Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recommend Your Vacuum Cleaner!
newtodaycare22 09:28 AM 02-09-2011
Anyone love their vaccum cleaner (preferably someone who didn't spend a billion dollars on it)??

When I was cleaning last night, one of the major pieces of rubber decided to burn off my vaccum. The house smelt like burnt popcorn-completely lovely right before bed.

Anyway, any suggestions? I'll be going out shopping tonight. Thanks!
momofboys 09:35 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Anyone love their vaccum cleaner (preferably someone who didn't spend a billion dollars on it)??

When I was cleaning last night, one of the major pieces of rubber decided to burn off my vaccum. The house smelt like burnt popcorn-completely lovely right before bed.

Anyway, any suggestions? I'll be going out shopping tonight. Thanks!

I was just researching the same thing & have a strict budget of no more than $125 or so to spend. Lots of people told me Dysons but they are too expensive for me. I did see very good reviews online for the Hoover Windtunnel (I think that is the name). . . on Amazon it had a lot of reviews & had an average of a 4 star review. . . it's about $120 unless you can find it on sale. Another friend of mine recommended a Eureka brand that had the words pet eraser or something like that in the title. Hope this helps. . . we currently have a Bissell & it was a cheapie & sweeps like it too. I would not recommend it.
Cat Herder 09:38 AM 02-09-2011
I love my shark navigator!! Typically under $200 with shipping.
nikia 09:40 AM 02-09-2011
I have a dyson and I love love love it. I saw some at target on sale that was a few weeks ago though so I'm not sure if there are any sales on them now at target or not.
Little People 09:50 AM 02-09-2011
I bought a Dyson just last Sunday! We have a Sears that is going out of business and I got the dyson animal vac for $499 and I was so excited! I don't have amimals (well a hairless cat) but i did research and they are the best! I have been wanting one for a year! I used my old Hoover (it was the top of the line 2 years ago) then I went over the entire house and the Dyson got even more . I love it! The suction is awsome!
AnythingsPossible 10:23 AM 02-09-2011
I recently bought a Hoover Wind Tunnel Series T with attachements for pet hair. I paid less then 100.00 for it at WalMart. I can't comment on the longevity of it, as I just bought it, but it picks up well. I went over my floor with my old vacuum, then used my new one and it picked up more stuff, so I think that's good.
E Daycare 10:24 AM 02-09-2011
Vacuum? Meh! Remember I have a dck that chews on everything right? I just let her go to town. By Friday my floors are good to go!
laundrymom 10:32 AM 02-09-2011
I swear by simplicity.
momofsix 11:06 AM 02-09-2011
I have a Kenmore Progressive froom sears. It is the most expensive vac i've ever bought though. It has bags, whick I love, I did the bagless for a while and think it's such a mess to empty them. This one is also beltless-no more broken, stinky belts! I love it!
Lilbutterflie 11:06 AM 02-09-2011
We have a Eureka Whirlwind. It's one of the only things my DH and I purchased when we got married almost 8 years ago that still works!! We have such terrible luck with appliances and such. It has never needed anything! It works great, and I think we paid just over $100 for it 8 years ago.
Blackcat31 11:07 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I have a Kenmore Progressive froom sears. It is the most expensive vac i've ever bought though. It has bags, whick I love, I did the bagless for a while and think it's such a mess to empty them. This one is also beltless-no more broken, stinky belts! I love it!
Me too! and I love it for the same reasons!
dEHmom 11:10 AM 02-09-2011
Ok I got a really expensive vacuum.

Tristar Vacuum. But I love it! It only cost 36/mth for like 3 yrs lol.
cillybean83 11:20 AM 02-09-2011
i have a bissell pet hair eraser...my dogs don't shed but there is something about the pet hair vacuums that work better than regular ones...it sucks up everything and once I sucked up something I shouldn't have...and it was a breeze to take it apart, remove the offending object, and put it back together

I got it at best buy for $119 (on sale from $150), I've had it 2 years and it works perfectly, and I vacuum a lot and i don't baby it, I vacuum up cereal, I sweep the floors then use the hose to suck up all the crap I swept...it's a tough one!
Abigail 12:03 PM 02-09-2011
Hoover WindTunnel Pet Rewind Upright Vacuum...it's on sale at Target this week too! It's $139, normally $159.....I swear I paid $127 though another time when it was on sale at Target. It works perfect for pet hair and it isn't too loud. The cord could be a little longer, but it's probably only 5 feet shorter than my old vacuum cleaner. It has an auto-rewind feature for the cord....not a big fan because it takes longer to pull out the cord so I already just wrap the cord around the handle. It's bagless. We registered for this for our wedding and it's my favorite thing...use it almost daily for my three cats! It picks up cat hair wonderful because the brushes are rubber.

http://www.target.com/Hoover-WindTun...n&frombrowse=0
Tags:2011, vaccum, vaccum cleaners, vacuum, vacuum cleaner
Reply Up