Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Providers Appreciation Day!!!!!
Unregistered 09:38 AM 05-07-2010
I feel fortunate and really thankful to the parents that truly do appreciate all I do for them. About 1/3 of them do remember this day or at least mothers day and bring in some sort of small gift or card.... Do you think that the other parents that walk in on this day totally empty handed, not even a card of kind words feel bad????? Especially when they do see the other gifts and cards, and flowers??
I try to be a thoughtful person, on the holidays we always make things for the parents etc...
On mothers day I at least at the minimum get a card for the moms, a few that I know are going to give back I may get a small gift/ gift card to show that I appreciate them also.
Myself I would feel terrible walking in to a child care providers home empty handed...but thats just me. My thought process is like this, I give a waitress or a coffee barista a bigger tip for waiting on me for 5 mintues or 1 hr, more appreciation then sometime I think we get....
Do we just have a thankless job? or are we rewarded in other ways... hmmm food for thought.

We are truly moms to many!!!!!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 12:00 PM 05-07-2010
I have today off work, took my camper up to the campground, and a dc mom waited for me to come home, brought me my fav drink, balloons and a wonderful card.. Im blessed.
originalkat 06:49 AM 05-09-2010
I dont think my parents know anything about Provider Appreciation Day. But I dont think it is appropriate for me to go around announcing it, do you? I did have one parent bring me flowers and a card for Mother's Day though. It was very thoughtful and made my day!
momma2girls 11:49 AM 05-09-2010
I thought about putting on my activity calendar, but I thought it was to awkward so I didn't. LOL!!!!!
melskids 12:34 PM 05-09-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I thought about putting on my activity calendar, but I thought it was to awkward so I didn't. LOL!!!!!
me too...lol
Carole's Daycare 07:50 PM 05-09-2010
I have never in 8 years received a gift for Providers Appreciation Day. Usually I have 1 or 2 of my families that remember me at Christmas. This year I received a card & gift bag with some cute /thoughtful gifts from one of my Mom's on Friday for Mothers Day. I guess to hint would feel rude... It was pretty special and made me feel appreciated more when I did receive a gift, but I try not to feel dissappointed when they don't.
hawkfan428 04:56 AM 05-10-2010
I work at a center and we had a few parent's think of us. I think the sweetest thing was one of the parent's got my coworker and I flowers. It had a Mother's Day card attached and said, "Thank you for taking care of me and being my substitute mommies." Love (DKB name here) It was adorable.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:35 AM 05-10-2010
I myself never even knew there was such a day until now that I'm registered I received something in the mail stating so.

I just know if I am appreciated by the parents..you can tell those that do appreciate you and those that don't seem to care. Right now I have 3 families and all I know appreciate me and I don't need a gift for that. They are all wonderful.
mismatchedsocks 05:57 AM 05-10-2010
I did not know this was a day until last year, I do not think any parents know that either. I would feel awkward telling them, but may put it in the newsletter next year. I do not expect anything from them, but maybe a thank you once in a while.
originalkat 06:03 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I did not know this was a day until last year, I do not think any parents know that either. I would feel awkward telling them, but may put it in the newsletter next year. I do not expect anything from them, but maybe a thank you once in a while.
I suppose I could put it in the Newsletter and call it National Provider Appreciation Day. Since I usually list all the other special days, I dont think the parents would think anything if I put that one in as well. Who knows, they might appreciate knowing.
momma2girls 07:51 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by hawkfan428:
I work at a center and we had a few parent's think of us. I think the sweetest thing was one of the parent's got my coworker and I flowers. It had a Mother's Day card attached and said, "Thank you for taking care of me and being my substitute mommies." Love (DKB name here) It was adorable.
How cute is that!!!
momma2girls 07:53 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I feel the same way, I do not need a gift, but it sure is grateful to receive a nice card, telling you what a great job you do, etc. Even at XMas- I don't expect anything, but it sure is nice, to even receive a card. I have families that didn't even acknowledge the gifts that I give to their children, the christmas party we have here. I can't believe some parents didn't even say thank you for your gifts you gave their children.
momma2girls 07:56 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I suppose I could put it in the Newsletter and call it National Provider Appreciation Day. Since I usually list all the other special days, I dont think the parents would think anything if I put that one in as well. Who knows, they might appreciate knowing.
I agree, I put Teacher's Appreciation week on my activity calendar for all my teacher's families that I have. I always give a nice gift for my daughter's teacher and tell her how my daughter just loves her!! They are always so appreciative for the gift and nice card.
JJPlaycare 10:32 AM 05-10-2010
One of my DKG's walked in this am with a gift bag in hand, mom said give that to Ms. Megan it is for her, I opened it up and it is a little baby food jar filled with bath salts, it is covered with cute fabric tied around the top with a ribbon, attached is a little piece of paper that reads:
Here's a gift for Mother's Day.
I'll try my best in every way.
But if you get upset with me......
Relax and soak!! Don't you agree?

Love, DKG's name

They also gave me a homemade card that says:
Thanks for always being my second mommy and helping me grow learn and just be me!! : )

What a great gift that totally warmed my heart! They do CARE, 1 is better than none right! What a fabulous Monday!! : )
momma2girls 04:04 PM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by JJPlaycare:
One of my DKG's walked in this am with a gift bag in hand, mom said give that to Ms. Megan it is for her, I opened it up and it is a little baby food jar filled with bath salts, it is covered with cute fabric tied around the top with a ribbon, attached is a little piece of paper that reads:
Here's a gift for Mother's Day.
I'll try my best in every way.
But if you get upset with me......
Relax and soak!! Don't you agree?

Love, DKG's name

They also gave me a homemade card that says:
Thanks for always being my second mommy and helping me grow learn and just be me!! : )

What a great gift that totally warmed my heart! They do CARE, 1 is better than none right! What a fabulous Monday!! : )
How awesome is that!!!!
Tags:appreciation
Reply Up