Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Lowest Of Lows Right Now

(Logged out to post this.)

SA boy tried getting off the bus & go home. I directed him inside & where he became rude & disrespectful. He is very negative, I hate this & that type of kid. I advised DCKís BF at pick up. SA boy doesnít return with siblings & day 3 I asked DCM. She said he was uncomfortable coming because I was in his face & she questioned the others who agreed. I told the 12 yr old boy his actions are the cause of his current situation & changing his behavior will change him coming to DC at his age.

Previously DCM told me that he canít ride regular bus for pulling a makeshift knife on his little brother. I donít bring my dog to DC anymore because I fear he may do something to him. Anyway, DCM says she is putting in her two week notice for all kids now. I was always preparing term papers.

In the meantime she is a tenant of mine & I was back/forth about evicting them over the holidays, for failure to pay rent. NOW her 4 yr old told me their house is cold all the time & they canít get the vents to make warm air. He also said mom goes to sleep & doesnít make them dinner most days. I call the gas company & found out she never turned it on!!!! I informed my licensing consultant of everything & she advised me to file a complaint for child endangerment. I did & filed court eviction papers as well.

Iím now the Grinch That Stole Christmas; I also flushed Thanksgiving down the toilet for them too.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

You did the right thing. The time of the year is not your fault.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

What a horrible situation to be in all around. I'm sorry you are going through this right now.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

You did the right thing. If anything you are their Christmas angel and now they can be where they are being taken care of!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

I agree, you did the right thing. The family either needs help and won't ask for it or the mom just doesn't care. Either way, now the kids will hopefully be fed and be somewhere with heat.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Blossoms Blooming

I.would avoid having tenants as clients of your daycare in the future. Sorry you had to go through this.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
I.would avoid having tenants as clients of your daycare in the future. Sorry you had to go through this.
I have to agree with this one.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I have to agree with this one.
It isn't what I normally would do, but she was living with her brother after a divorce & was she in a pinch. I wrote a 6 month contract. Newer in my wildest dreams did I ever see this drama coming down.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

you didn't cause her problems so its not your fault. She chose to be in that situation not you. What you are doing is a service for the kids, and this way mom will have to wake up and become a mom.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm sorry you are going through this right now. She has made choices. I hope everything works out for her children.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

If those poor children are living with no heat, no dinner and fear of their sibling who clearly has emotional issues, you are not the Grinch. You are the one that saved their Christmas, gave them a warm place to live and hopefully Foster parents that show them what caring for family looks like. So very sad what some children have to go threw

Tags
neglect, reporting, reporting - suspected abuse