Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Happen To Any Of You?
Country Kids 06:57 AM 10-28-2011
Kids not wanting to leave and go home with parents? I have several that don't want to leave and go home or now I find out cry when they are home and want to come back.

All of these children are in excellent home situations but I'm surprised they don't want to go home with or once they are there to cry and want to come back here. One of mine sometimes I have to call after hours if I remember something that I needed to talk to mom about and they have to go into another room because child will want to talk to me but the entire time.

This is the group that I was struggling with for naptime which has become somewhat better. So even though I felt stressed I guess they really like coming here after all.
2ndFamilyDC 06:59 AM 10-28-2011
Happens sometimes.

Gotta make you feel very good to know that they love it there.
MarinaVanessa 07:12 AM 10-28-2011
Yep it happens, I have two 2 yo's that are apparently going through seperation anxiety and will cry at drop-off even though they never did before. Happens every morning but then at the end of the day they don't want to go home and will cry then too .

I also have a little girl that's 4 years old that get angry and crosses her arms and pouts when she has to go home. She always asks me if she can spend the night .

Chalk it up to you doing a good job .
SilverSabre25 07:22 AM 10-28-2011
Yes this happens; it seems to be an age-related phase with my group. Soon it switches and they're THRILLED to go home and PO'd to arrive n Pesky little buggers; as soon as we count on them to be one way, they go and change it up on us.

Whenever it starts becoming a pattern I try to reassure the parents that it's a phase/stage, a sign that they're growing and changing and that soon enough, it will be the opposite again.
countrymom 10:27 AM 10-28-2011
yes! happens here, I'm glad that they like it here but I love when they go home. I think the reason they like it here is because there is always something going on. I talk with the kids, we play things or go outside. I think when they go home its rush rush rush and maybe they the kids feel like no one pays attention.
iheartkids 10:52 AM 10-28-2011
I think the kids think it's just constantly "daycare" around here and if they go home they are going to miss out on fun things the other kids are going to do. So I tell them "Soandso's mommy is coming to get them too and then all the toys will be put away". I feel great cause right now all my kids come right in in the morning and sometimes have to be dragged out at night.
Heidi 10:53 AM 10-28-2011
one of the twins cried the other day and I had to pry him out of my arms and into moms. I said "You are going to hurt mommy's feelings" Mom laughed...no, I am glad they love you so much!

Yesterday I put him in the car seat instead and he still cried (I've been told you are not tech. supposed to put them into another's car seat due to liability, but she is getting a 4yo, 3you, and 14mo twins into the car...kind of tricky on your own).
LittleD 08:10 PM 10-29-2011
NannyD's changing of the guard is a great idea if you can swing it. I have one 4yr old who is HORRIBLE when mom picks up. He's hit her and called her a b*tch when she comes to pick him up. If I can swing changing of the guard I do it (But I have to leave everyone else unattended so that's a no-no.) but I still watch out the window as he abuses her and it frustrates me to no end!
Here's the blog
https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...in-daycare.htm
Meyou 05:06 AM 10-30-2011
I have a couple right now that don't want to go home. They ask for sleepovers and cry at pickup. But they also have ALOT of fun and both are lonely at home (one is an only, one has a baby sister). They like playing with my toys and their friends. Especially my toys.

6 months ago they were both crying at dropoff to go home. They've both with me for almost 4 years.
rbmom 07:48 AM 10-30-2011
It does happen sometimes! I'm glad they like it here!
Ariana 02:07 PM 10-30-2011
Yeah it's happening to me right now actually! I just started a young kid last week and already she is not wanting to go home, will only allow me to put on her coat and boots and has hit her mother in the face when she wants to give her a hug at the end of the day It's bizarre really because she's only been with me 1 full day so far!!
Tags:kids that won't go home, won't go home
Reply Up