Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Offer it ? Yes or No
daycare 02:57 PM 11-06-2015
I have a new family starting the week of the 16th. they will only be attending two days, wednesday and Friday every week.

Well, the next week, we are closed for 3 days, 11/25-11/27 and will reopen on NOv. 30.

I thought about letting them not pay for that time that I will be closed, even though our polices says it is a paid closed holiday....

would you still make them pay for the closed days OR

would you make a one time exception?

HELP. I don't want to be too nice lol you know how that always ends up.
sharlan 03:05 PM 11-06-2015
I would ask them if they would like to start after Thanksgiving. If not, I wouldn't charge that week. BUT let them know it's a one time deal.
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 11-06-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I would ask them if they would like to start after Thanksgiving. If not, I wouldn't charge that week. BUT let them know it's a one time deal.

childcaremom 02:45 AM 11-07-2015
I will be the odd provider out and say I would still charge.

I have a potential family who is starting the week before Christmas holidays and I absolutely will be charging for my 3 full days I am closed and my 2 half days.

I might offer a later start date but that is as far as my flexibility would go.
DaveA 03:06 AM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Yeah- that's the route I would go as well.
spedmommy4 05:55 AM 11-07-2015
I am an odd man out on this one too. I have pushed a start out to one week after a holiday but I follow my policies. When a relationship with a client is new you don't know what type of parent they will be. I don't want to have the discussion later on about how I was okay with taking a hit to my income last time so I should be okay this time. In theory, the parent read your policies and already knows the holidays are paid. (And still signed &#128522
Tags:paid time off
Reply Up