Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rock Bottom & Shutting Down - Update
professionalmom 08:30 AM 07-26-2010
Well, I am officially closed. Right now I am staying with my parents for 10 days (getting R & R and letting my parents tend to DD) then I go back home for a week to attend court (against a former client - expecting a judgment in my favor to the tune of $1000 or more) and another OB visit, then back to mom and dad's for another 10 days. By then, my hubby should have most of our stuff moved. Good news, our morgage holder is helping us sell the house and will forgive the balance (if any, which I'm sure there will be). Then I can settle in for a couple years of being a stay-at-home mom and taking care of the twins girls and our first DD. It feels wierd not contributing financially, but the reduction in stress is amazing. I miss doing daycare already, but I do NOT miss the stress of never knowing whether I'm going to get a check or a sob story. God Bless all of you still doing one of the most thankless jobs in the world. Maybe someday I will return to "active" duty.
boysx5 09:10 AM 07-26-2010
hang in there and take the time you need I have taken a break from daycare and came back to again once all my boys were in school and its so much eaiser this way so take all the time you need with your babies and enjoy them
professionalmom 09:35 AM 07-26-2010
It's so funny not having "work". This is the first time in 20 years that I have been unemployed (other than law school, but that was my job at the time). I was crying to my husband about how "unproductive" I feel and he was so wonderful and said, "but honey, you ARE being productive. We have twins on the way and once they get here, you will have 2 infants and a toddler to take care of. That is more than enough WORK for anyone. Being a mom IS your job and you are the only one who can do this for them and for me." How awesome is he to be so supportive?! Finally! Someone who understands the value of motherhood! But he has also seen the evidence of the benefits of me being home, when he sees what a positive influence it has been on our DD. I don't think mothers (especially work-at-home moms or stay-at-home moms) get enough credit. And I detest the phrase "just a mom" or "just the babysitter". We're not "JUST" anything.

Oh, and I am off the meds to control contractions. I am only taking it "as needed" and have not needed it for a couple of days. So operation "stress reduction" seems to have helped.
tmcp2001 10:50 AM 07-26-2010
Aww!! Your hubby sounds SO sweet! What a lucky gal you are! I'm so glad to hear things are going better for you now - and he's right, you are doing enough work for one woman! Here's to a happy and healthy rest of your preganancy! Keep the baby updates coming!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:01 AM 07-26-2010
You are doing the best thing for yourself and your family right now...I have to say I am envious of you right now. I am at the point that I want to go back to being just me and my kids...too much drama with the girls going on right now and it's wearing on my nerves :-(

Enjoy your break and your kids...you may have a harder time financially, but there comes a time where you have to compromise things to do what is right for your family.
professionalmom 01:10 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by tmcp2001:
Aww!! Your hubby sounds SO sweet! What a lucky gal you are! I'm so glad to hear things are going better for you now - and he's right, you are doing enough work for one woman! Here's to a happy and healthy rest of your preganancy! Keep the baby updates coming!
He is absolutely great! But it wasn't always like that - it did take some training. Now that he sees the benefits of me being home with DD, he has NO intention of screwing THAT up. And now he's talking about getting me a bigger vehicle to fit our growing brood. I can't imagine getting 2 infant carriers and a toddler carseat in my sedan, so I just might let him splurge on me with that one. But I am starting to feel a little spoiled. But, hey, no one has ever paid for anything for me, so maybe this is my time. Plus, it's more for the kids than me. After all, I'd love to have a sports car, but I NEED an SUV for the kids.
Lilbutterflie 02:02 PM 07-26-2010
Even if it did take some training, he still sounds absolutely wonderful! You have a keeper! Thanks for updating us, have you had any more contractions or pains??
professionalmom 04:32 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Even if it did take some training, he still sounds absolutely wonderful! You have a keeper! Thanks for updating us, have you had any more contractions or pains??
Luckily, no more pain. A few contractions, but I have some pills to take for the contractions (as needed). The pain refused to let up even after Tylenol and Flexeril (muscle relaxer) that they gave me at the hospital so the next day my OB gave me Tylenol 3 and it only took 1 dose and I am now pain free for a week! I hate taking meds, especially during pregnancy, but nothing else was working.

Yeah, I think I'll keep my hubby. We've been through so much and this difficult time is really bringing us closer as a couple and as a family. Of course, like he said, we can't fight over money because we don't have any to fight over. Plus, we're too busy to argue. We just don't have the energy. So, when we get the chance, we crawl into bed and watch a movie while holding hands. Then I ususally fall asleep within 30 minutes! I love how tender he gets when I'm pregnant. Then again, during the morning sickness, he did look at me and say, "could you just stop being sick for ONE day!" So he has his moments too.
Tags:close daycare, closures, economy
Reply Up