Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mosquito Season
Brooksie 06:08 AM 04-27-2013
So here on the Eastern shore of MD we get hit with mosquitos like a plague. My yard is fairly moist and very shaded which is a BREEDING ground for these little suckers. Last year we couldn't go out and play for months on end because we would be swarmed (and yes I really mean SWARMED) with mosquitos. Does any one have suggestions on what you do to prevent this? I saw on pinterest that there are some plants that naturally ward them off but I don't know how well that will actually work and I hate dousing kids in bug spray 3 times a day and honestly it doesn't even work that well. What do you guys do to protect your kiddos from the dreaded blood suckers?
Sugar Magnolia 06:20 AM 04-27-2013
I use Avon Skin So Soft. May not be effective against "swarms" though.
Cradle2crayons 06:31 AM 04-27-2013
I use deep woods off 25% to 40%. When we lived with my dad ONLY the 40% worked but it works all day long no need to continually reapply. Here at this house 25% works just fine. If you are using less than 25% which is in the standard skeeter spray it isn't going to work.

Avon skin so soft and all the natural remedies in the world doesn't work at my house.
AfterSchoolMom 07:48 AM 04-27-2013
You can get a pest control company to come and do mosquito treatments on your yard. It won't completely prevent them, but it does help.
Reply Up