Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Will The Shut Down Affect The Food Program??

Does anyone know if the government shutdown will affect the food program?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids View Post
Does anyone know if the government shutdown will affect the food program?
So far no. The food program is federally funded but the money has already been set aside (or basically already approved) to be paid out to agencies.

My food program agency sent an e-mail to ALL providers stating the above information. They did note however that if the government remains shut down for longer than 30 days, payments could be delayed. If the government remains out of order for more than 60 days, then your reimbursement checks/deposits could be halted.

My agency said they will keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Good to know. I called my agency this morning and no answer hope they call back soon to clarify everything.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
So far no. The food program is federally funded but the money has already been set aside (or basically already approved) to be paid out to agencies.

My food program agency sent an e-mail to ALL providers stating the above information. They did note however that if the government remains shut down for longer than 30 days, payments could be delayed. If the government remains out of order for more than 60 days, then your reimbursement checks/deposits could be halted.

My agency said they will keep us posted.
Wow! Your agency is very organized! - to already have everyone informed. I haven't heard a peep from ours.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Wow! Your agency is very organized! - to already have everyone informed. I haven't heard a peep from ours.
Ours either!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Mine called and said they were informed this morning that they are funded through October anything after that they dont know. They also said it looks like they will most likely lower the standard meal allowance when all is done but she hopes not
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Family Childcare Provider

I talked to mine this morning too on an unrelated issue and asked while I had her on the phone and she said no, it wouldn't effect us until after their fiscal year anyway which is October. Last year our Dec payment (for Oct) was about 2wks late which SUCKED since it was Dec and all! But this year I'll be more prepared in case it happens.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

From what I am getting it depends on your sponsor and how they run their program. I was told by my sponsor this morning that it shouldn't affect your payments for Septembers meals because it is the old fiscal year and the money has already been approved. But it also will depend on whether your state has gotten the money from the feds yet and if they didn't, whether the person on the fed level has been furloughed or not. If it lasts more than a few weeks, then all bets are off for the payments for October's meals.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Food Program participants:

We have received information from the US Dept. of Agriculture that there are sufficient funds to cover your Food Program payments through October 31, 2013. If a federal shutdown does occur and causes a problem with future payments, we will keep you updated in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.[/b]

The above is the email I got.

Just speculation but I'm thinking this is going to go on longer than just into October. Obama is incredibly stubborn and the House and Senate have the heels dug in DEEP.

I would absolutely make a plan B just in case.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Tom wrote an article on the subject this morning. I just posted a link it is waiting approval from the mods.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Food Program and shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
Tom wrote an article on the subject this morning. I just posted a link it is waiting approval from the mods.
Here's my article: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2013/...d-program.html
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have gotten my funds for the month of September and I got an email today from my sponsor saying that if the shutdown hasn't ended by this time next month, the sponsors will not be receiving any funds.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

We don't typically get our funds until around the 10th of the month for the meals from the previous month so it will be another week or so before we would get them. We are all wondering here because now that state has started furlouging employees including those from the DHHS. So whether the funds are there or not won't matter if there is no one to send them to the sponsors.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams2008 View Post
I have gotten my funds for the month of September and I got an email today from my sponsor saying that if the shutdown hasn't ended by this time next month, the sponsors will not be receiving any funds.
Wow! that is great that they paid out so fast....

Our agency is great but there is no way they could even process all the claims for September yet...

We usually get payment between the 15th and the 20th of the month.

Claims "appear" as processed sometime after the 10th.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Wow! that is great that they paid out so fast....

Our agency is great but there is no way they could even process all the claims for September yet...

We usually get payment between the 15th and the 20th of the month.

Claims "appear" as processed sometime after the 10th.
We have to submit our menus in weekly, so maybe that has something to do with how quickly they pay out.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Yeah we get paid for August in October so it will be October's payment in Dec that will be screwed up (again) if it does trickle down.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, the trickle down effect of this shut down is crazy. My family receives close to $2000 a month in Veteran benefits and CACFP money. We are good through October, but after that things will get sticky.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post
Hey Tom,
I was wondering if you could do me a favor. More like permission for something. I messaged you, thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 AM

My food program payment went through today and on the email it said Aug & Sept should be on time but Oct will probably be delayed so be prepared. So yeah, the payment in Dec will be late!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

This months is very late because of it
Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Daycare.com Member

We didn't notice it here. We always submit by the first of the next month and get paid at the end of that month. I submitted Octobers on November 1st and will get my check sometime within the next week, I'd usually have it by now but with Thanksgiving things usually take a few extra days.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanglgrl View Post
We didn't notice it here. We always submit by the first of the next month and get paid at the end of that month. I submitted Octobers on November 1st and will get my check sometime within the next week, I'd usually have it by now but with Thanksgiving things usually take a few extra days.
I don't get my Oct payment until Dec and they warned us it would be delayed because of the shut down and the fact that it's their funding year end or something. I didn't get last Dec's pmt until mid-Dec so I bet this will be close to then as well. Probably get it the week before Christmas.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Our said it would be effect us at all... We usually get paid by the 21 for the the month oct in nov nov in dec and so forth. They are thinking next week.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
Our said it would be effect us at all... We usually get paid by the 21 for the the month oct in nov nov in dec and so forth. They are thinking next week.
Ours wasn't effected at all either. I received my reimbursement for October a few weeks ago and will receive November reimbursement sometime around the 10-15th of December.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Our food program just posted on fb and said the funds were released today and depending on our banks processes we should get it today or Friday. So yay

Tags
food program questions, government subsidies