Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With a Name
284878 08:14 AM 07-03-2014
I need help with a name. I have some ideas that I list below but open for other ideas. I like the names but I do not love any of them.
I also do not want one that is too popular.

little bugs
TLCare
VIP care
VIP Kids
Lil Tots
Lil Tykes or Little Tykes
Rainbow Care
Creative kids
Lil Lambs
Rubber Ducky
Itsy Bitsy
CedarCreek 08:19 AM 07-03-2014
Is there a certain theme that you want to go for?

I like all of the names but I'm not sure which one to pick either. What's your daycare like? Are you taking all ages? Christian based?
jenboo 08:33 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by 284878:
I need help with a name. I have some ideas that I list below but open for other ideas. I like the names but I do not love any of them.

little bugs
TLCare
VIP care
VIP Kids
Lil Tots
Rainbow Care
Creative kids
Lil Lambs
Rubber Ducky
Itsy Bitsy
Out of all of these, I would only pick creative kids but that's a more popular name in my area. I personally like more professional names vs cutesy.

Do you plan on putting something after the name like home daycare or family childcare or learning academy or something?
284878 08:35 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Is there a certain theme that you want to go for?

I like all of the names but I'm not sure which one to pick either. What's your daycare like? Are you taking all ages? Christian based?
Good questions. I have not open yet, orientation is next week so I am preparing the ad.

Not sure on the theme, normal it would be easier to decide. I at first was going to use "Kid Kare" but I not liking the misspelling. I have a picture of a sunny day with a rainbow and playground that I would like to use. I do not have set age group since I am on a road with more than one school district, I thought I may attract school age kids and younger siblings. I am a Christian, however I am not set on using that in the name.
284878 08:38 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Out of all of these, I would only pick creative kids but that's a more popular name in my area. I personally like more professional names vs cutesy.

Do you plan on putting something after the name like home daycare or family childcare or learning academy or something?
Thanks

I was kind of thinking of the name like a first name and adding day care or child care .... or what ever flowed best with it.
MissAnn 09:33 AM 07-03-2014

little bugs
TLCare
VIP care
VIP Kids
Lil Tots
Rainbow Care
Creative kids
Lil Lambs
Rubber Ducky
Itsy Bitsy
Preschool! Childcare? Learning Center? If you want SA I would not go too cutsie. I think I'd go with Creative Kids Preschool. If you are also taking babies maybe Creative Kids Learning Center.
cheerfuldom 09:43 AM 07-03-2014

little bugs
TLCare
VIP care
VIP Kids
Lil Tots
Rainbow Care
Creative kids
Lil Lambs
Rubber Ducky
Itsy Bitsy
I don't like anything with "little" in the name because it is WAY over used. This will not set you apart in any way. To be honest, TLC and VIP are a little odd to me as well. Rubber Ducky and Itsy Bitsy are too cutesy for me but at least they dont have "little" in the title.

So that leaves Rainbow Care or Creative Kids. Both are these are a bit plain but still, less common. Do you provide a curriculum? You can add Learning Center, Academy, School or Play School to either Rainbow/Creative. Do you have anything else that sets you apart......for instance, if you do babies and toddlers only, you might Nursery School.
melilley 11:03 AM 07-03-2014
I'm just M's Family Childcare.

Once you pick a name, I think you have to make sure that no one else in your state has that same name and register it, or down the road you may have to change it. I could be wrong, but something to look into.

If I had to pick one of your choices, I would pick Creative Kids and put childcare or daycare or whatever after it.
CedarCreek 11:13 AM 07-03-2014
If you want to use the picture with the sunny day and the rainbow, you could go with Sunny Days Childcare.

Or if you want more professional, you could do like the others have said and just use your name with childcare on the end.
NightOwl 11:15 AM 07-03-2014
I'm sorry... I don't like any of them. I went for originality and it did take me about a month to come up with mine. I threw around things like an anagram of my own kids names, common childcare names in a different language, I loved the term play care even tho I didn't end up using that one. Maybe rainbow play care?
NightOwl 11:16 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
If you want to use the picture with the sunny day and the rainbow, you could go with Sunny Days Childcare.

Or if you want more professional, you could do like the others have said and just use your name with childcare on the end.
I was thinking something similar. Sunny day play care
284878 06:15 PM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I'm sorry... I don't like any of them. I went for originality and it did take me about a month to come up with mine. I threw around things like an anagram of my own kids names, common childcare names in a different language, I loved the term play care even tho I didn't end up using that one. Maybe rainbow play care?
Thank you, I am liking all the feedback I am getting. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I tend to like the originality too, I have been working on this for awhile also. I have tried the same things as Wednesday mentioned. I do also like the play care idea.
NightOwl 08:05 PM 07-03-2014
I had a running list. I wrote down the names of animals/flowers/concepts that I liked in one column (for me, it was owls, dragonflies, the earth/nature, anagrams of my own kids names), childcare terms in another (mine were play care, nursery, Preschool, day school), words that refer to children (like kinder) in another, etc. When I couldn't think of anything else to add, I started mashing up the columns to form different possibilities.
missy 09:32 PM 07-03-2014
Good questions. I have not open yet, orientation is next week so I am preparing the ad.

Not sure on the theme, normal it would be easier to decide. I at first was going to use "Kid Kare" but I not liking the misspelling. I have a picture of a sunny day with a rainbow and playground that I would like to use. I do not have set age group since I am on a road with more than one school district, I thought I may attract school age kids and younger siblings. I am a Christian, however I am not set on using that in the name.
Sunny Days -- there you go!
Sunny Days Learning Center, Child Care, Enrichment Center,
I kinda like:
The Sunny Days Academy, or
Sunny Days Creative Learning or something like that
284878 11:37 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I had a running list. I wrote down the names of animals/flowers/concepts that I liked in one column (for me, it was owls, dragonflies, the earth/nature, anagrams of my own kids names), childcare terms in another (mine were play care, nursery, Preschool, day school), words that refer to children (like kinder) in another, etc. When I couldn't think of anything else to add, I started mashing up the columns to form different possibilities.
Thank you, I will do that.

(Please note: I choose the picture for the rainbow and playground but thank you all for the sunny day idea)
Josiegirl 06:01 AM 07-06-2014
Inch by Inch Learning Playcare
On the Sunny Side Daycare
Leaps and Bounds
Fun in the Sun Playcare
missy 09:04 AM 07-06-2014
Sunny Side Up sounds cute I think (I can't help it but, I am still stuck on the "sunny" names lol)
CraftyMom 09:32 AM 07-06-2014
In my area anything with creative is common
Unregistered 11:16 AM 07-06-2014
Rainbow Days Playcare
CraftyMom 12:16 PM 07-06-2014
Over the Rainbow
Unregistered 01:27 PM 07-06-2014
Over the Rainbow Playcare
CedarCreek 07:35 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by missy:
Sunny Side Up sounds cute I think (I can't help it but, I am still stuck on the "sunny" names lol)
That's freakin cute!
Laurel 10:39 AM 07-07-2014
I like someone's suggestion of Over the Rainbow. I like one in my area called Neighborhood Kids.

Laurel
Blackcat31 10:48 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Over the Rainbow Playcare
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I like someone's suggestion of Over the Rainbow. I like one in my area called Neighborhood Kids.

Laurel
My community is the birthplace of Judy Garland.

Almost ALL daycares in my area use some sort of play on rainbows.

It IS a cute idea though....if your area isn't already saturated with the name/theme.
Unregistered 11:28 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My community is the birthplace of Judy Garland.

Almost ALL daycares in my area use some sort of play on rainbows.

It IS a cute idea though....if your area isn't already saturated with the name/theme.
I have a HUGE rainbow painted on one wall, had it for years and years. I think sometimes parents think I am gay which is fine. But I'm not. But for a lot of years I had lots of gay parents
melilley 11:58 AM 07-07-2014
I just saw the name "Tiny Treasures", I think that's cute!
MotherNature 12:06 PM 07-07-2014
Sorry..not a fan of any of the original list. The word lil makes my skin crawl and is extremely common. Sunny Days is cute and not too juvenile.
Tags:daycare name
Reply Up