Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Having An Assistant For Nap Time...
newtodaycare22 11:28 AM 10-25-2011
and only for nap time? I'm totally considering it. I put an ad online to see what kind of bites I'll get. I'm thinking maybe a stay at home mom of a school age kid might do it for a little extra cash. I'm only paying minimum wage, which would mean 7.25 per day (for 1 hour). I think that's worth a guarentee of an hour break! Nap is obviously longer but you guys know what I mean about not always getting a break. The first one wakes up right as the last one falls alseep.

I hope I get some good bites-maybe they'll make a good substitute too.
nannyde 11:36 AM 10-25-2011
I don't like paying for staff during naptime. I put them all to bed at the same time wide awake and don't allow them up if they wake during nap.. They sleep like lambs every day.
small_steps 11:37 AM 10-25-2011
I think it would be lovely if you could find someone to do that but I don't know how easy it would be to find that person. Maybe a neighbor that wouldn't have to use gas to get there everyday? In the summer time you may have better luck with a college student. Keep us posted. I know it would be nice to have that break. You could even run a few errands in an hour.
wdmmom 11:54 AM 10-25-2011
I would never consider paying someone to watch the kids while they are napping. Everyone here goes down at the same time and gets up at the same time.

Paying an assistant for 2.5 hours per day 5 days a week is a matter of almost an extra $100 a week!

My assistant helps during the morning hours and 2 afternoons per week.

Naptime is the easiest part of the day. Wouldn't you rather pay someone to help you over lunch hour?!
mismatchedsocks 11:59 AM 10-25-2011
Maybe you can find a high school or college kid who needs volunteer hours? I dont know about gas money being worth it for $7.50 a day. Also that is my easiest time of the day, is that your most hectic?
sahm2three 12:07 PM 10-25-2011
I understand where you are coming from. I feel like most days I run from room to room trying to keep everyone quiet. My new mantra is, if they sleep, they sleep, if they don't, they don't, but I will have a break. Good luck!
MNMum 12:28 PM 10-25-2011
I've thought about an occasional substitute during nap so I can run errands during that time.
Tags:assistant, nap time - assistant, sleep - help aids
Reply Up