Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's for Lunch???
coolconfidentme 10:12 AM 11-07-2013
We had tomato soup, "smashed" grilled cheese, banana & grapes. EVERYONE had seconds!

What about you?
BumbleBee 10:14 AM 11-07-2013
Tuna patties (they call them Krabby patties), blueberries, tomatoes, & bread w/butter. Gobbled it up!
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 11-07-2013
Chicken breast, sweet potato wedges, carrots, fresh green pepper strips, whole wheat roll and milk.

8 out of 10 kids have seconds every day.

Me? I am eating chicken ravioli with sweet pepper sausage in vodka sauce.

I won't be having seconds though....it's my left overs from dinner last night.
thetoddlerwhisper 10:14 AM 11-07-2013
mixed fruit country fried steak bread and mashed potatoes. everyone ate for once even my picky kid
ihop 10:23 AM 11-07-2013
after listening to 6mo dcb cry all morning, still crying matter of fact. I think I will serve pbj for the first time Ever. Probably veggies and hummus too.
melilley 10:26 AM 11-07-2013
We had english muffin pizza, pineapple, and steamed broccoli. The kids loved it, except for the broccoli, only one child ate it.
MsLaura529 10:29 AM 11-07-2013
Leftovers from our family dinner last night - pasta with Italian sausage, tomatoes, and mozzarella. And some grapes. Everyone had seconds
heyhun77 10:29 AM 11-07-2013
Pizza crust bites with spaghetti squash strawberries string cheese and corn
AcornMama 10:29 AM 11-07-2013
We had good old fashioned beef stew, biscuits (that my 13yodd made...delicious!), cut grapes, and milk.

Oh, and the chocolate I'm having now during nap time. Shhh.
AcornMama 10:31 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Tuna patties (they call them Krabby patties), blueberries, tomatoes, & bread w/butter. Gobbled it up!
My dcb has been talking about "crabby patties" and I've had no idea what he was talking about. He saw a picture of a hamburger and said it looked like a "crabby pattie."
jenn 10:44 AM 11-07-2013
Baked chicken, wheat roll, green beans, pineapple, milk
Luna 10:47 AM 11-07-2013
Roasted lemon chicken breast and potatoes, green beans, mini pita, applesauce, milk.
CedarCreek 10:50 AM 11-07-2013
We had beef,bean and cheese tostadas with carrots and apples. All finger food day!
mema 10:51 AM 11-07-2013
The kiddos had chicken zoodle soup, wheat roll, and diced sweet potatoes baked in olive oil with rosemary.

I had a big salad with cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, cheese, and egg with a bite size snickers bar
JoseyJo 10:55 AM 11-07-2013
Krabby Patties are from Spongebob (now you know what mom lets him watch!)

We had tuna melts, applesauce and carrots. We are trying to get more fish in our diets and this is the first time for tuna melts. They went over very well and even my picky eaters at them
BrooklynM 10:56 AM 11-07-2013
We are having breakfast for lunch today- broccoli (I know this isn't a breakfast food, but I give them veggies as an appetizer while I'm finishing up cooking. If I don't give them their veggies first, its hard to get them to eat any) scrambled eggs, chicken apple sausage, buckwheat waffles and oranges.
jenboo 10:58 AM 11-07-2013
Cheesy broccoli chicken quinoa stir-fry with homemade applesauce

Im not sure what im having yet...i dont eat cheese so Im not eating with the kids today
AcornMama 11:03 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
Krabby Patties are from Spongebob (now you know what mom lets him watch!)

We had tuna melts, applesauce and carrots. We are trying to get more fish in our diets and this is the first time for tuna melts. They went over very well and even my picky eaters at them
Ah, thanks. I have 7 kids of my own, but we don't really watch tv, so I don't know SpongeBob.

We do like tuna melts, though, or tunawhiches, as my mom always called them.

Unimportant side note: My boys (6, 9, 10, and 15) were looking at Lego idea books they got from the library, and Spongebob was featured in one. I guess my kids have seen the character on shirts or whatnot, but not paid much attention to what he was. My 9yo read the page and said, SPONGE Bob? I thought he was cheese! We all enjoyed a good giggle over that!
coolconfidentme 11:03 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
We are having breakfast for lunch today- broccoli (I know this isn't a breakfast food, but I give them veggies as an appetizer while I'm finishing up cooking. If I don't give them their veggies first, its hard to get them to eat any) scrambled eggs, chicken apple sausage, buckwheat waffles and oranges.
I love breakfast for lunch! Yesterday we had ham, french toast, strawberries & mangoes!
Sugar Magnolia 11:05 AM 11-07-2013
Whatever parents packed in the lunch box.
this actually!
I had a a half a t tub of spinach dip. And a half a tube of crackers.
Leigh 11:09 AM 11-07-2013
We had Mexican meatballs, cauliflower, carrots, Swiss cheese sandwiches on 12-grain bread, and peaches.

I love this thread-I've seen some ideas for new lunches! I tend to get stuck in a rut sometimes...now I have some "kid-tested" lunches to plan!
WImom 11:45 AM 11-07-2013
We had PB and J on whole wheat, mixed veggies, orange slices, yogurt and milk. Took an easy lunch today - I was feeling lazy.
Willow 11:53 AM 11-07-2013
Chicken wild rice soup, cheese slices, cucumber slices, mango and milk. I ate the same with them
coolconfidentme 11:53 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by leigh:
i love this thread-i've seen some ideas for new lunches! I tend to get stuck in a rut sometimes...now i have some "kid-tested" lunches to plan!
me too!!!!
NeedaVaca 12:11 PM 11-07-2013
Shepard's Pie with carrots/peas, pomegranate & grapes, roll
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Chicken wild rice soup, cheese slices, cucumber slices, mango and milk. I ate the same with them
Mmmm, you can NEVER get too much wild rice!

It's my absolute favorite thing ever!!

My DH is making beefy wild rice hotdish this weekend. Can't wait.
crunchymama 12:17 PM 11-07-2013
Turkey chili w/ beans, whole wheat tortilla chips w/ fresh salsa, and cherries.
Willow 12:28 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Mmmm, you can NEVER get too much wild rice!

It's my absolute favorite thing ever!!

My DH is making beefy wild rice hotdish this weekend. Can't wait.
I made two big crockpots full last night for gun opener this weekend. It's the best stuff to keep you warm!!!
TwinKristi 01:35 PM 11-07-2013
Bagel w/ cream cheese
Turkey slices
Raisins
Corn
BumbleBee 01:44 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
My dcb has been talking about "crabby patties" and I've had no idea what he was talking about. He saw a picture of a hamburger and said it looked like a "crabby pattie."
A Krabby pattie is from Spongebob Squarepants. It's like a hamburger for fish.
Kimskiddos 02:06 PM 11-07-2013
We had turkey and cheese on whole wheat sandwiches w/lettuce & tomato (only one of my kiddos will actually eat the lettuce & tomato), oven roasted potato wedges and steamed carrots. I had the same lunch as the kiddos today.
Josiegirl 02:15 PM 11-07-2013
We had chicken, corn muffins, beets, peaches and milk.
Leanna 02:17 PM 11-07-2013
Homemade Sloppy Joe's on whole wheat buns, mashed potatoes, green peas, and kiwi fruit.
Seconds all the way around. I have very good eaters.
missheather 02:36 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I made two big crockpots full last night for gun opener this weekend. It's the best stuff to keep you warm!!!
I would LOVE to get your recipe!
Cat Herder 03:39 PM 11-07-2013
Black & Kidney Bean Chili, Sweet Cornbread Muffins (with shredded carrot), Clementine's, Honey Dew Melon, Milk and a "Snookerdoodle" Cookie (snickerdoodle with flax seeds masquerading as "cinnamon sprinkles" )
misslori50 03:56 PM 11-07-2013
we had sloppy joes, mac and cheese, milk green beans
daycare 04:00 PM 11-07-2013
we had lentils , broccoli, apples& strawberries, green beans, side of quiona and beans.
Maria2013 04:03 PM 11-07-2013
Fish sticks, wholegrain toast, tomato salad, pears and of course milk
Reply Up