Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Speechless
SSWonders 03:41 PM 07-30-2014
http://blog.petflow.com/help-stop-th...LVG5mViWvFM.01
NightOwl 04:21 PM 07-30-2014
I've seen this before. It looks like torture. And the dunking in the water.... What purpose do either of these things serve? WHAT health benefits?? Can't people hear the babies crying and losing their breath?
Angelsj 05:47 PM 07-30-2014
What are the benefits supposed to be here?
Unregistered 06:11 PM 07-30-2014
Wow....wouldn't the constant swinging around cause or at least mimic shaken baby syndrome?
daycare 06:19 PM 07-30-2014
I had to stop it about 10 seconds in.....horrific..........................
Unregistered 07:02 PM 07-30-2014
Crazy and very disturbing

Leaves you wondering how many babies have been injured, or maybe even killed by people attempting this.
BabyMonkeys 07:53 PM 07-30-2014
I would go to jail if I saw someone doing this to an infant
lynne 08:49 PM 07-30-2014
This needs to be stopped NOW!!! Did you see the look on that babies face?
daycarediva 03:48 AM 07-31-2014

there HAS to be injuries related to this! I don't/wont swing older kids around like that!!!!
daycarediva 03:49 AM 07-31-2014
it also looked nothing like yoga...???
DaveA 03:58 AM 07-31-2014
OH #@^% NO!!!

I don't even want to think what my reaction would be if I saw this happen.
Naptime yet? 05:31 AM 07-31-2014
I thought at first the baby was a doll.
hope 05:46 AM 07-31-2014
How did that not break the baby's bones? Arms and legs are not meant to be twisted like that! And the crying baby footage? If they are trying to convince people that this is good you would think they would have left that out
Unregistered 07:13 AM 07-31-2014
I stopped it too
realy bad for baby's arms and shoulders
I have a hard time watching parents let children walk up their legs and flip them
or just lifting by the arms
poor babies ...in the long run it is going to cause them problems
I cant believe this woman doing it doesn't know the issues to come of it
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 07-31-2014
I googled the "guru" who supposedly invented this "technique".

http://www.anorak.co.uk/273838/stran...arkovsky.html/

LOTS of info about it out there. Supposedly it's been something parents in some countries/regions have been doing for over 30 years.

There was even a site dedicated to Russian children who "survived" this... (odd way to phrase it but okay...)

While I would never toss a baby around like that and certainly never condone others who do, you gotta wonder why some people believe so deeply in such odd practices.

But then again, our perception of odd is obviously different than others.
JenNJ 08:05 AM 07-31-2014
I gasped out loud. I cannot believe this is something people presumably pay her to do to their children. That looks so painful to their joints! I can't imagine the constant tossing is good for developing brains either.
CedarCreek 08:12 AM 07-31-2014
I cant even watch that.

WTH?
Angelsj 11:04 AM 07-31-2014
Infants have died. I think I am going to be sick. An article about this method:
I particularly love this section:
Originally Posted by :
The deep immersions in ice water can be bolstered by dousings with pails of cold water. The emphasis is not on loving communication, but on endurance and tolerance of pain. Mothers spoil their children and don't know what's good for them, Charkovsky argues. Women must not be allowed to be responsible for developing their children's potential. The training of a "super baby" is based on breaking his will without yielding to his crying, and on cultivating discipline in the face of protests.

This is not Charkovsky's only comment concerning women's wimpiness. In the past he has defined women as "sheep who must obey their shepherds; women are incapable of thinking and do not want to understand anything." According to him, they "do not even know why they cannot grasp simple things, and this is why the man has to prepare everything for them in advance."

Reply Up