Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Talking Funny & Naughty &#%$! Baby Talk

My 17mo dcg says "Oh S***!" lol. It took me awhile to catch on to it because she says it so funny but now it is pretty clear that's what she's saying. Her mom knows and was apologetic but I just laughed and told her since I speak German I've been trying to redirect her to say "Oh, Sheiss!" instead.

My other 21mo dcg says "Oh, P*ss!" and well, I try not to giggle because, again, the way she says it is SO DANG CUUUUUUTE! (she also calls our goat "goat-en" and her boots "boot-en" -- she is such a doll!). I haven't found a proper alternative yet for that one (in German it sounds too similar, just add an "e" to it haha) but I'll think of one.

Anyone else have potty-mouth babies????
Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

This past summer my group and I were at the zoo. We came to a spot with a hot springs (I have no idea why it's at the zoo but it's there) display and my precious just turned 3 yo dcg says "it looks like dog s***!" I had to ask her what she said just so that I wasn't hearing things. She said the same thing. I was like, "um you mean dog poop?" She said yes. Guess what mom and dad must say at home?!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Oh yeah. One of my favorite dcg, who is now 7, had the worst potty mouth as a toddler. Mainly because her mother did Her favorite phrase was 'WTF?'

Thank God THAT phase didn't last long! I'm still friends with mom and we chuckle about that every now and again.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

just last week we were reading one of our all time favorites "NO DAVID"

In the book there is a picture of david with a bar of soap in his mouth and he is sitting in time out. The words read, well daddy says it.

One of my DCG says I think he must have soap in his mouth because he said
$hit and Bi$ch, those are really bad words....

My eyes got sooooo big and I did not say a word, turned the page and kept on reading. DCG got up and started walking out of the room towards the front of the house. I asked wehre are you going, she said time out....

LOL.... I just let her go....
Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMom View Post
Her favorite phrase was 'WTF?'
When my own boys were pre-teens they would say "what the?" and then soon tried using "what the fuuuu.." without finishing the last word.

They learned very quickly that didn't go over well with me.

Kids!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Licensed Daycare Provider

Oh I remember this!!!

My ds about 20 months wasnt a talker and could only say momma and dada.
A car pulled out in front of my husband and husband says " oh s*#t" proceeded by a little " oh s*&t" from the backseat

I was so proud and embarrased at the same time!! His first real words!!

Then my first dcb at 2.5 was saying "dang it" all the time.
His parents who are British told me we know he heard it at your house cuz its an American expression...I was horrified and cleaned up my mouth....they thought it was hilarious!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post

In the book there is a picture of david with a bar of soap in his mouth and he is sitting in time out. The words read, well daddy says it.

My eyes got sooooo big and I did not say a word, turned the page and kept on reading. DCG got up and started walking out of the room towards the front of the house. I asked wehre are you going, she said time out....

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 PM

My new favorite thread!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Well! She certainly knows what is and what is not acceptable! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM

With our oldest it was always shoooie... but somehow poopoo is the favorite word
Acts 13:22
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspollywog View Post
When my own boys were pre-teens they would say "what the?" and then soon tried using "what the fuuuu.." without finishing the last word.

They learned very quickly that didn't go over well with me.

Kids!
lol miine tried that too. They tried what the.......... and I said " in the world" are you doing? They didin't say it around me again....
Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
Oh I remember this!!!

My ds about 20 months wasnt a talker and could only say momma and dada.
A car pulled out in front of my husband and husband says " oh s*#t" proceeded by a little " oh s*&t" from the backseat

I was so proud and embarrased at the same time!! His first real words!!

Then my first dcb at 2.5 was saying "dang it" all the time.
His parents who are British told me we know he heard it at your house cuz its an American expression...I was horrified and cleaned up my mouth....they thought it was hilarious!!
lol.....I said ohhhh popsicles one time and a kid went home and told their parent I was talking about testacles at daycare...
Old 10-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
lol.....I said ohhhh popsicles one time and a kid went home and told their parent I was talking about testacles at daycare...
Oh yes testacles! Such a fun word!!

My daughter used to call the escalator the testalater!!!

And YELL it everytime we saw one.." Look mommy the testalator, the testalater!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Shut the front door, is a new favorite of my almost 3 year old boy. But there is a pause. like this.

Shut the f......ront door.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:14 PM

One of my dcbs has been saying truck with an "F" lately...and believe you me we talk about trucks a LOT around here.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrugrats View Post
Shut the front door, is a new favorite of my almost 3 year old boy. But there is a pause. like this.

Shut the f......ront door.
Little bugger!

Maybe we should all collaborate on a book here, each of us could submit a story of potty-mouthed babes haha!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
One of my dcbs has been saying truck with an "F" lately...and believe you me we talk about trucks a LOT around here.
Heheheheheeeee. It is SO HARD not to laugh when they do it, too. Gosh this job is fun sometimes.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM

A child gave me the finger the other day...it was in the parking lot and im not sure he knew what he was doing... but most likely he got it from his parent
Acts 13:22
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4him View Post
A child gave me the finger the other day...it was in the parking lot and im not sure he knew what he was doing... but most likely he got it from his parent
lol that is funny....NOt really but sounds funny

makes me think about a story with my oldest who is now 15

When he was 5 in kindergarten, one of the kids told him to filp off the teacher. Well he did and was sent to the office....

Mommy gets a phone call and I have to come down to the school. I was crying before I even got there, becasue never in amillion years did I want to think that my child did something wrong.

When I get there he just burst into tears and comes running to me. I asked what happend and the asst. principal tells me, well he gave the teacher the middle finger. I looked at my son with shocked eyes and he scream crys " Mommy, I didn't know I had a middle finger, I didnt, Ididnt" lol BOth the principal and I could not hold back the giggles... I think he was trying to tell us that he didnt know what the middle finger meant.

It was only the 2nd day of school.... So after a long talk with the teacher and the other boy, he was sent back to class and thankfully has never been back to the office again since then....
Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a dcb who a 16 month who says F*** instead of Fart. Mom now has him say Toots.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Last year we were at church and my son was being very rotten that day so he got a spanking in the nursery. Well when we were walking up to sunday school he said "dad took me in that playroom and busted my @ss!" LOL so glad that we went to church that day. He learned such a nice lesson! My husband really heard it from me on "language" when we got home that day!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
New Daycare.com Member

One of my littles last year couldn't say goldfish..it came out bullsh**!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thank goodness my husband and I have don't have "potty mouths"! I have really had to control myself with some of the stupid things I have done to myself, such as nearly breaking my toe

However, funny story but not really...my neighbor really has a potty mouth. He likes to work in his garage and one morning when I was in the front yard gardening with my kiddos he apparently dropped something...it sounded really heavy too. Next thing I know he says OOOUUUCCCHHH !! and starts cursing at the thing using every word in the book. Yeah, he was mad. I would be too.

I didn't have time to cover my kids ears
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

I haven't had the intentional potty mouth from the kids. Just the by accident. Once kid couldn't say cracker, it would start with an F....and rhymed with trucker. LOL. My dh would ask this dck to say "cracker" all the time...hilarious.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:08 PM

When my dd was three she was sent up to her room for something she wasn't suppose to do. I checked on her in a few minutes and she is crying "My mom's a B!#(%" over and over again. I calmly went in and told her that she could not say that word till she was an adult. Next I checked she was wailing "My mom is mean".
Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've had a few kids who have used language they shouldn't have:

My 2 yr old niece drew a colorful picture one day. I asked her to tell me about it. She told me, "Auntie, it's a f***in'!"
Me: It's a what?!
Niece: It's a f***in'!
Me: I'm sorry; I didn't understand what you said. It's a what?
Niece: It's a f***in'!
Me: It's a pumpkin???
Niece: No, it's a f***in'!
Me: It's a f***in'?"
Niece: Yeah! It's a f***in'!
Me: Oh. Can't wait for you to show Daddy your picture tonight at pick-up.

Then there was the 4 year old who was in the bathroom and obviously struggling with a little constipation.
I was out in the kitchen making a snack for the kids and could hear him grunting and groaning. All of a sudden I heard, "Jes*s Crow! That hurt!" then "I'm done! Can you wipe me?" I couldn't help him right away....I was doubled up in the kitchen, laughing so hard I was crying.

I had a 3 year olds who loved coming to my house and was usually very well behaved. Any time I had to correct her behavior, I could tell she felt embarrassed, like she was afraid she had let me down. Unfortunately, she would sometimes say, "Je**s Ch***t!" when she got upset about something. The first couple of times, I calmly told her that we don't say that here at day care and please don't use that word again. She'd apologize and it would be awhile before I'd hear it again. Quite some time passed since the last time I had heard her use it but one afternoon, while I was making lunch, I heard her say it again. I went into the playroom and said, "K******! What have I told you about saying that at day care?! She blushed, apologized to me and then quickly said, "I meant the baby.... in the manger! Really!" And nodding as if to convince herself, "I did!...Really, I did!"

There was also another 4 year old who liked to throw the crab apples that had fallen onto the driveway at the trunk of the tree to see if he could hit it. He missed once and said, "Oh, cucka poo-poo!" My son (a teenager at the time) thought it was hilarious. I guess it was better than some of the other words he could have used instead.

Tags
cute, funny, inappropriate talk, potty mouth