Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Claiming 100% for Stroller?
MNMum 07:55 AM 05-16-2012
Many of the items I purchase are T/S % due to my own 3 children using them. I am looking at buying an expensive double stroller, as I have 2 infants in the daycare this summer. My youngest own child is 2.5 years and will be walking, the babies will be in the stroller. Can I claim this at 100%?
momofboys 09:26 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
Many of the items I purchase are T/S % due to my own 3 children using them. I am looking at buying an expensive double stroller, as I have 2 infants in the daycare this summer. My youngest own child is 2.5 years and will be walking, the babies will be in the stroller. Can I claim this at 100%?
I wonder the same thing. This fall I will have an 18 month-old enrolled & then there is a chance I will add an infant in December. My youngest child is almost 5 so they wouldn't be using the stroller at all. It would be strictly for childcare purposes.
itlw8 09:37 AM 05-16-2012
100% business
MarinaVanessa 09:56 AM 05-16-2012
As long as your own child doesn't use the stroller ever then yes you can deduct it as 100% business. You probably have another single stroller somewhere so just in case you get audited you can prove that you have a stroller for your own child should you ever need to use one and that the double stroller is only for DC. Why-would-I-use-a-double-stroller-for-my-one child sort of thing KWIM
MNMum 11:25 AM 05-16-2012
Thanks! Now I just need to convince my husband it is a necessary business expense...
Reply Up