Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneeeee
LostMyMarbles 11:40 AM 09-27-2016
Imagine, a peaceful setting. 5 children happily coloring their project. Makers are a plenty, laugher, happiness, and then...then a shrill LOUD MMMMMMIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEE stops everyone , even the dog three doors down, in their tracts. I think my ear drum ruptured.

I simply replies, no the markers are mine and I am letting you use them. And I walked away......

What the word you don't like to hear?
Reply
Josiegirl 11:42 AM 09-27-2016
Haha kind of along the same lines as 'mine'

'But *I* was playing with that!!!!' Um yeh, like 3 hours ago!
Reply
daycarediva 11:45 AM 09-27-2016
"NO"

It's every other word out of 2.5yo dcb's mouth all day yesterday and today. NO (miss myname) NO (to a kid doing something they are totally allowed to do) NO (when someone walks by or even looks at him.)

He is VERY verbal, so I just ignore it but oh my!
Reply
finsup 11:51 AM 09-27-2016
Penis burger.
No I have NO idea what this is. Thank you to my wonderful 2.5yr old DD for that one *sigh*....yeah, teach them the proper names for genitals they all said. Well I did and look where it got me (no, I did NOT teach penis burger...or penis head...or butt penis...but what can I say my kiddos, daycare and my own are creative).
...and believe me, I'm trying so, SO, hard to get it to stop. It might have been a little funny at first. Like a walk out of the room so you don't see me laughing type of deal but not anymore. Not anymore....
Reply
MissAnn 11:52 AM 09-27-2016
Tattling. Anything tattling. Luckily my ears don't hear it. I am deaf to tattling. Good luck with that, kid.
Reply
organicdclady 11:55 AM 09-27-2016
Today and yesterday all I have heard from dcb 3.5 is "Miss dc he's not shaaaaarrriiiiiiiiiiingggggg" in the most ridiculous sig song voice. No, he is not sharing because he just picked up the toy and isn't going to hand it over just because you told him to!
Reply
LostMyMarbles 12:00 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Penis burger.
No I have NO idea what this is. Thank you to my wonderful 2.5yr old DD for that one *sigh*....yeah, teach them the proper names for genitals they all said. Well I did and look where it got me (no, I did NOT teach penis burger...or penis head...or butt penis...but what can I say my kiddos, daycare and my own are creative).
...and believe me, I'm trying so, SO, hard to get it to stop. It might have been a little funny at first. Like a walk out of the room so you don't see me laughing type of deal but not anymore. Not anymore....

I am laughing so hard I have tears! I will take Mine of penis burger any day....
Reply
DaveA 12:21 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Tattling. Anything tattling. Luckily my ears don't hear it. I am deaf to tattling. Good luck with that, kid.
Oh good grief yes! I have one kid who actually tries to "tell on" other children for breathing. Not on him- just breathing.
Reply
Controlled Chaos 01:23 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Penis burger.
No I have NO idea what this is. Thank you to my wonderful 2.5yr old DD for that one *sigh*....yeah, teach them the proper names for genitals they all said. Well I did and look where it got me (no, I did NOT teach penis burger...or penis head...or butt penis...but what can I say my kiddos, daycare and my own are creative).
...and believe me, I'm trying so, SO, hard to get it to stop. It might have been a little funny at first. Like a walk out of the room so you don't see me laughing type of deal but not anymore. Not anymore....

I called my 2yDD a grumpy butt once and so she called me a "grumpy 'gina" for weeks

MINE drives me nuts too. I say the same thing. "Nope! Everything here is MINE and I share it with you because I am super nice!"
Reply
galaxy 02:06 PM 09-27-2016
Currently it is "Me want daddy"

DCB age 3 is used to getting his way at home and is slowly understanding that tantrums get him nothing, not even attention and the first week it was a tantrums all day long for everything and when I didn't respond it would dissolve into Me want daddy repeated on a loop until I wanted to bang my head on the wall. And occasionally still comes out of no where for no reason.

Edit: Also "Me miss daddy" and "Daddy is my best friend"
Reply
daycare 02:37 PM 09-27-2016
huh....


I have a kid that no matter what you say to them, their first response is


huh
Reply
Boymom 02:49 PM 09-27-2016
"My daddy says...."

My daddy says I can't take my jacket off

My daddy says I can't like cantaloupe

My daddy says I'm not a daycare kid lol

My daddy says, my daddy, my daddy says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say, can your daddy tell you to SHUT UP Hahahaha!
Reply
Baby Beluga 02:52 PM 09-27-2016
"look it"

I have a child now (and mom is a teacher!) who says "look it" to everything. Drives me batty.
Reply
jenboo 03:18 PM 09-27-2016
The plus side of being an infant/toddler daycare....no one can talk yet!!!!
Reply
greentea78 04:20 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
The plus side of being an infant/toddler daycare....no one can talk yet!!!!
My thoughts exactly. My oldest is 18 months. He just grunts.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:11 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
The plus side of being an infant/toddler daycare....no one can talk yet!!!!
Originally Posted by greentea78:
My thoughts exactly. My oldest is 18 months. He just grunts.
that's funny!!
Great positive thinking!
Reply
MissAnn 07:41 PM 09-27-2016
Uh huh
Huh uh
Uh huh!!!!!!
Huh uh!!!!!!!
Reply
abryann 05:08 AM 09-28-2016
I have a 2.5 year old with a LOT of anxiety whenever his mom and dad aren't around him. When he first started coming here, he would say "Mama Dada day" over and over, at least 15 to 20 times an HOUR. I figured out that he was telling himself that he'd see Mama and Dada at the end of the day; saying that to himself repeatedly was his security blanket. I would just reassure him that yes, Mama or Dada would be here at the end of the day for him, and he would feel better for a few minutes. Boy, hearing that repeated for 10 hours a day got old, though.
Reply
MissAnn 05:25 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by abryann:
I have a 2.5 year old with a LOT of anxiety whenever his mom and dad aren't around him. When he first started coming here, he would say "Mama Dada day" over and over, at least 15 to 20 times an HOUR. I figured out that he was telling himself that he'd see Mama and Dada at the end of the day; saying that to himself repeatedly was his security blanket. I would just reassure him that yes, Mama or Dada would be here at the end of the day for him, and he would feel better for a few minutes. Boy, hearing that repeated for 10 hours a day got old, though.
I have a 3 year old DCB who repeats everything 3 times. I figure it's because he's the youngest of 3 kids and it takes that long to be heard. Drives me crazy though.
Reply
Pestle 10:37 AM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Penis burger.


I use real names, too, but my sibling pair is from a family that apparently doesn't. The girl told me conversationally, "I gots a neenee. All girls got neenees. Mary got a neenee, and Jane got a neenee. Brother got a hot dog."

Silence, then: "Miss Pestle, you got a hot dog."

I said nothing . . .
Reply
284878 11:43 AM 09-28-2016
Owwwwwieee

SA dcb taught my dd "what the"
Reply
DaveA 01:31 PM 09-28-2016
I think y'all jinxed me- DCG got off the bus from pre-k, walked in, and started whining before she got her backpack off "I was playing with that!" at another DCK. Yeah you were playing with it. YESTERDAY!!!!!
Reply
Hunni Bee 03:09 PM 09-28-2016
It was an accident.

I forgot.

I didn't see him/her/it.

I only did it a little bit.

To everything. Every day. Every time.

You having a constant excuse doesn't stop me from needing to disciplne you, buddy.
Reply
Pestle 03:41 PM 09-28-2016
"HE DID IT!"

I just saw you--

"HE DID IT!"

He's on the other side of the--

"HE DID IT!"

Nothing happened. Nobody did anything. It's all fine.

"HE DID IT!"
Reply
Rockgirl 03:46 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:


I use real names, too, but my sibling pair is from a family that apparently doesn't. The girl told me conversationally, "I gots a neenee. All girls got neenees. Mary got a neenee, and Jane got a neenee. Brother got a hot dog."

Silence, then: "Miss Pestle, you got a hot dog."

I said nothing . . .

That is the funniest thing I've read today!
Reply
MissAnn 07:20 AM 09-29-2016
Baby talk! Especially baby talk when we are singing a song! And super especially when the baby talk is coming out of mom/dad's mouth! I so want to tell parents to use their "big" voice!
Reply
Febby 06:50 PM 09-30-2016
"Leave me alone." and "Shut up." whenever a certain child is told to do something/not do something. Same child almost always complies with directions, too.

"Johnny, go put your jacket on, please."
"Shut up!"

"Johnny, flush the toilet when you're done."
"Leave me alone!"

The "not sharing" thing also drives me nuts. I swear 75% of the kids who enter my class think that sharing=everyone giving them whatever they want. They get better as the year goes on, but man, that always gets me in August.
Reply
Tags:mine, mine - its mine, possessive
Reply Up