Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Divorcing Parents
tenderhearts 04:23 PM 11-10-2010
Ok a little while ago I asked a question about one of my families that are divorcing and what should be said between the two since she is the only one that signed the contract. Well mom gave me a two week notice because she's claiming he isn't paying her any child support (which she said he's suppose to be paying so much per month then they a child support hearing in february which will determine I guess more detail), so anyways she says she doesn't want her to leave and is trying really hard to hopefully not let friday be the last day or she said hopefully she'll return soon providing I have an opening. SO my question is today was dad's day to pick up and the dcg told her dad that she wasn't coming here anymore but she wants to come here still every day, dad said what do you mean you're not coming anymore? I didn't say anything but would it be wrong for me to say, friday is her last day and she will be missed greatly by all of us to him????? Mom claims he knows this, so without obviously giving details of why mom says she wont be here is that ok??? I mean I don't want to just not say anything to dad he'll think I'm rude right for not saying bye to him or nice knowing you something?????? divorces geeez, maybe mom has something up her sleeve
missnikki 05:09 PM 11-10-2010
I would. A change in schedule like THAT- involves him immensely and since you are in the middle, you could offer him to continue the care at full price with his signature on a contract. Sort of a contract transfer, if you will. That's the extent of how involved I would be.
No, scratch that- I would term mom if she let me tell him. That is asinine.
tenderhearts 05:14 PM 11-10-2010
Sorry I didn't get the end of what you said. So tomorrow morning is the last time i'll see him (unless mom decides later to bring her back) should I just say something like "well I guess today is the last I'll be seeing of you, I wanted you to know she is going to be missed greatly and hope she will be able to return in the future". Does that sound ok??????
Mom just told me before not to tell him anything, not about this but not to tell him things because of the times he asked what time mom was dropping off in the mornings cuz he felt her schedule was messed up.
missnikki 06:24 AM 11-11-2010
I guess I wasn't making sense

The last thing I said was something along the lines of being really mad at the mom for putting me in the middle of all that drama.
What time the kid was dropped off/ picked up- that's between them. Giving notice...THAT'S not going to be kept a secret...sheesh...I would say what you had planned to say to the dad, and if he acts like he is hearing it for the first time from you, I would be livid at mom! It's not his fault, it's hers. I guess there's not much that can be done, I just hope that doesn't happen.
tenderhearts 06:54 AM 11-11-2010
That's ok, it was late I probablly just didn't get it. I thought about that maybe she hasn't told him like she said but I think that would be stupid of her to assume he wouldn't find out. Unless she thinks oh I told her not to discuss anything with him so she finds this under those lines but I didn't say anything their daughter told him at pick up that she wants to come here every day and it's not fair it will be her last. Neither parents says anything about the other or about whats going on other than she told me he's known to lie and she told me this when she asked me not to discuss anything with him.
Thanks
laundrymom 09:36 AM 11-11-2010
I would tell dad,.. if not he will show up monday to get her!
tenderhearts 10:48 AM 11-11-2010
Well dad only has her on wednesday nights and every other weekend at this point, I guess until their whole divorce, custody stuff is determined. So when he dropped off I said well I guess this will be the last I see you, I wanted you to know that she will be greatly missed by all of us ect ect, he looked more stupid than anything and he kind of mumbled, uh oh she wont be here, hmm oh yea ok I guess that makes sense since her mom is here, free care I guess. Grandma is only visiting, she lives in another state, so maybe she's right, he isn't paying her. I don't know none of my business but just sucks I need to advertise AGAIN, and I finally was full.:
Tags:divorce
Reply Up