Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Planning Possible Move to Austin
candygal 03:25 PM 12-21-2020
Hello - DH likely to move to Austin for his new gig and as part of it I will be moving to Austin possibly

I have an established Family child daycare here in CA and I want to know how daycare business is different at Austin compared to CA. Basically I want to plan and understand the process to set up daycare at Austin and overall daycare market

I did my own research from the net and understand that home daycare is rare in Austin and you need to have a separate commercial space to set up play schools / Montessori ...Am I correct ?

I will be grateful for any pointers and experiences members can share...
Michael 02:06 PM 12-23-2020
I think overall your move to Texas from California is a good decision. I live in California and running a business here is extremely difficult. I believe the tax structure in Texas is very favorable two individuals and businesses like.

We have a lot of members on the form that are from Texas. It’s slow here this Christmas week. Possibly they’ll chime in in the next few days or next week.

Here are the state guidelines for Texas: https://www.daycare.com/texas/
candygal 07:07 PM 12-28-2020
Thank you Michael. Looking forward to it.

Happy holidays !
Cat Herder 05:15 AM 12-29-2020
Hang in there. Most are closed this week for Christmas vacation and are spending time with family. Schools tend to close for two weeks.
Rockgirl 12:43 AM 12-30-2020
Hi—I’m in Texas! Nowhere near Austin, but I’m still happy to help with questions.
Tags:austin, daycare, movingfromca
Reply Up