Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

Angry Talking to parents

I work at a daycare and each time I try to talk to the parents about the child’s day my boss gets mad at me.
There’s one child who we are having to potty train and my boss has been making a big deal to make sure she doesn’t have any accidents. Well lately when I try to take her to go potty she’s been throwing fits and it’s been super difficult to take her to go potty. So I went to go talk to the mom and ask her if there’s anything I could implement at the daycare to help her go to the potty more and not through a tantrum each time I have to take her. And after I did that my boss literally yelled me afterwards said why did I tell her about that stuff she doesn’t care and doesn’t want to hear about it. My boss then preceded to ask an aide who is only with the child for about 2 hours if the child is having “aggression” issues (which I never said that) and then says that I’m lying to parents and to not let me take kids to parents anymore when I’m the lead. My boss then goes to another lead teacher and says if my kids parents are there for her to bring them to the parents. And then I said something to my boss and asked why she won’t let me take my kids to the parents anymore. And she said because I talk too much and because I tell the parents things about the child’s day that they don’t want to hear, in her words the parents don’t want to know everything about the child’s day.
But get this the teacher who is taking my kids to their parents now all she does is sit there and talk to the parents into another parent comes but I’m the one to get in trouble? It makes no sense.
I’m so frustrated I don’t know what to do. Am I in the wrong for asking advice from the parents and telling the parents about the child’s day?
Old 04-16-2021, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I work at a center as well and I don't think your wrong in asking the parents what you could do to help their child. I think it's great that you ask for help. As far as your boss yelling at you, that's totally inappropriate and rude. Sounds like she needs to find another job!
Old 04-16-2021, 10:38 AM
Childcare Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwax View Post
I work at a daycare and each time I try to talk to the parents about the child’s day my boss gets mad at me.
There’s one child who we are having to potty train and my boss has been making a big deal to make sure she doesn’t have any accidents. Well lately when I try to take her to go potty she’s been throwing fits and it’s been super difficult to take her to go potty. So I went to go talk to the mom and ask her if there’s anything I could implement at the daycare to help her go to the potty more and not through a tantrum each time I have to take her. And after I did that my boss literally yelled me afterwards said why did I tell her about that stuff she doesn’t care and doesn’t want to hear about it. My boss then preceded to ask an aide who is only with the child for about 2 hours if the child is having “aggression” issues (which I never said that) and then says that I’m lying to parents and to not let me take kids to parents anymore when I’m the lead. My boss then goes to another lead teacher and says if my kids parents are there for her to bring them to the parents. And then I said something to my boss and asked why she won’t let me take my kids to the parents anymore. And she said because I talk too much and because I tell the parents things about the child’s day that they don’t want to hear, in her words the parents don’t want to know everything about the child’s day.
But get this the teacher who is taking my kids to their parents now all she does is sit there and talk to the parents into another parent comes but I’m the one to get in trouble? It makes no sense.
I’m so frustrated I don’t know what to do. Am I in the wrong for asking advice from the parents and telling the parents about the child’s day?
First of all potty training is not something that should be forced on a child, or the caregivers, and second your boss is disrespectful and out of line...I would totally quit that job!
Old 04-16-2021, 11:09 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You need to start interviewing for a better job. Yesterday.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

@cat herder: i agree!!! Wonder what else happens when the parents aren't there

Tags
center workers