Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Daycare Insurance

What do you all have for daycare insurance to cover you & your assets incase a parent would sue you?

Right now we have Liability $300,000 through Allstate & we are paying $40 a year. Well we just found out they only cover for up to 4 daycare children not including my own. So basically right now if something happened to a child they could deny me coverage because I am allowed 6 children.

My husband & I are looking into actual daycare business insurance where you are insured for more children for a $1,000,000 policy. Allstate will charge us $750 a yr...$62 a month. Do any of you have a policy like this?

Any opinions/advice would be great. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Sunburst Daycare

I just got a new policy today! covers up to 16 DCB per my license. Cost was $950. The cheapest I could find considering I am in NYC! coverage was $1,000,000 across the board. Assure insurance, commonly spoken around this forum wanted $1952. My new policy was written by Western World Insurance Company. https://www.westernworld.com.
Have an insurance broker contact them on your behalf.

best,

Big Lou
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Home Daycare Provider

I use this company: http://www.assurechildcare.com/child-care-insurance-quote.html

I'm licensed for 6 kids in California and it's $589/yr for a million dollar policy
Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Daycare Member

I have a rider on my homeowners that barely covers anything so I have a separate policy through DCI. 've been with them since 2008. I found out about them through NAFCC and Tom Copeland https://dcins.com/home.php
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Daycare.com Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6 View Post
What do you all have for daycare insurance to cover you & your assets incase a parent would sue you?

Right now we have Liability $300,000 through Allstate & we are paying $40 a year. Well we just found out they only cover for up to 4 daycare children not including my own. So basically right now if something happened to a child they could deny me coverage because I am allowed 6 children.

My husband & I are looking into actual daycare business insurance where you are insured for more children for a $1,000,000 policy. Allstate will charge us $750 a yr...$62 a month. Do any of you have a policy like this?

Any opinions/advice would be great. Thank you!
Please feel free to check out our website where you can review our rates and application. Whether or not we provide coverage in your state we are more than happy to provide you with the information you need to make a decision about child care insurance. We offer general information pamphlets with regard to insurance coverage and we are happy to send you these free of charge. You can also find information on Tom Copelands blog as mentioned above.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance View Post
Please feel free to check out our website where you can review our rates and application. Whether or not we provide coverage in your state we are more than happy to provide you with the information you need to make a decision about child care insurance. We offer general information pamphlets with regard to insurance coverage and we are happy to send you these free of charge. You can also find information on Tom Copelands blog as mentioned above.

Tags
daycare insurance