Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Exactly Does Care.Com Work?? Anyone Have Success With It??
Crazy8 05:51 AM 08-05-2013
Do parents have to pay to view a provider on there to contact one? It says free but I thought I heard people say they pay. Do they have to pay if they hire you? Can't quite figure it out from their site without going thru the whole set up a profile thing. I signed up once but it said it would not approve my profile - I think because I offered care in my home. But do they now offer a section for home daycare??

Just wondering if anyone uses it, how it works and if you've successfully gotten any clients from it.
craftymissbeth 08:33 AM 08-05-2013
I just went on to see what it would say for me and apparently home providers in Kansas can't use it because it's not a licensed referral agency.

Bummer, it seems like a great place to find clients.
Familycare71 09:02 AM 08-05-2013
I'm in NY and have a profile up. It was free for me and I think for parents too but I'm not 100% sure.
I haven't checked in a while but have emailed people looking for care without having to pay.
I'm not sure if I ever had a call from there- I don't ask where they found my info.
LaLa1923 09:07 AM 08-05-2013
I get calls/referrals from there all the time!! I definitely recommend!!!

All you have to do is set up your company profile and your in!!
DaisyMamma 01:45 PM 08-05-2013
There is a section where you can add your daycare for free.
You can also sign up as a nanny/babysitter/whatever, and then apply directly for jobs that people post.
The families pay a monthly or yearly rate to post jobs.
Lyss 05:00 PM 08-05-2013
I don't use it. When I did I never got any calls for daycare. I got one call total, for a one time drop in on a weekend evening (parents wanted a babysitter) which I don't do.

I know a few people that have had a hard time registering, their FCC profile doesn't get approved because they want them to pay? I never had to pay so maybe its their area or a new thing?
wahmof3 05:11 PM 08-05-2013
I completed a "free" listing last week and it doesn't come up when I search.

I thought I was doing something wrong, but I have looked over my account. The only thing I can think of is next to my name it says "upgrade". I am not in a financial situation where I can pay any amount right now.
Michelle 05:43 PM 08-05-2013
I have enrolled a lot of kids through care.com
You can be a daycare and get to be listed for free..
Although most people are looking for babysitters or nanny's..
I have my website on my profile and they love what they see and always enroll!
A website is the biggest help.
Care.com will give limited information and then if parents want to communicate with the provider... they have to pay . I think it's something like $30-$35 for a month of unlimited access.

It takes a lot of time but I have enrolled some of my best parents from this site.
Reply Up