Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Appointments To View Child Care
CPKKChildcare 02:16 PM 06-20-2012
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and just wondering do you guys schedule all your appointments to view your child care one specific day and time of the week or does it depend??

I'm thinking about having all new clients come by one designated weekday... Not sure how it would work though, but it would definitely save me some time...my only exception would be parents who needed care a.s.a.p....

Anyway thanks in advance for your feedback
Blackcat31 02:31 PM 06-20-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely
RubyBell 02:40 PM 06-20-2012
Hi! I don't have a specifically designated day/time that I schedule interviews, but I do try to schedule them all on the same day. For instance, I have a couple of openings so I interviewed potential families last Saturday. I chose to fill one spot from that group so now I am interviewing 3 more families tomorrow for the second spot. I don't interview when my DCKs are here so Saturdays or evenings are when I schedule mine.

Hope that helps
CPKKChildcare 02:48 PM 06-20-2012
Yes it does thanks, So you actually interview and chose your parents wisely!!lol..That's great!!
cheerfuldom 03:33 PM 06-20-2012
I only do after hours because I dont allow strangers around the kids. I only do interviews if I have a spot open and if parents are wanting to start within 8 weeks, I dont hold spots for longer than that and dont interview way out from the start date. I usually do evenings at 6 pm or the very occasional Saturday, by appt. only, no drop ins.
originalkat 08:42 AM 06-21-2012
I schedule interviews on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:45 and 6:00 pm. Parents can choose which is most convenient. Of course I am flexible if those days don't work for them, but I have found that giving them two options is better than saying "when do you want to come?".
Breezy 08:50 AM 06-21-2012
I usually schedule on a weekend morning. That way I dont have to worry about making sure everything is cleaned up right away after my DCKs leave, I can have family time in the evening, dinner is at a decent hour, etc. I like to get them over with in the mornings and then I have my day to do whatever I had planned. I do make exceptions here and there and do them in the weekday evenings depending on my work load though.
Unregistered 10:02 AM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I schedule interviews on Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 5:45 and 6:00 pm. Parents can choose which is most convenient. Of course I am flexible if those days don't work for them, but I have found that giving them two options is better than saying "when do you want to come?".

Thank you....great idea!!! Do you call the client to remind them of their appt??
Unregistered 12:43 PM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you....great idea!!! Do you call the client to remind them of their appt??
I tell prospective clients to call me 1 hour before arrival to get the address and confirm the interview. Saves the hassle of dealing with no call/no shows.
originalkat 02:21 PM 06-21-2012
I email them with a reminder if the appointment was made over a week before, but otherwise I take my chances on them showing up. Usually they do come. If not I count it as a plus that all my house cleaning is done!
Tags:interview - questions, interview - scheduling
Reply Up