just from being stuck in this house so long or if its typical from living here 5 years or if it's out of control.

Last week and this week I have embarked on some serious spring cleaning. I am already a very neat/organized person and feel like with daycare all I do is clean up. But since that simply isnt enough, I have:

Gone through both kids wardrobes- purged the too small and donated and stocked up for spring and summer. Shoes, clothes, rain gear, swim suits the whole shebang done ().
Re arranged the basement toys and furniture for a change of pace.
Wiped down my baseboards.
Cleaned the top of my refrigerator.
Detail cleaned our bathroom grout in shower, and shower doors.
Washed both shower curtains and rehung.
Took off all window curtains, washed, and re hung.
Detail cleaned all the kids chairs, highchairs etc.
Gone through and purged toys, donated what we have excess of, tossed the broken ones.
Set up two boxes for keepsakes for each kid. One for treasures (bracelets from hospital, Christening outfits, etc) and One for self selected pictures/projects.
Wiped down kitchen from top to bottom (degreased the walls and popcorn ceiling- YUCK).
Dusted all wood trim.
Took down old photos and switched for updated new ones of kiddos-both mine and daycare.
Reorganized art supplies for daycare.
Cleaned fridge top to bottom.

Some of these jobs I do monthly (like fridge) and some twice yearly (like curtains etc). I feel like I am on cleaning overload but I feel like its justified because we have lived here 5 years and some of these jobs need to be done!

How do you manage all these jobs? Seems like daycare causes me to have more filth/dust/dirt and therefore more jobs like these. Am I out of line? Is this the normal household maintence cleaning? or have I lost it LOL!
rmc20021 12:12 PM 04-03-2013
My biggest problem is I don't have time to do the deep cleaning and organizing which I'm used to doing frequently, during daycare hours and by the time the kids leave, it's too late.

Weekends, I just want to relax or have fun...NOT CLEAN. So, I'm not getting nearly as much done as I have in the past.

Years ago when I started daycare the first time, my thoughts were...oh good, now I'll be home all day and can clean more. Yeah, right!!!!

This time around with having daycare, I was thinking it was just me getting older, being depressed, winter blues as to the reason I haven't been getting anything done. I JUST NOW remembered years ago how I'd thought it would be an easy way to keep up on my house...and obviously I'd forgotten what I learned so long ago.

With that being said...now I don't have to feel 'old', or 'depressed' or 'winter blues'...this is all normal, and I'm not crazy afterall. YAY!!!! Learned something about myself today.

Think I'll go celebrate by cleaning out my flower garden while the kids are napping.
ksmith 01:12 PM 04-03-2013
I created a cleaning schedule. It really helps me manage to do a few things a day to keep the house cleaned, without feeling overwhelmed. I have a few things I have to do daily and the rest I cycle throughout the week. I also add in on big chore once a week, so most big stuff stays done on a regular basis.
Reply Up