Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan DHS
Francine 10:45 AM 06-09-2010
I posted a while back about whether or not to take DHS payment and had decided not to when my interview no showed. Well as much as I hate to I think I might have to rethink it for right now. I quite my job after Memorial Day to opened the daycare June 1, I only have one child right now with a teachers possibly starting very part time in July and then full time in September. Every other call that I have gotten is either for nights or DHS. I have actually had about 5 calls asking if I was hiring because the newspaper has the Licensed Daycare section right above the HELP WANTED section and apparently people don't pay attention.

So anyway I just had a lady call with a 2 and 4 year old, DHS, wants to change daycares because the other one just puts them in front of the TV and does nothing with them. She wants to stop over today after work, so I told her that she could stop over, if we are all in agreement that it's a good fit....me, her and the kids....I will seriuosly coinsider it. She did say that she is very forgetful as far as submitting her hours etc. so she has given the other provider her username and password to the site so that the provider can do it....what are your thoughts on that? OH, and she works 6:30-3:00..I normally don't open until 8:00 UGG.

I really didn't want to get into taking DHS but I also can't afford to have only one child. I have never taken DHS before I really don't have any idea how to even get started.

More a vent than anything else but if you have any advice please feel free to share. Thanks!
Janet 11:18 AM 06-09-2010
I've had my share of families and DHS billing, and if I have my way, I'll never take on another DHS family again. My biggest problem with it is that the parent has to bill, too. Sometimes parents forget, or sometimes the parents put in hours that are different from the hours that you report. If your hours don't match up with the parents hours, you will get audited and either yourself or the parents could be responsible for paying the difference. Also, state pay is getting lower all the time and unfortunately, some families don't want to pay the co-pay because they can't afford it. Really think long and hard about it before you decide. Good luck.
Francine 11:27 AM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Janet:
I've had my share of families and DHS billing, and if I have my way, I'll never take on another DHS family again. My biggest problem with it is that the parent has to bill, too. Sometimes parents forget, or sometimes the parents put in hours that are different from the hours that you report. If your hours don't match up with the parents hours, you will get audited and either yourself or the parents could be responsible for paying the difference. Also, state pay is getting lower all the time and unfortunately, some families don't want to pay the co-pay because they can't afford it. Really think long and hard about it before you decide. Good luck.
If it were just submitting the hours that was the issue, she did say that she would give me her username and password ( or whatever is needed) so that I can submit her hours for her so they would always match. I really don't want to do it but I also can't afford to live on just one kid. I won't do it if she won't pay the difference, not a chance.
mac60 12:38 PM 06-09-2010
If you can't, as a parent, remember on a weekly basis to enter your information, I would not want a parent like that, shows they are not very responsible.
Francine 01:47 PM 06-09-2010
So she stopped in with the kids after work, the kids were find, very well behaved from what I could see in the 15 minutes that they were here. Mom was nice enough, just not my type if that makes sense. She didn't ask anything about me or the daycare, she saw that I had a playroom full of toys and that sold her. Apparently the other daycare has a box of toys and a TV and that's what the kids do all day. Tomorrow is her day off so she asked if she could bring the kids for a few hours ( 9-3) that's all day to me but whatever she said that she will pay me cash, we will see. I'm not going to make any huge decisions until tomorrow after I see how it goes.

She said that DHS pays for 95% of her daycare and the old daycare use to charge her 50.00 every other week. What does 95% of her daycare mean? I thought they paid so much per hour.

So do I have to register with the state or something? Do I have to call DHS or does she do that? I know no idea what I'm suppose to do if I decide to take them on.
booroo 02:02 PM 06-09-2010
Contact the state and tell them you want to take state assissted children!! All though I have been tring since April to get approved through state of NE I have 2 families that are on it, 1 has stopped working, so I won't get paid for that, and the other family just quit her job today, so I won't get paid now either I'm sure!! I
so mad at the state of NE right I'm seeing red!! The owe my me over $800.00
Francine 02:22 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by booroo:
Contact the state and tell them you want to take state assissted children!! All though I have been tring since April to get approved through state of NE I have 2 families that are on it, 1 has stopped working, so I won't get paid for that, and the other family just quit her job today, so I won't get paid now either I'm sure!! I
so mad at the state of NE right I'm seeing red!! The owe my me over $800.00
Does anybody know if this is how it works in Michigan?
MarinaVanessa 02:27 PM 06-09-2010
If you decide to take them that's great. See if it works out for you. Subsidized payment here in CA doesn't work like it does where you live (we have sign in sheets that just need to be mailed) but I remember reading in the forum once about how a provider just has the parent enter the hours at daycare on the last day so that they both have the same # of hours and times etc. I thought that was a great solution you could offer to her. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable having her password and such. If she already told you that she has a hard time forgetting to call the hours in (or on the comp) then I'd be worried. Just have her do it in your home the last day on your computer.
melissa ann 02:47 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
If you can't, as a parent, remember on a weekly basis to enter your information, I would not want a parent like that, shows they are not very responsible.

I agree, 100%.
Francine 02:55 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
See If she already told you that she has a hard time forgetting to call the hours in (or on the comp) then I'd be worried. Just have her do it in your home the last day on your computer.
That's what I thought I would do, I don't want to know her information, that sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.
booroo 03:52 PM 06-09-2010
http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,1607,7...1059--,00.html

here is a link to what I read!! If you are all ready registeated through MI then just call the office and get set up to take the payment.
Childminder 05:03 PM 06-09-2010
What I charge comes to $3.75 per hour. The state of MI pays me (in her case) 95% of the rate of $2.40 which comes out to $2.28 per hour. The parent is responsible for the rest which is $1.47 per hour. Also you need to know what hours every two week pay period she qualifies for. Some parents are covered for 90 hours(the max), some only 75. Sooooo if she works a 50 hour week X 2 week pay period then that is 100 hours and that is over the amount of hours that the state will pay.

Confusing? yes!!!!! Oh and don't forget the UAW will get 1.15% of that subsidy amount

As far as reporting her hours I wouldn't cause it'll just come back and bite you! If childcare doesn't work out and she gets mad at you she can report you to DHS for fraud.

Make sure you get her to pay the FULL amount ahead of time cause it takes FOREVER to get the process going and she might not qualify at the rate she quotes you.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Francine 05:32 PM 06-09-2010
I don't have an hourly rate, I charge by the day according to contracted hours. 25.00 per day if they bring lunch, 28.00 if I supply lunch. In her case it would be 6:00 a.m. until 3:30 so 9 1/2 hours that comes to 2.63 per hour if she brings lunch, 2.95 if I supply lunch. So if I figured this right @ 2.63 per hour she is only going to owe me .35 per hour, 33.30 for a two week period. She pays her other daycare 50.00 for two weeks.

She did say that at the other place they pay for 95% so does she have to get requalified for me or does she just have to let them know that she is changing providers?
Francine 06:42 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:

Feel free to PM me if you wish.
I sent you a PM, maybe twice I don't know. I thought I did it right but my Sent box still says 0, so you will either get two messages or none
Francine 06:44 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
I don't have an hourly rate, I charge by the day according to contracted hours. 25.00 per day if they bring lunch, 28.00 if I supply lunch. In her case it would be 6:00 a.m. until 3:30 so 9 1/2 hours that comes to 2.63 per hour if she brings lunch, 2.95 if I supply lunch. So if I figured this right @ 2.63 per hour she is only going to owe me .35 per hour, 33.30 for a two week period. She pays her other daycare 50.00 for two weeks.

She did say that at the other place they pay for 95% so does she have to get requalified for me or does she just have to let them know that she is changing providers?
I was only figuring for one child not two so I would be making more than the 50.00 that she pays the other provider.
professionalmom 07:52 PM 06-09-2010
I posted a while back about whether or not to take DHS payment and had decided not to when my interview no showed. Well as much as I hate to I think I might have to rethink it for right now. I quite my job after Memorial Day to opened the daycare June 1, I only have one child right now with a teachers possibly starting very part time in July and then full time in September. Every other call that I have gotten is either for nights or DHS. I have actually had about 5 calls asking if I was hiring because the newspaper has the Licensed Daycare section right above the HELP WANTED section and apparently people don't pay attention.

So anyway I just had a lady call with a 2 and 4 year old, DHS, wants to change daycares because the other one just puts them in front of the TV and does nothing with them. She wants to stop over today after work, so I told her that she could stop over, if we are all in agreement that it's a good fit....me, her and the kids....I will seriuosly coinsider it. She did say that she is very forgetful as far as submitting her hours etc. so she has given the other provider her username and password to the site so that the provider can do it....what are your thoughts on that? OH, and she works 6:30-3:00..I normally don't open until 8:00 UGG.

I really didn't want to get into taking DHS but I also can't afford to have only one child. I have never taken DHS before I really don't have any idea how to even get started.

More a vent than anything else but if you have any advice please feel free to share. Thanks!
MI DHS is a big pain. But here is a breakdown of how it would work. Contact DHS and explain that you are new to home daycare and have a potential client who has DHS daycare subsidy and you need to know what you need to do to register to be able to report hours to them. They will send you an ID and password.

For the potential client you mentioned, it seems like she already has been approved so it should only be a matter of changing the provider ID to your number (once you get it). I have seen it take anywhere from 2 weeks to months. If she has already been approved, she should have an approval letter. This will tell you 2 things: 1) how many hours they are approved for every 2 weeks (biweekly) & 2) what percentage DHS pays. The hours are based on the hours the parent needs for work, school, and commute. basically, what they need, they are approved for, up to a maximum of 90 biweekly (45 per week). The percentage is based on the parent's income and can be 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, or 100%.

DHS reimburses at $2.40 per hour for children over 2 1/2 years old; $2.90 per hour for children under 2 1/2 years old. Now this is the FULL RATE.

Example: The child is 4 years old, the approved hours are 75 hrs biweekly (37.5 per week), and the percentage is 70%. You get $1.68 per hour ($2.40 per hour * 70%) that the child is in care or out due to sickness. So you would have to bill the parent for the difference (co-pay) between what DHS will pay and what you charge. Plus, the parent would be responsible for anytime over the 75 hours biweekly (or 37.5 hours weekly).

Many parents try to argue about this, but DHS does state in their handbooks that the Parent is responsible for any difference between what they pay and what the provider charges.

Here's one problem. It's difficult to have a pre-payment with DHS clients because you don't know how many hours they will actually USE ahead of time each week. They may be booked for 40 hours, but really only use 35 (due to picking up early, or dropping off later).

Another issue is the reporting and payment schedule. Here's an example of the schedule:
6/6 - 6/19 providing care
6/20 you report the hours
7/1 you get the check for dates of service 6/6 -6/19
So you are not getting paid by DHS until 2-4 weeks after you provided the care. That means that you are providing food, toys, crafts, etc and are working for free (except the co-pay from the parent) for almost 4 weeks before you get paid by DHS.

If this client does not have an approval letter to show you, tell her that she will have to pay the full amount out of pocket until DHS kicks in. When it kicks in, you can back bill DHS. When you get the check from DHS, you reimburse the client for the amount (of DHS's portion) they pre-paid. It is a really big pain, but it's better than waiting months for payment only to have them drop you and come to find out they never submitted the paperwork to have them placed under your ID. Then you have to go to court and try to get the hundreds or thousands of dollars they owe.

Sorry there's so much information. If you want you can PM me or send me a message. There are many, many more warnings about DHS clients that I can tell you and the solutions I have in place to protect myself.

As for reporting for her - NO WAY ON EARTH!! You would be inviting a fraud investigation. Do NOT put your license at risk for ANYONE! Some providers make the parents report from the provider's computer during pickup at the end of the reporting cycle. I think I will be doing that since I just had a client who "forgot" to report for 6 weeks! Also, on their invoice that they get each week, I have a chart that shows the day, date, time in, time out, actual time, and time reported to DHS (because it gets rounded). This way they know what I'm reporting and why and it gives me further proof (plus the sign in/out sheets) in the event I get audited.

Number one rule when taking DHS clients or anyone for that matter - COVER YOUR OWN A**!! Number 2 rule - Never take someone at their word. Get it in writing - always!
Francine 10:01 PM 06-09-2010
I am assuming that she has the approval letter just by talking to her so it should just be a matter of me getting my numbers. ( I won't assume, I will ask for a copy : ) If this takes weeks or months couldn't I just pick a figure say 150.00 per week or something that I know will be under what DHS is going to pay me and have the Mom pay me that weekly until I start getting paid by DHS and then reimburse her minus her portion. So that if something happens I'm not totally out but yet I'm not guessing at the hours that will be used either.

OH, this is so confusing I should be sleeping and I am up worrying about this. I think when she brings the kids today for our little trial/I just don't want to deal with my kids on my day off day I am going to tell her that I will call her Monday and give her my final yes or no so that I have time to get things straight in my head and on paper. Maybe in the mean time I will get a call from somebody else that's not DHS
QualiTcare 10:37 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
i disagree. i'd much rather a parent say, "here's my info. type in what you want to make sure you get paid and ON TIME!" instead of not saying anything and dealing with late payments.

i pay some of my bills through automatic bank drafting - does that make me irresponsible? it's basically the same thing. i give the power co. my bank info. so they can take the money when it's due based on what they say i've used without me having to remember the date the power bill is due along with my ten other bills.

the parent in this case is being responsible if you ask me.
Francine 02:59 AM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:

For the potential client you mentioned, it seems like she already has been approved so it should only be a matter of changing the provider ID to your number (once you get it). I have seen it take anywhere from 2 weeks to months. If she has already been approved, she should have an approval letter. This will tell you 2 things: 1) how many hours they are approved for every 2 weeks (biweekly) & 2) what percentage DHS pays. The hours are based on the hours the parent needs for work, school, and commute. basically, what they need, they are approved for, up to a maximum of 90 biweekly (45 per week). The percentage is based on the parent's income and can be 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, or 100%.

Number one rule when taking DHS clients or anyone for that matter - COVER YOUR OWN A**!! Number 2 rule - Never take someone at their word. Get it in writing - always!
What do you think of this, it just came to me in the shower Since it could takes weeks or months for me to get my numbers and I am not going to watch her kids and not get paid until then. What if I tell her that there are two options that I'm willing to do 1. She pays me in full until I get those numbers and I will start billing as of then but not back date. Back dating seems like a huge pain. I will just act like they started coming to daycare the day that I get my numbers. or

2. I will call her when I get my numbers and we can start from there, she already has daycare she just doesn't like it, she doesn't think the kids do enough so it's not like she doesn't have anybody to watch the kids until I get my numbers. This way to, it gives me some time to get my ducks in a row and maybe another child or two lined up so my income isn't based so much on these two kids.

I can't imagine that she is going want to pay me if full but then again she was driving a pretty nice car and did call to get my directions to plug into her GPS ( I don't have a GPS)

What do you think?
Francine 06:34 AM 06-10-2010
Well she was suppose to be here with the kids @ 9:00, it is now 9:46. I left her a message this morning at 8:00 plus called twice more with no response.

As immature as it might sound, my curtains are pulled and I am no longer home. This a a HUGE red flag for me in an already iffy situation.

I'm not going to do it.
Childminder 06:59 AM 06-10-2010
Go with your gut. She is not going to bring her children to your daycare.
professionalmom 07:51 AM 06-10-2010
Well she was suppose to be here with the kids @ 9:00, it is now 9:46. I left her a message this morning at 8:00 plus called twice more with no response.

As immature as it might sound, my curtains are pulled and I am no longer home. This a a HUGE red flag for me in an already iffy situation.

I'm not going to do it.
I really hate to say this, but in my experience DHS clients are the most demanding, bossy, yet irresponsible and cheap clients I have ever had. The ones that I have had were the 20-22 years old single mothers who acted (and even told me) that they knew more about children than me (I'm 35 and have been taking care of children since before these mothers were even born!). They think they're child is a genius and if (s)he is not hitting milestones at least two months ahead of schedule, it's your fault. They also ask about "curriculum" for 6 month olds! Then they complain about every dollar and dime. They even try to "barter" the rate I charge, even though they have signed a contract that spells everything out in almost too much detail! I am sure there are some young single moms struggling and being very responsible and very accommodating and only use the assistance as a hand up rather than a hand out. I just wish some of them would find their way to my house! However, the ones I have had have treated me like I owe them something just because of their "situation".

So I am not surprised that she flaked out on you. This is quite normal for the DHS crowd I have encountered in MI. They make interview appointments and no call no show; agree to start on a specific date so you hold the spot open and pass up others, just to get stood up or they call the day they are due to start and quit; they will start but as soon as money gets tight for them, they start trying to pick fights with you so they have a "reason" to quit. Oh, and many have a superiority complex where they think they own you and that you are their property. I had one tell me things like "YOU work for ME!" and "Maybe that's how it worked when you had a REAL job out in the REAL world". Needless to say, the DCM is gone. Oh, and she lost the SC lawsuit I filed against her. Karma!
Childminder 08:02 AM 06-10-2010
I really hate to say this, but in my experience DHS clients are the most demanding, bossy, yet irresponsible and cheap clients I have ever had. The ones that I have had were the 20-22 years old single mothers who acted (and even told me) that they knew more about children than me (I'm 35 and have been taking care of children since before these mothers were even born!). They think they're child is a genius and if (s)he is not hitting milestones at least two months ahead of schedule, it's your fault. They also ask about "curriculum" for 6 month olds! Then they complain about every dollar and dime. They even try to "barter" the rate I charge, even though they have signed a contract that spells everything out in almost too much detail! I am sure there are some young single moms struggling and being very responsible and very accommodating and only use the assistance as a hand up rather than a hand out. I just wish some of them would find their way to my house! However, the ones I have had have treated me like I owe them something just because of their "situation".

So I am not surprised that she flaked out on you. This is quite normal for the DHS crowd I have encountered in MI. They make interview appointments and no call no show; agree to start on a specific date so you hold the spot open and pass up others, just to get stood up or they call the day they are due to start and quit; they will start but as soon as money gets tight for them, they start trying to pick fights with you so they have a "reason" to quit. Oh, and many have a superiority complex where they think they own you and that you are their property. I had one tell me things like "YOU work for ME!" and "Maybe that's how it worked when you had a REAL job out in the REAL world". Needless to say, the DCM is gone. Oh, and she lost the SC lawsuit I filed against her. Karma!
Yep, mostly just a bunch of low life idjits! JMO
Francine 08:21 AM 06-10-2010
Well I opened the curtains and unlocked the doors, if they show up now I will just tell them that they can't stay. The baby is now sleeping in the playroom, should have called! Not that I really think they will show up, why do they do this, it is so stupid.
professionalmom 08:29 AM 06-10-2010
Actually I think most of it stems from their insecurity as parents. They are in difficult situations and I am very happy that I am not in their shoes. However, this is business and they need to understand that when they sign a contract, they are responsible for the terms of that contract. And I am really tired of being told, "I'm a single mom, give me a break. I'm not lucky and have a husband like you do." Give me a break. It has nothing to do with luck (that I have a husband). It was responsible family planning. And it's NOT my fault that they are in their situations. I can sympathize until the cows come home, but it doesn't change the fact that "it's not my fault or my problem".

Like I said, I'm sure there are good, decent young, single parents out there working hard to get off assistance. I just have not had any of them come through my door yet.
Francine 09:01 AM 06-10-2010
I would like to think that there are some hard working, honest people out there that just need a bit of help right now with the economy so bad. Somebody who would take the assistance for what it is, a helping hand, not a " right because I'm poor"

There was a period in our lives that my DH and I had to use it, he was in Mortuary School in Indiana, renting an apartment, paying utilities etc. and I was doing the same up here as well as paying daycare for our DD, all on my income. I was so grateful for the assistance, my DH hated take it but to me it was a godsend that I totally appreciated every single day that I had to use it. It was only for one year, once he graduated and got back to work we were fine but for that one year we needed the help. There has got to be people out there like us but so far I haven't run into any of them. I hate to group everybody together and just say that I don't take state pay but it's getting to that point
professionalmom 09:13 AM 06-10-2010
I would like to think that there are some hard working, honest people out there that just need a bit of help right now with the economy so bad. Somebody who would take the assistance for what it is, a helping hand, not a " right because I'm poor"

There has got to be people out there like us but so far I haven't run into any of them. I hate to group everybody together and just say that I don't take state pay but it's getting to that point
Oh, how you are preaching to the choir. I WANT to say no more DHS, but over 80% of the calls I get are DHS. I would be completely out of business if I didn't take some. It's frustrating and I can't wait until my babies are born and my hubby puts in for his transfer to my home state of IL. It's not a LOT better, but nothing can be as bad as MI right now with this economy.

By the way, where ARE all the people like you - hardworking, just starting out, struggling, etc? I've actually been tempted to require an IQ test from the parents. I'm sorry but if you can't figure out what "2 weeks notice" means or understand "late payment fee: $5 per day assessed the day after the due date (usually at drop-off on Mondays)", I'm sorry you just can't be trusted to uphold a contractual agreement.

My MIL told me yesterday that when she was interviewing babysitters over 30 years ago, she told one girl that she was just looking for someone with "good common sense" and the girl replied, "what's common sense?" WHAT? Next ... Maybe that's what I should bring up during the interview process.
nannyde 09:44 AM 06-10-2010

My MIL told me yesterday that when she was interviewing babysitters over 30 years ago, she told one girl that she was just looking for someone with "good common sense" and the girl replied, "what's common sense?" WHAT? Next ... Maybe that's what I should bring up during the interview process.

Bwhahahaha
Janet 11:39 AM 06-10-2010
One of my biggest pain in the arse parents was a DHS single mom. She didn't want to pay the co-pay, which would have been fine considering that she worked 3rd shift and they were dropped off at bedtime and picked up at 7:30am. Not a problem for me, but then she started picking them up a little later each morning so when she started showing up at 8:30am, I told her that she would have to pay the co-pay unless she went back to her 7:30am pick-up. She just didn't want to have to drive out and pick them up and then drive them out here again to drop the boys off at school (I live pretty much next to the school). She then asked if she could just hang out until she had to take the boys to school and like a stupid idiot, I said OK but they aren't my responsibility, they are hers, and my house rules apply. It didn't last long because she fell asleep on the couch within the 1st week! But I digress...

I would never, ever even consider doing the billing for the parent. That is fraud and if the provider and parent were caught, they could get into a lot of trouble. It just isn't worth it.

Giving the parent your provider ID# or any other type of information isn't a guarantee that the parent will get approved. In the state of MI, they are allowed 45 days to decide if a family is approved and for how much and for how many hours. Never assume that a family will be approved, even if they have been approved in the past. I had a different DHS family who had always had the DHS billing and when the kids came back, I assumed that they would be approved. WRONG! The mom didn't comply with Workfirst and I didn't get paid for about 9 weeks of fulltime care for 2 kids! Always get pre-paid for your weekly tuition in advance and just let the parent know that if they are approved, you will refund the amount that the state paid (but make sure that you factor in the copay).

Good luck!
Unregistered 01:28 PM 05-30-2011

What a bunch of twits you all are. DHS mothers are working and trying to make a living to provide for their children. Maybe you have dealt with a few rotten apples, but it seems very childish to judge others based on their need for assistance. Also, it sounds like these mothers take pride in their children and are showing a huge interest in their well being. Maybe you should shut up and do your job, and stop complaining about those "less fortunate" than yourself. I think they are wise to find someone who cares about their children and less obsessed with dollars and cents.
Unregistered 07:52 AM 06-15-2011
this is totally ridiculous! this state's economy is horrible right now. for you to turn your nose up at someone who wants to pay u using dhs benefits while she works is absurd. if you keep only caring for that one child you will be applying for assistance next. maybe there is a good reason you only care for the one child. you can't spell worth a damn! snob
Lisa4kids 10:58 AM 06-15-2011
UNREGISTERED ~ You have no clue what you are talking about! This post is over a year old, and you cant even register on here to put your two cents in!! It's my thought that you are either one of the people receiving or you are just plain ignorant to the facts of having to deal with State Payments and Headaches!! The provider probably has plenty of children she is caring for now and hopefully NOT state paid. From my experience, it was slow in the begining..... 16 years ago. I used to care for state paid families, but was screwed over sooooo many times from the state of michigan. Then in 2006, the governor helped form a union for providers, then proceeded to steal money from providers to run the union...without their concent. We were forced to be unionized. That is when I decided NOT to accept any more. A group of providers have sued the state of michigan over the unionization, and just won last month.... they get their union dues all returned to them. Anyway, Now I have 12 full time children and not one are state of michigan subsidized. No more worries about not getting paid, no more keeping on the parents that "forget" to bill or "dont feel a responsibility to do their part in order to receive their "freebies". I've had parents in the past that complained about having to pay 25 cents per hour and couldn't pay me on time.... I'd rather take on responsible parents that are willing to pay $125 per week per child for quality care and NOT complain!!! This is my business, I'm not a babysitter!
Live and Learn 11:08 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
this is totally ridiculous! this state's economy is horrible right now. for you to turn your nose up at someone who wants to pay u using dhs benefits while she works is absurd. if you keep only caring for that one child you will be applying for assistance next. maybe there is a good reason you only care for the one child. you can't spell worth a damn! snob
.....and you can't capitalize worth a darn!....

Pot calling the kettle black?
Unregistered 11:13 AM 06-15-2011
Thanks for the helpful information
Unregistered-dhs mother 10:06 AM 12-07-2011
I am new to this and have a few questions. I'm a 22 year old single parent going to school full-time. I recently applied for benefits & was approved. The Michigan bridges website says my son is approved for childcare from December 4th-17th, I called his daycare& they said that's unusual that it was only approved for a 2 week time period. So I rechecked, & it has 2 week periods until November of 2012. My provider has not received anything from the DHS office & neither have I about it. I'm confused on if the payments have already started, if so do they go to her or do I receive the check until she gets the paperwork? My DHS office is very snobby & I'm not sure how this whole process works. Any help. Please.
morgan24 01:08 PM 12-07-2011
Most of MI billing is on line now. Have your provider check on line. She should have a provider number. I haven't done state pay daycare in a couple of years. I have called clients workers to get the information that I need.
Unregistered 05:16 PM 10-23-2015
Not right...have you ever thought that there are moms out there that do need to help you just have dealt with idiots try interview in a little bit better
Tags:dhs, michigan
Reply Up