Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thoughts on F/T vs P/T Kids
greenhouse 04:54 AM 11-16-2011
There was a bit of a disscussion on this in another thread yesterday. My p/t dcb just went f/t and he's going from miserable to unbearable while here. He gets loving and excellent care, but he wants to be home. I just interviewed another family who asked if it would be okay if some days they picked up at 7pm. I close at 5:30. I am thinking of drawing the line and only taking familes who need less than 4 days a week or 5 days with early pick-up or late drop off. Does anyone do this and does it help make happier kids?
mismatchedsocks 05:00 AM 11-16-2011
I find it backwards for me. My fulltime kiddos adjust better then part time kiddos. Good luck, and I would not stay open until 7pm, yuck!
Cat Herder 05:02 AM 11-16-2011
Full time DCK's, set hours, and set rates (not based on attendance) make life relatively stress free.
cheerfuldom 05:56 AM 11-16-2011
agree with Cath.

OP if you let every part of your daycare be negotiable, you are going to burn out quickly. Strict drop offs and pickups are very very important for your own sanity!
Meyou 06:06 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Full time DCK's, set hours, and set rates (not based on attendance) make life relatively stress free.
This. It's nice not to think about any of them anymore.
Tags:full time vs part time
Reply Up