Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Rhyme Rules .. Ideas Please!?

Okay i decided to make a classroom Chart to put in my room... I need some help the only thing i can think of that rhymes is "if you hit you must sit" what can i use for running, biting, sharing toys and being nice to friends... Any ideas?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Walking feet, or in your seat?

Think twice, be nice?

That's all I've got.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM

I think your are probably not going to find rhyming words for all of those so I, personally, would find a cute, catchy phrase or just one thing you just always say for each of those issues/topics and just use it frequently enough that it sticks in their brains.....kwim?

For example, I say " We have rules to keep us safe." a bajillion times sometimes and if I even start to utter the word "rules" any daycare kid from anywhere within the house will suddenly say "TO KEEP US SAFE!!!"
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 AM
New Daycare.com Member

With the children I work with, my favorite is, "Please walk, don't run, falling is no/not fun."

Tags
charts, missouri