Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Next Week's Menu
mamamanda 02:38 PM 09-01-2015
Anyone want to share next week's menu? I've been reading through some old ones too. I always get in such a rut with repeat meals. My kids are so picky & I'm bored out of my mind. Lol I know...serve & let them eat or not eat, but they're so crabby when they're hungry.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 06:04 PM 09-01-2015
I have been posting food on my fb page MrsSteinelsHouse
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 09-02-2015
I'm no help. I'm in a rut too. It's so hard feeding so many ages and likes/dislikes.
I went from feeding 10 dcks this summer, some with very hearty appetites, down to 6 dcks, only 1 with a good appetite. Lots of relearning what to cook for the group and more food wasted.
I stick to very basic plain cooking. Most of my dcks won't touch anything that's mixed. Casseroles, soups, etc. All ends up in the garbage.
LysesKids 04:24 AM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I have been posting food on my fb page MrsSteinelsHouse
I know because I've been liking your pics lol... turns out when I stopped posting Pics of my food, the visits dropped; yesterday I had more hits than ever just because I did Bento boxes? Whatever works.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:56 AM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I know because I've been liking your pics lol... turns out when I stopped posting Pics of my food, the visits dropped; yesterday I had more hits than ever just because I did Bento boxes? Whatever works.
aww thanks. I had stopped posting lunches because I felt like I was being redundant. But since I switched to family style I thought I would post again.
LysesKids 08:25 AM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
aww thanks. I had stopped posting lunches because I felt like I was being redundant. But since I switched to family style I thought I would post again.
Today we had White chicken chili with fresh tortillas, grape tomatoes, Guacamole & clementines... not sure whats for snack but you can visit my FB page to get ideas lol https://www.facebook.com/tirnanogpla...homepage_panel
Controlled Chaos 01:52 PM 09-08-2015
Copied and pasted from a calendar format - so its wonky now. Not too much cooking this week, but here is what we are eating

Breakfast Snack

Peanut butter and bananas on rice cakes Breakfast Snack

Cheerios, cantaloupe, and milk Breakfast Snack

Whole wheat yogurt and blueberry wrap Breakfast Snack

Blueberries, muffins, and milk Breakfast Snack

Graham cracker fruit tart and milk

Lunch

Ham and cheese sandwiches, strawberries, broccoli, and milk Lunch

Bean and cheese quesadillas, corn, apples, and milk Lunch

Veggie noodles, cheese bread, peas, carrots, apple slices, and milk
Lunch

Vegetable alphabet soup, cheese bread, apples and milk
Lunch

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, watermelon slices, carrot sticks, cheese, and milk
Snack

Crackers, Colby jack cheese and apple slices Snack

Lemon poppy seed muffins and milk Snack

Hardboiled eggs, strawberries and water Snack

Cucumber ants on a log (cream cheese and raisins) Snack

Picnic: Cucumber finger sandwiches and tea (white grape juice)
Preschool/daycare teacher 12:18 PM 09-15-2015
Controlled Chaos: just curious, what is cheese bread?

I don't have anything to share. I just got on for the ideas
Unregistered 06:40 PM 09-20-2015
M-turkey melts made with Immaculate brand biscuits, grapes, steamed corn, milk

T-homemade chicken/rice soup with carrots, sliced garden tomatoes, kiwi slices, milk

W-tomato soup made with jarred pasta sauce (yum), grilled cheese, avocado slices, fresh pineapple. Milk

Th-scrambled eggs, toast, homemade American fries, steamed peas, milk

F-non-spicy chili beans over homemade corn muffins, steamed garden beets, garden sweet peppers and homemade dip, milk

Snack-
M-garden cucumbers/homemade dip, string cheese
T-organic fruit yogurt, apple slices
W-fruit salsa, toasted cinnamon tortillas
Th-Annie's crackers, garden pear tomatoes
F-watermelon, lower sugar no bake cookies
Tags:menus
Reply Up