Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Suggestions?
nikia 10:45 AM 03-14-2011
I am closing in 3 weeks for good and would like to do something for the kids but also for the parents. Even though some parents have a pain my bum I still appreciate that they trusted me to bring their children to me. I love these kids and have a pretty good idea what I will do for the kids, but I wanted to do something for the parents too. Any ideas would be great
JenNJ 10:50 AM 03-14-2011
Maybe a bbq or picnic the Saturday before or after you close?
SandeeAR 10:51 AM 03-14-2011
Pizza party one night at closing time? Do a picnic on the floor type thing.
daycare 11:00 AM 03-14-2011
you are very sweet to want to do this. I love that you want to have everyone involved to say good-bye...........

I really like the BBQ idea or maybe even a potluck so you dont have to do all of the work yourself.

Maybe you can have the kids learn a good-bye song and they can sing it for all the parents....

I wish you luck with your new chosen path.
jen 11:25 AM 03-14-2011
A group photo of all the kids?

I think its really nice that you want to do something for your families. Whatever you chose, I'm sure that they will appreciate it.
AnythingsPossible 11:59 AM 03-14-2011
When i finally close up shop, I plan on having a party at a neighborhood park and renting a bouncy house for the kids and having a bbq for past and present families. Having a table out with pictures through the years for the parents to take if they want.
If you want to do something just for the parents, how about a final sleepover at your house for the kiddo's. I have 3 girls moving on to kindergarten this year and I am thinking of doing this with them at the end of the summer. You could do it on the last day you are open.
DCMomOf3 12:27 PM 03-14-2011
I too want to do something special when I close in 2 months, but i am losing half of my kids this Friday. I don't know what to do for THEM and then again in 2 months.
Candyland 12:31 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
you are very sweet to want to do this. I love that you want to have everyone involved to say good-bye...........

I really like the BBQ idea or maybe even a potluck so you dont have to do all of the work yourself.

Maybe you can have the kids learn a good-bye song and they can sing it for all the parents....

I wish you luck with your new chosen path.

I love Daycare's ideas; go for a potluck!
Kaddidle Care 12:43 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
I too want to do something special when I close in 2 months, but i am losing half of my kids this Friday. I don't know what to do for THEM and then again in 2 months.
Cupcakes = Party!
MyAngels 01:30 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
When i finally close up shop, I plan on having a party at a neighborhood park and renting a bouncy house for the kids and having a bbq for past and present families. Having a table out with pictures through the years for the parents to take if they want.
If you want to do something just for the parents, how about a final sleepover at your house for the kiddo's. I have 3 girls moving on to kindergarten this year and I am thinking of doing this with them at the end of the summer. You could do it on the last day you are open.
Your party idea sounds awesome! What a lot of fun it would be to see everyone from years past.
Tags:closing daycare, job change
Reply Up