Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>5 year Old With BO
Maggie 03:52 PM 10-27-2013
I've had this girl since she was 12 weeks old and though she's never been the cleanest kid this was bad! It smelled like someone cut an onion in half and rubbed it all over her. I thought I had smelled it on her a few days before but not like this. I know mom could smell her at pick up because she usually likes to hang around as long as I will allow her but this day she was in and out. This was Tuesday and she hasn't smelled like that since but this isn't normal right? I'm thinking mom might be putting deodorant on her which is ok I guess but should I suggest taking her to the doctor? 5 year olds shouldn't smell like that.
Michael 04:03 PM 10-27-2013
That sounds toxic. She is bathed and still has this odor or is she just being covered by her mother using deodorant?
Maggie 04:12 PM 10-27-2013
My guess is she is bathed every 3 or 4 days but at that age still shouldn't have that smell. I think mom is using a deodorant on her to try to help it but it cant be good for her.
Michael 04:38 PM 10-27-2013
A doctor's visit is in order. In my opinion I suggest she use an internal deodorant like Chlorophyll. A little bit in a glass of water everyday is very good. It cleans the blood and makes skin look healthier also. Been using it for 20 years.

Chlorophyll supports the natural blood-cleansing process. It is known to help cleanse the body and maintain the action of the circulatory, intestinal and female reproductive systems. Chlorophyll helps protect and support healthy cells and promotes the elimination of toxins from the body. In addition, chlorophyll helps neutralize normal body odors and acts as a natural, “internal” deodorant. It can also be useful in external applications and as a freshening gargle. Liquid Chlorophyll may help improve immune response.

http://www.iherb.com/DeSouza-Liquid-...z-473-ml/10225

Hunni Bee 05:23 PM 10-27-2013
She sounds like she may be developing too fast. Kids get dirty but that type of underarm odor usually doesn't come along until around puberty.

Is she large or developed for her age? I suggest mom take her the doc.

And adult deodorant really isn't okay for a five year old. It will probably irritate her skin plus that amount of aluminum is not meant for kids (anyone really).
craftymissbeth 05:37 PM 10-27-2013
My 6 yo ds has this issue! Apparently it can be linked to either a dairy intolerance or simply the added hormones in non organic milk. We started serving ds almond milk exclusively and the smell went away within days. We introduced organic milk and the smell is back... So for ds he simply has a dairy intolerance and that is how his body is dealing with it.
Tags:5 year old, body odor, hygiene
Reply Up