Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Much Sneezing...It's Not Even Fall!!
littlemommy 06:17 AM 08-10-2011
This makes me not look forward to winter. All of the kids are too young to understand the concept of covering their mouth and washing hands afterwards. Should I just walk around with sanitizer all day?!
PitterPatter 07:25 AM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
This makes me not look forward to winter. All of the kids are too young to understand the concept of covering their mouth and washing hands afterwards. Should I just walk around with sanitizer all day?!
That's funny we have had a problem with that this week as well. I try to have the kids sneeze into their elbows or sleeves so they dont have to keep washing hands. 1 washes then the others want to, then they play in the water. What should take 2 mins ends up 10 minutes and a watery mess. That takes too much time for every sneeze but, I don't want to discorage children from washing their hands. I sneeze into my collar of my shirt. Some of the daycare kids have done that but u are right about the young ones. They either don't get it at all or cover after the sneeze. If I see a sneeze coming I dive to get the kids elbow up! I have used hand sanitizer but I worry about what it might do to their skin if used too much. I don't send home for sneezes so sometimes (winter especially) they are sneezing all day.
Cat Herder 11:47 AM 08-10-2011
It is happening here, too.

The Bee Balm, Honey Suckle, Day Lillies and Jasmin are blooming....
Tags:allergies, seasonal allergies, sneezing
Reply Up