Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycares And Dealing With Inspectors
Babybear911 12:56 PM 08-25-2017
So need to vent. Had inspectors come during quiet time for my annual inspection. They woke up all 6 babies and didn't seem to care that they did. Stayed for 3 hours and found NOTHING out of order, as usual, and didn't even apologize for intrusion or issues waking babies. Has anyone else dealt this this before? Are they allowed to disrupt the house to do inspections??
Canada, BC
Cat Herder 01:25 PM 08-25-2017
I am in the US, and they come here, at nap time, every three months, for 1 to 5 hours. It is such a joy.

They like to see nap environment, safe sleep, linen clean-up routine, hand washing/potty/snack and how you handle stress. The hard-core ones like to hang out until the school bus drives past to make sure you are not hiding after schoolers from your paperwork.
sunlight 01:29 PM 08-25-2017
Does anyone know how to find a private Sanitarian for a home health dept. inspection? I am in the Portland Oregon area and have Googled every which way but can't come up with a few names or nada. I know my county health Dept. would come out but they are pretty backed up. Any and all help is appreciated!!Thanks!
Mom2Two 07:28 PM 08-26-2017
It happens to me too, and while they apologize and explain, it still happens. I can't even remember why. I think it's to make sure that the babies have a safe sleeping environment, for example, they still have to check for choking hazards in all rooms that the kids use or are in at the time.

But it sure bites when the kid is a stressful one and you lose that hour break or whatever.
laundrymom 06:07 AM 08-27-2017
I'm blessed. My current inspector I've had for about ten years. She comes after morning snack, stays long enough to do paperwork and rarely even bothers the kids except to see a fire drill. She's in and out in 30 min. I love her.
But she knows me. We have built up a trust. A working relationship where if I have an issue I text her to ask how to proceed. And if she has a concern she will text or email me.
After our recent tornados she called. Just to check on me. We have a nice support system here in central Indiana.
Tags:inspector, inspectors
Reply Up