Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Four Day Care
BrynleeJean 12:21 PM 04-12-2018
i stumbled upon a post about avoiding burnout in the form of going form 5 to 4 day care. A lot of providers seemed to be on board with the idea. A lot more that i would have thought, but I can't seem to find anymore thread on the topic of 4 day care only?
i might not be wording this right, forgive my prego brain.

if there is a thread can someone direct me?
Blackcat31 01:26 PM 04-12-2018
These are the only threads I found while searching reduced work week or partial work weeks. The first is a specific thread and the second is all the threads that came up when I searched.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...uced+work+week

hoping one of the helps.
Unregistered 03:41 PM 04-18-2018
I moved from 5 days to 4 about a year ago. It has been absolutely perfect. I lost one client, but had a sibling waiting to take that space anyways so it worked out perfectly. I am now full all four days and am making just as much money as I was before. And I love love love my Fridays off. I take my own kids to school and pick them up. I volunteer at their school. I run errands that are tough to do on weekends. I love the grocery store at 8 am on a friday! I also love that I can just be quiet in my own house for a while. Being a mom and a day care provider leaves very little time for alone time. Sometimes I just clean and listen to podcasts. I highly recommend.
Magic 03:50 PM 04-18-2018
I did just that as of March first this year
I was not allowed to hire a " relief " worker so I could go to appointments and do other chores and so on
I was working a 50 plus hour week
felt all i was doing was work and chores
so closed Fridays
now where I am is a HUGE shortage of day Care I felt sooo bad for my families
they under stand but it has caused them issues
I found out this week may be lossing a sibbling pair in a couple months
they can not find help on Fridays so may be bringing in a live in help
BUT IT IS THE BEST THING I DID FOR MYSELF !!
Magic 03:50 PM 04-18-2018
Oh and many other day cares where I am are closed on Fridays also
lovemykidstoo 04:48 PM 04-18-2018
I used to be closed on Fridays and it was wonderful! A real life changer. Then my husband lost his job, we went through our savings while he looked for another job, so here I am working Fridays again because I can make almost $11,000 a year taking in 6 kids on friday. Wish I didn't have to financially, but it is what it is. If you can do it, I highly recommend it!
Tags:4 day week
Reply Up