Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Earrings in Daycare
Miss A 01:08 PM 09-23-2015
I have a DCG-2.5 who has been continually taking her earings out. I am so tired of this, as she takes them out and throws them, or sets them down and leaves them. DCM is aware of it, and has told me multiple times that she plans to purchase screw on earrings, but has yet to do so. Today, she did it again, and once again, one is lost. Am I too harsh to tell mom that DCG can no longer wear earrings in my care? I have a DCB-15Mo, and I am so worried that he will be the one to find the earring and choke. Have any of you ever dealt with this? I think DCG is trying to tell mom that she does not want to wear earrings anymore, but mom wants her to wear them so badly.
daycare 01:11 PM 09-23-2015
Sorry, it is a safety issue, I can no longer allow dcg to wear earings to school.

i have a dcg that wears the screw on type and the parents don't tighten them. so one fell out/ dcm calls me and asks me to search the entire house for it because it was a real diamond. WHAT who buys a two year old diamonds? I told her i would look around for it, but more than likely if it was lost here, the vacuum sucked it up.

I don't allow jewerly or hair accessories to be worn. to many safety issues for me to have to deal with.
Blackcat31 01:22 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
I have a DCG-2.5 who has been continually taking her earings out. I am so tired of this, as she takes them out and throws them, or sets them down and leaves them. DCM is aware of it, and has told me multiple times that she plans to purchase screw on earrings, but has yet to do so. Today, she did it again, and once again, one is lost. Am I too harsh to tell mom that DCG can no longer wear earrings in my care? I have a DCB-15Mo, and I am so worried that he will be the one to find the earring and choke. Have any of you ever dealt with this? I think DCG is trying to tell mom that she does not want to wear earrings anymore, but mom wants her to wear them so badly.
I allow earrings that have screw on backs ONLY.

I will check upon arrival and have NO issues having parents remove the earrings that don't meet safety rules.

There is NO such thing as too harsh when it comes to safety.
littletots 07:11 PM 09-23-2015
My license says no necklaces. Dcp know regs. 2yr dcg wears necklace every so often. I hold open backpack, dcg drops it inside as dcp signs her in. I.am.not.getting.write up.over.necklace.
nannyde 07:27 PM 09-23-2015
Remove them at arrival. Put them up and hand back to mom.

I have a no jewelry policy.
stephanie 09:17 PM 09-23-2015
No, that is not too harsh, the safety of all the children in your care comes first. Many daycares ban jewelry and barrettes for this exact reason.

Take earrings off at arrival and put them away or tell Mom no more earrings. If Mom wants dcg to wear earrings so badly, let her wear them with Mom and Mom only.
Reply Up