Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Office area set up???
Unregistered 08:19 AM 02-24-2013
I am looking for suggestions on how to design an office area in my familychild care space. I have a corner area I could use in my main FCC area. It runs about 4 ft on one wall to corner and then over about 4 ft on the other.

I need some work space and have a lot of files. Not sure if a desk or counters, or files with a counter on top????

Desperate for suggestions!!! Any ideas or photos on setups would be great!!

Thanks for the help!

Gina
Michael 01:06 PM 02-24-2013
Welcome to the forum. Suggest you register. There are photo options once you become a member.
Starburst 05:26 PM 02-24-2013
The only thing I can say is bookshelves with binders and storing vertically (up) maybe look into getting those Japanese screen doors or cubical walls for that area to section it off. You can also just get a filing cabnet and a small computer desk.

But if I were you I would register (it's free!) on this forum because you can see if you can joint the 'Decore' group which is for members only and only available by invite if you are a member (ask Michael). Also, many of the veteran FCC members on here tend to ignore some of the threads/posts started by non-members or unregisteded people (they have admitted it on some of the other threads) and many of them don't like to post pictures on the public forum of their daycare area because they don't want DCFs to see them on here.

If you are a new family child care provider or plan on opening a home daycare with in the next frew years you can also join the "Provider's in Training" group- a private group for new providers and people who are interested in doing home daycare. We share ideas and talk about what are plans are and just get to know each other (I am the host so just message me if you want an invite)
Tags:decorating, office space, set up
Reply Up