Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad...Wow, Sign Me Up
AfterSchoolMom 05:30 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by :
HI, I'M LOOKING FOR A CARING AND REASONABLE DAY CARE FOR MY CHILDREN. SO FAR I'VE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH HOME CHILDCARE BUT WILL NOT LET OTHERS LACK OF EXPERIENCE DISCOURAGE ME FROM TRYING THIS WEBSITE OUT AGAIN. I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL FEED AND NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT CHILDREN BEING CHILDREN. I DONT MIND DISCIPLINE BUT PLEASE DONT ALLOW YOUR ANIMALS IF YOU HAVE THEM STRATCH MY CHILDREN AND OTHER CHILDREN FIGHT FOR FUN. I MENTION THIS BECAUSE OF MY EXPERIENCE. MY CHILDREN WAS UNHAPPY AND ALWAYS SAYING MOMMY I'M STARVING. HOW CAN THEY BE WHEN I PAY SO MUCH FOR SERVICES. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT I NEED. I RATHER TALK ONE ON ONE. SO FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME. By the way my hours are M-F 11:00a-8:00p four children and hoping for an inexpensive deal.
I bolded the pertinent information...

Whomever is contacting this person will have to get in line behind me!
Lilbutterflie 05:37 AM 12-08-2011
Yup, good luck to her. This provider must have inexpensive services, offer after hours care, not have any animals, and never complain about her children's behavior. Not even sure how to react to "my child always says he's starving" comment.
AfterSchoolMom 06:45 AM 12-08-2011
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone not to let their animals scratch the children...but the overall attitude of this post was what got me.

This, folks, is the attitude of a parent who will definitely want "special" and not want to pay for it.
cheerfuldom 06:59 AM 12-08-2011
I wouldn't be surprised if her kids were provoking the animals or if she was supposed to provide food and was not sending enough with her kids....there is always two sides to the story. The fact that she rudely puts in her requests with a note that she needs inexpensive sort of shoots herself in the foot.
wdmmom 07:24 AM 12-08-2011
Someday parents will realize that CHEAP isn't QUALITY!
Small Town Provider 07:45 AM 12-08-2011
oh and don't forget she prefers to talk one on one so feel free to email her..huh? lol
Zoe 08:10 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Small Town Provider:
oh and don't forget she prefers to talk one on one so feel free to email her..huh? lol
Yeah that was my reaction. Maybe it was a typo and she really meant to NOT email her. IDK. I didn't like the attitude she was putting out there. Good luck lady!
meganlavonnesmommy 09:14 AM 12-08-2011
Yeah, I have one in my group that is "always starving" too. But not cause I dont offer great food, but because she is picky and chooses to not eat anything.
Today was

Breakfast:
homemade buttermilk biscuits with jam
turkey sausage
clementine oranges
Milk

Lunch:
Swedish meatballs
egg noodles
corn on the cob
grapes
milk

Snack:
french bread pizza with cheese
tomato sauce dip
juice

She ate one bit of the biscuit at breakfast, the grapes with lunch, and the juice at snack.

This is typical of her days, she just doenst like anything. Not my fault she is hungry.

Love that ad by the way, sure makes me want to call her!
Breezy 09:32 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
Yeah, I have one in my group that is "always starving" too. But not cause I dont offer great food, but because she is picky and chooses to not eat anything.
Today was

Breakfast:
homemade buttermilk biscuits with jam
turkey sausage
clementine oranges
Milk

Lunch:
Swedish meatballs
egg noodles
corn on the cob
grapes
milk

Snack:
french bread pizza with cheese
tomato sauce dip
juice

She ate one bit of the biscuit at breakfast, the grapes with lunch, and the juice at snack.

This is typical of her days, she just doenst like anything. Not my fault she is hungry.

Love that ad by the way, sure makes me want to call her!
Mmmm ill be over tomorrow for breakfast!!!!!
Cat Herder 10:05 AM 12-08-2011
Red Flags on the play!!!!

4 kids.
Eating issues.
Behavior issues.
After hours care.
Negative parental attitude.
Wants cheap.
Thinks cheap is too much.

Yeah, I'd have to say I'll pass.

Word of advice.... NEVER angry advertise. It is as classy as Drunk Dialing your ex.
Michelle 10:14 AM 12-08-2011
Kids are "starving" at the end of the day because we refuse to give them fast food like they are used to! Most of the time the kids will hold out because they know mom will just take them to the golden arches after work.
Hunni Bee 03:11 PM 12-08-2011
Let's translate, shall we.

I'm looking for someone who will feed my child and not complain about children being children.
I'm looking for someone who will allow my child to snack all day on foods of his/her choice, and not complain about their behavior problems.

How can they be (starving) when I pay so much for services?
My money should ensure that I dont have to make dinner.

hoping for an inexpensive deal.
Hoping I can pay full price for the first kid and get extreme discounts on the other three.

Sounds great.
youretooloud 08:52 PM 12-08-2011
FOUR kids???????

FOUR?

She wants those hours with someone who just happens to have FOUR openings all at once? In December no less.
Tags:red flag, unreasonable parental expectations
Reply Up