Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cozy Corner Canopy
theycallmetaytor 02:46 PM 01-23-2013
Thinking about putting one of these in our cozy corner...it has stuffed animals and all our books. What do you all think?

http://www.homemademamas.net/2009/07...anopy.html?m=1

melilley 02:53 PM 01-23-2013
I was just thinking about getting something like that. I didn't know that you can make them! I am not in any ways a crafty person, but this doesn't look too hard. I love it!
Crystal 02:56 PM 01-23-2013
I have had a brand new one sitting in the closet for over a year now.....I really need to get around to hanging it up!!! I think it's a cute idea, and if your group is "calm" enough it should last.....if you have a rowdy bunch, I wouldn't bother.
theycallmetaytor 02:59 PM 01-23-2013
There is one that I like better but can't share the photo from my phone. Lol.
kendallina 03:13 PM 01-23-2013
I had one when I worked in a classroom preschool setting and it was a disaster. It was too rowdy of a group and there would be several times throughout the day when a child would start wrapping themselves up around in it, then others would want to join in, it was madness. We took it down rather quickly and put up those IKEA leaves instead.

In my current, smaller, in-home group it might work, but I feel like I'd have to tell them not to play with it, which doesn't really work for me. So, I'd probably not do it. Sorry, I'm being a downer...lol.
melilley 03:14 PM 01-23-2013
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I had one when I worked in a classroom preschool setting and it was a disaster. It was too rowdy of a group and there would be several times throughout the day when a child would start wrapping themselves up around in it, then others would want to join in, it was madness. We took it down rather quickly and put up those IKEA leaves instead.

In my current, smaller, in-home group it might work, but I feel like I'd have to tell them not to play with it, which doesn't really work for me. So, I'd probably not do it. Sorry, I'm being a downer...lol.
I was wondering how it would work with the kids once you put it up. It does look fun to hang from....lol
theycallmetaytor 03:21 PM 01-23-2013
My group is really calm and they're all very well behaved. That's the only reason I'm even considering it.
Abigail 03:53 PM 01-23-2013
I have a calm group, but I'll always be getting more younger kids so I'm not going to be able to hang anything for the cozy corner. I'm thinking about hanging something sometime this summer when the sun is actually out to help make it cozy, but when I do I will make sure it's only hung from ceiling to about my shoulders so kids can't touch it.
kendallina 03:58 PM 01-23-2013
Originally Posted by theycallmetaytor:
My group is really calm and they're all very well behaved. That's the only reason I'm even considering it.
They'd probably be fine with it. And yes, it's sooo cozy looking. I would love to snuggle up in there with a book.
theycallmetaytor 06:38 PM 01-23-2013
Originally Posted by kendallina:
They'd probably be fine with it. And yes, it's sooo cozy looking. I would love to snuggle up in there with a book.
I actually have snuggled up in there with a book! Its super cozy! Its the corner where my couch and loveseat meet. I pulled the furniture far enough apart that the kids can get back there and chill if they want. Its an awesome use of awkward space!
nanglgrl 07:47 PM 01-23-2013
You could make your own with fabric and a hula hoop. easy peasy. Then you could pick whatever fabric you wanted!
theycallmetaytor 08:52 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
You could make your own with fabric and a hula hoop. easy peasy. Then you could pick whatever fabric you wanted!
Yes! The material they used is not something I would! Ii needs something brighter!
Tags:cozy corner
Reply Up