Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Vehicle Insurance

My husband and I are trying to figure out the logistics of insurance if we will be transporting children. We are trying to figure out how much is would cost as well as all that we're finding is about $300 per month for just car liability insurance. What do you guys do in regards to insurance and transporting children?

In case it matters, we're a small in home with a max of 3 children (4 including my son) and we are not planning to get registered.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling View Post
My husband and I are trying to figure out the logistics of insurance if we will be transporting children. We are trying to figure out how much is would cost as well as all that we're finding is about $300 per month for just car liability insurance. What do you guys do in regards to insurance and transporting children?

In case it matters, we're a small in home with a max of 3 children (4 including my son) and we are not planning to get registered.
You would have to call your own insurance company and find out. Insurance rates are dependent on your driving record and your personal details etc...

I don't want the liability nor do I want to carry commercial insurance so I do not transport kids for any reason at any time.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Daycare.com Media Member

As blackcat stated, call you auto insurance company first. Most insurance companies will not insure you for business use of your vehicle, so you have to find out whether your insurance company would consider it business use.
If they will not cover it, you may want to consider if transporting children is worth the liability risk. We wrote an article that explains in more detail:
https://www.dcins.com/blog/transport...-the-risk.html
Old 11-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have been trying to get insurance quotes for my proposed center. I read on old forms that DCI covers Texas, but when I called I was told they don't. DCI do you still offer liability and renters insurance in Texas?
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Daycare.com Media Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljohnson81 View Post
I have been trying to get insurance quotes for my proposed center. I read on old forms that DCI covers Texas, but when I called I was told they don't. DCI do you still offer liability and renters insurance in Texas?
Unfortunately at this time we do not cover Texas. It looks like that will be changing in the near future, so keep checking back.