Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arriving with a Night Nappy !!
Explora 12:53 AM 03-26-2018
Hi Everyone,

Im strggling with parents, 2 in particular that purchase cheap nappies and leave the night nappy on until they drop the kids in the morning brfore 8am.

The children are around 18 months, and they will complain if the child starts getting a bit red, but the rash starts over the weekend and gets better during the week?

How do I tell them this is where it all starts going wrong without offending them. I have to just be direct right?

Thax

xoxoxo
from the people pleaser
LysesKids 04:48 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Explora:
Hi Everyone,

Im strggling with parents, 2 in particular that purchase cheap nappies and leave the night nappy on until they drop the kids in the morning brfore 8am.

The children are around 18 months, and they will complain if the child starts getting a bit red, but the rash starts over the weekend and gets better during the week?

How do I tell them this is where it all starts going wrong without offending them. I have to just be direct right?

Thax

xoxoxo
from the people pleaser
I care for under 24 months only... I have it in my policies that all children must arrive freshly dressed for the day, including a clean diaper: I have a few babes that will poop on the drive here & parents will change a diaper at drop-off with no questions asked. They also know that child will go home in a fresh diaper too.
Snowmom 06:52 AM 03-26-2018
Tomorrow, have one of the child's diapers ready at the door. When they hand the baby over, feel to see if they need to be changed. Hand the baby back and give them the diaper and tell them wipes are on the changing table.

You should only have to do that once.
Rockgirl 07:07 AM 03-26-2018
Have you addressed the parents directly about it? I’d simply tell them, “Dcb needs to be changed in the morning before heading my way.”

I know it may feel awkward to say it, but they already know they should be doing it. It’s just basic care. How do they feel ok leaving the child in an overnight diaper? I just don’t get it.
Unregistered 12:04 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Tomorrow, have one of the child's diapers ready at the door. When they hand the baby over, feel to see if they need to be changed. Hand the baby back and give them the diaper and tell them wipes are on the changing table.

Im really going to amend my contract and add it in. Our parents have to leave for work very early in the mornings. Grade School starts at around 730, so a 6am drop is an everyday occurrence. (Ive even dressed my kids at night in play clothes for the morning. (I have 4 kids and 6m is early for me) but i mean I wake up and change nappies, i never keep only one night nappy on, and then still drove to school with ut. Its crazy.
Unregistered 12:05 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

Good Idea!
Unregistered 12:06 PM 03-26-2018
I know right? Crazy
Blackcat31 12:51 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im really going to amend my contract and add it in. Our parents have to leave for work very early in the mornings. Grade School starts at around 730, so a 6am drop is an everyday occurrence. (Ive even dressed my kids at night in play clothes for the morning. (I have 4 kids and 6m is early for me) but i mean I wake up and change nappies, i never keep only one night nappy on, and then still drove to school with ut. Its crazy.
That is never an excuse.
ALL parents have the same 24 hours in a day.

Before opening my own child care I left for work by 5:00 a.m. and still had both my children (under age 3) up out of bed, fully dressed and fed before dropping them off at daycare.

Parents that work early simply need to adjust their day to reflect their work hours. Their children's needs should be their priority and shouldn't be neglected simply because it's early in the morning.

I would refuse to accept any child into care that was not in a fresh diaper.... checking upon arrival if necessary.
Explora 01:35 PM 03-26-2018
I couldnt agree more.
amberrose3dg 03:54 AM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is never an excuse.
ALL parents have the same 24 hours in a day.

Before opening my own child care I left for work by 5:00 a.m. and still had both my children (under age 3) up out of bed, fully dressed and fed before dropping them off at daycare.

Parents that work early simply need to adjust their day to reflect their work hours. Their children's needs should be their priority and shouldn't be neglected simply because it's early in the morning.

I would refuse to accept any child into care that was not in a fresh diaper.... checking upon arrival if necessary.

BrynleeJean 01:35 PM 03-27-2018
when i worked in centers we saw this way more than once unfortunately. and i did as well in my last round of home daycare kids in a child around the same age.

I think that the talk is going to be awkward but it would be best don't face to face no matter what you say, you'll know what to say.
weather its the hand the baby back method
or a "hey stop bringing you kid wet, yup I've noticed"
either way i think it will only have to be said once because if they are decent parents they will have some humility and won't want to have that convo again just like you.
so good luck. don't get red in the face like i do
Ariana 10:03 AM 03-28-2018
For me I would have no problem asking them if they change the child before they come to my home. I would just have a conversation, give my observations and let them know that this is where I feel the rash is coming from.
flying_babyb 06:14 PM 03-28-2018
ive got a mom who tells me "Oh I had to drive the other kids to school and she peed/ pooped on the way"
There is NO WAY this child is peeing enough to soak through at arrival. gonna try the diaper at the door thing!
Explora 03:36 AM 03-29-2018
Hi, Yeah I am implementing checks in the mornings. I'm going to try not be too phased about the parents' embarrassment. At the end of the day, the little one needs to be clean and that's that.
Rockgirl 05:42 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Explora:
Hi, Yeah I am implementing checks in the mornings. I'm going to try not be too phased about the parents' embarrassment. At the end of the day, the little one needs to be clean and that's that.
Their embarrassment is their problem. If they’re dropping off a child without taking care of the child’s basic needs, they SHOULD be embarrassed.
daycarediva 10:39 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Their embarrassment is their problem. If they’re dropping off a child without taking care of the child’s basic needs, they SHOULD be embarrassed.
seriously!!!
Tags:night nappy
Reply Up