Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would MMK Be Good For This????
Crazy8 07:17 PM 10-01-2012
I have a new computer I hate and it doesn't have excel so I am considering getting rid of some of my excel forms I use for the daycare and need an alternative.

I am not on any food program so never bothered with MMK. Would it be worth the cost to use it strictly as a means to provide monthly/annual statements to families on what they've paid for the year??

The thing I like about using excel spreadsheets is I can tweak it to show anything I want. I can add an extra day for a sibling right to the parents statement, I can make a note of when they used their free vacation week, etc. etc.

Does MMK provide you with all the forms you'd need to complete your taxes at the end of the year?? I use a bunch of excel forms now - parents annual statements, all my utility bill totals, number of kids per day/per meal to figure out my standard meal deduction, purchases/expenses, etc. Does MMK do all that??
daycare 07:32 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I have a new computer I hate and it doesn't have excel so I am considering getting rid of some of my excel forms I use for the daycare and need an alternative.

I am not on any food program so never bothered with MMK. Would it be worth the cost to use it strictly as a means to provide monthly/annual statements to families on what they've paid for the year??

The thing I like about using excel spreadsheets is I can tweak it to show anything I want. I can add an extra day for a sibling right to the parents statement, I can make a note of when they used their free vacation week, etc. etc.

Does MMK provide you with all the forms you'd need to complete your taxes at the end of the year?? I use a bunch of excel forms now - parents annual statements, all my utility bill totals, number of kids per day/per meal to figure out my standard meal deduction, purchases/expenses, etc. Does MMK do all that??
yes it does and I do belive that they offer you a free 30 day trial before having to purchase. My first few years in the biz I used to strictly for the same purposes that you did. It can even do more than what you have listed.
Cat Herder 08:41 AM 10-02-2012
I am not on the food program and use it for almost everything.

It has cut many hours out of my work week.
Crazy8 08:50 AM 10-02-2012
thanks! does anyone know if there are any discount codes for it?
Cat Herder 08:53 AM 10-02-2012
thanks! does anyone know if there are any discount codes for it?
I have had them for two years and have never received one.

But $69ish is not too bad for a year for everything it does.
Crazy8 08:56 AM 10-02-2012
and another question... is there any issue using this program on a mac???
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 10-02-2012
and another question... is there any issue using this program on a mac???
You can try it free for 30 days herehttp://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html

I have heard some people have issues using it on a Mac, buuuuuut that was some time ago so the bugs may have been worked out since then.

I would call their tech support line and talk with them. They are SUPER helpful and answer all your questions about Mac and everything in between.

I MMK and can't really see using anything else. You can also make certificates, charts and daily notes and schedules.

This is the only thing I could find about promo codes though...

http://promocodes2012.com/promo/minu...ro/promo-code/
Crazy8 09:05 AM 10-02-2012
never mind... think I answered my own question.... doesn't look like it works on a mac. I swear, I hate this darn computer - why I thought it was better than a PC is beyond me!!
Crazy8 09:09 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can try it free for 30 days herehttp://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html

I have heard some people have issues using it on a Mac, buuuuuut that was some time ago so the bugs may have been worked out since then.

I would call their tech support line and talk with them. They are SUPER helpful and answer all your questions about Mac and everything in between.

I MMK and can't really see using anything else. You can also make certificates, charts and daily notes and schedules.

This is the only thing I could find about promo codes though...

http://promocodes2012.com/promo/minu...ro/promo-code/
thanks! I just tried to download for the free trial but I can't open the download without windows. That's not just a bug - that's just plain incompatible. I will call though and see if they have a mac version - maybe its just not avail for free??? Weird since they have an app for the iphone/ipad. They must have a mac version!
Blackcat31 09:17 AM 10-02-2012
thanks! I just tried to download for the free trial but I can't open the download without windows. That's not just a bug - that's just plain incompatible. I will call though and see if they have a mac version - maybe its just not avail for free??? Weird since they have an app for the iphone/ipad. They must have a mac version!
Here is the users manual for MMK. Scroll down to page 7 and it says something there about using the software on an Apple Macintosh computer

Maybe that will help

http://www.minutemenukids.com/winui/manual.pdf
Crazy8 09:28 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here is the users manual for MMK. Scroll down to page 7 and it says something there about using the software on an Apple Macintosh computer

Maybe that will help

http://www.minutemenukids.com/winui/manual.pdf
found that too - what it basically says is you need to buy another program for $80 to be able to run a windows program (mmk) on your mac.

I am not spending $150 just to use mmk.
Blackcat31 09:32 AM 10-02-2012
Ugh, that is a drag!

Nice to know though because I have thought about getting a Macbook, but maybe not now. It is a shame that all software can't just automatically be converted for every one but I suppose that is how "they" make their money.

I have an i-phone and I know they make an app for MMK but I am not familiar with it and if or how it works but you'd think the software would be both Mac and PC friendly then.

Sorry, wish I had more or better advice.
Crazy8 09:48 AM 10-02-2012
thanks anyway BC!

I got the mac a few months ago after being a pc owner for many, many years and I just hate it!! Everyone said it was so great, I wanted it because I didn't want the big tower that you have with pc's and the all in one pc's don't get great reviews. Maybe its my age now, I'm turning into an old dog, LOL, but I just do not like the way you do things on a mac! I hate it and am really thinking of getting rid of it (which sucks since I spent $1200 on it less than 6 months ago!!).
Tags:mmk
Reply Up