Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wall posters
Provider_Manda 07:14 AM 07-10-2015
My playroom is kinda small, and I have educational posters pretty much everywhere. Do you guys have educational posters up in your playroom? I'm a family child care so with it being in my home I try to keep most of it contained in one room. I'm just wondering if I should remove some posters to help with the clutter look.

Thanks, Manda
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:31 AM 07-10-2015
I have a hundred posters. I did take many of them down when it felt like too much. I store them behind the cubbies, and switch them out every few weeks. For me, it refreshes the room, and the kids get excited when they change.

I also laminated them. It was worth the cost. They will last forever, and look so nice!
jenboo 07:59 AM 07-10-2015
No posters for me. The kids would rather see their own work on the walls.
Unregistered 08:50 AM 07-10-2015
I have An abc poster in the circle time area along with a calendar and weather chart. I also have various abc charts and also change them out to make it interesting.

I do have some small rectangular shape and color posters from the dollar store. I have two dedicated child care rooms. In our dining area/multi use room I have a bulletin board type display of the Hungry Caterpillar-my favorite story.

If your room is small, I wouldn't over do it.

I also display lots of kid art!
AmyKidsCo 09:17 AM 07-10-2015
I got rid of visual clutter 2 summers ago and am SO glad I did! Now I have 1 poster, a bunch of laminated 8x10s of the children, and their family photos (laminated) at their level. Everything except the poster is hung on 3M poster hangers so the children can take them down and put them back as much as they want. I also have their art hung higher, so it won't get ruined. I'm still figuring out the best way to hang some at their level and safely.
childcaremom 09:31 AM 07-10-2015
I have art work and pictures of the children displayed.

By the preschool table I have some info-type hangings that I change out periodically. Right now I have colours up.

Our circle time wall has our circle songs displayed for children to choose the songs we would like to sing.

Our other wall is used for our theme. So we are doing a virtual trip across the country this summer. We have a map to track our progress, pictures of landmarks, etc.
Tags:clutter, posters, wall decor
Reply Up